Harbour House Hotel
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
$321
$234
Riverbend Inn and Vineyard(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$214
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$148
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$147
$124
GardenInn.com
White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Pool
$218
Queen's Landing(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
$203
South Landing Inn(Queenston)(Great Value!)
$175
$122
1,263 results
All reviewswine and cheeseshuttle servicecovered parkingeuropean breakfastevery afternoonhoneymoon suitesmoked salmoncasserolemy husband and iriver viewpersonalized stationaryboutique hotelcomplimentary shuttlehot dishgas fireplacewhirlpool tubseparate shower
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend at this hotel which I booked based on the reviews on tripadvisor. I'm happy to report that the great reviews are not over rated and in fact encourage anyone looking at this site to do yourself a favour and stay here. We've stayed at many hotels and I don't usually write reviews but felt the absolutely stellar service here was worth noting. No attention to detail has been spared in making your stay comfortable and memorable - from the delicious cookies waiting in your room, the complimentary wine and cheese tasting, wine glasses and cork screw waiting in your room for the bottle of wine you've picked up on your tour , wonderful bath products including bath salts , luxurious linens, fine china for your breakfast in the conservatory and my personal favourite - a carafe to fill from a water cooler located beside the ice machine on your floor ( no plastic bottles!!!). The location was perfect for us with the view of the Niagara river from your room, and the easy walking distance to the center of town through lovely neighbourhoods. Even though the hotel was fully booked the rooms were so quiet that we slept in both mornings. Luckily we didn't miss the breakfast which was served between 8-10 because it was quite good. Even though it was a complimentary buffet style and there were only about 20 -25 guests at a time they had 4 or 5 staff delivering beverages, clearing plates or replenishing the buffet. It was a very relaxing way to start the day. Take away coffee, tea and hot chocolate was available in the lobby as well.

The staff were also very helpful and were able to find us a last minute wine tour with Niagara Vintage Wine Tours which was a fun and informative way to tour 3 different wineries (Southbrook was our favourite). Also dinner at the Charles Inn, their sister property was a wonderful experience. We were driven to and from the restaurant by a very charming man(sorry I'm terrible with names) in their complimentary shuttle. At the end of the meal when the bill arrived we just informed our waitress that we were staying at the Harbour House and the shuttle arrived just after we had paid the bill. This type of smooth and well timed service was characteristic of all our interactions with the staff of Harbour House.

If you are looking for a place to stay where you will have personalized service and a relaxing environment where all the little things are done right, then this is the place for you.

The general manager asked us on the way out if there was anything they could improve on. At the time I couldn't think of anything - however upon reflection I thought how nice it would be if there was a welcoming drink at check in like they do in the Caribbean. After spending hours on the QEW on a Friday at rush hour, a sip of something cool and bubbly would be a treat!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rcsje
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great view of the lake and harbor; nice short walk to shops and restaurants; van service in cold weather (or when you just don't want to walk) is a fabulous benefit; fireplace nice, warm and cozy; bathroom with louvers convenient, clean and well appointed. Great breakfast; and afternoon wine and cheese were a nice touch and gave us an opportunity to talk to other guests and staff. Great customer service; quiet and restful break from our busy lives. We and another couple traveled together, all enjoyed our stay, and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Lake view if possible!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Larissa C, General Manager at Harbour House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am thrilled to hear that you could appreciate and take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service that will take you to any restaurant located in “old town” Niagara-on-the-Lake. Our wine and cheese tasting offers an opportunity to meet other guess and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of this. I will be sure to commend the staff for their great customer service. I look forward to saying hello to you on your next visit to our Harbour House.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We took a mid-week break last week and booked Harbour House Hotel for a Wednesday to Friday stay. Upon arrival we were upgraded to the Chickory Suite which is absolutely beautiful.

Staff are friendly, helpful and cannot do enough for you. Because the upgrade was done spontaneously, the General Manager apologized because the complementary cookies were not in the room. They arrived within minutes of our arrival.

The hotel is tremendous and perfectly located away from the Main Street in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Its location overlooks the marina and is a perfect base to take walks in the town from.

We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RalphW_10
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We last stayed here seven years ago just after it opened. Then, it was superb. Now, some of the staff appear to be resting on past laurels and the breakfast is no longer as inviting nor as fulsome as it then was. Still a very high standard hotel but the Shaw, close by, would now seem a better bet.

Room Tip: Rooms with a distant view of the river are quiet and attractive but not really worth the extra.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Larissa C, General Manager at Harbour House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that Harbour House was not to the standards you felt it was seven years ago. Our European breakfast buffet has offered over 28 items with new and inspired dishes changing frequently from the day we first opened, I am sorry if you felt our breakfast was not inviting or filling. I hope to have the opportunity to speak with you and hear your comments and suggestions on ways to improve. It is with comments like yours that help us strive to and improve to be the best. We hope you will return in the future and please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I agree that Harbour House should be your first choice in Niagara on the Lake. I am quite particular and scour TripAdvisor and other sites for the top spot. This is it. The rooms are lovely and well appointed. The hotel is quiet so you don't have to worry about all those crowds on the main drag. We were treated very well by the staff who were very helpful. Breakfast (included) was billed as continental, but it really wasn't. Loads of choice and I have to say that the 'French toast bake' was the best. I had three helpings and I don't normally go for that type of thing.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so happy to hear that our team was nothing but helpful. When we built the Harbour House, privacy was a priority; we wanted our guests to have a peaceful rest and I am thrilled to hear that you took notice of how quaint our hotel is. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our breakfast team and commend them for preparing a wonderful “French Toast Bake”. I look forward to saying hello to you on your next visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Warm Regards,