“Wonderful experience !”

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Everything about the Harbour House Hotel is flawless. My husband and I spent a night there and from the moment we walked in the door until we left, we were so impressed with everything. In fact, when we were shown the room, I said " we may never leave ".
The staff was marvelous, super friendly and sincere. The breakfast abundant and superb.
We definitely will return, as soon as possible

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cassandra9

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel! We bought a Travelzoo voucher, and stayed just one night. The staff were uniformly helpful, friendly and polite; the room was lovely; the wine and cheese reception was fun, and we met a very nice couple there; and the breakfast was to die for. The personalized attention to detail is unparalleled. Where else will you get personalized stationary, and a personal note on your bag of cookies in your room? The staff will drive you to the theatre or restaurants (although the hotel is so close to everything that we just walked).

The only criticism I have is that there was a fan-noise during the night which we couldn't locate to shut off; perhaps it was on the roof, as we were on the top floor. It wasn't loud, but I'm a light sleeper, and it was slightly annoying.

Anyway, what a delightful place. I hope Travelzoo features it again. Its regular prices are a bit high for me (I'm retired, and cheap!)

Room Tip: 305 had some fan noise in the ceiling area, but otherwise was a charming room overlooking the marina...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Larissa C, General Manager at Harbour House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you were able to indulge in our wine & cheese tasting and meet other guests staying in the hotel. We strive to offer attention to every detail from the décor in the rooms to the personalized stationary and I am thrilled to hear you took notice of this. I am sorry to hear that your sleep was interrupted by a light fan noise; our maintenance department has corrected this concern. I hope to welcome you back to our Harbour House on your next visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My parents bought my husband and I the Jaunt deal for the Harbour House for a one night getaway. This was our first time at this hotel and we were not disappointed at all! From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out the staff could not do enough to ensure our stay was beyond perfect. Cait was amazing, she was extremely personable, friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the wine and cheese reception and got to mingle with some of the other guests and enjoy some local wine. The cheese dip was great...they will even give you the recipe if you ask. We also really liked the fresh peanut butter cookies that greeted us in our room as well as in the lobby when we returned later in the evening.
We stayed in room 307 facing the harbour...I'd highly recommend it, very scenic and we left the window open a touch to listen to the boats as we fell asleep. The rooms are fantastic, I can not think of even one thing to complain about.
This is a great place to go for a relaxing getaway...we will be returning for sure!

Room Tip: Room 307 faces the harbour...great view!
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I visited Harbour House in April and we very much enjoyed the hotel as well as Niagara On The Lake. Checkin was a breeze, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Food: Breakfast was good, I believe there is something for everyone there. The hot portion was very nice and there was a good selection of teas.
The wine and cheese tasting was also enjoyable, and nice added perk of staying in this hotel.
We had dinner reservations at The Charles Inn and the hotel shuttle was very convenient as it was a little chilly to walk (although it would be a lovely walk in the summertime I am sure!). Dinner at The Charles Inn was terrific, and the hotel shuttle returned to pick us up promptly when we were finished.

Room: Our room (#205) was nice, clean, but a little bit small. Looking at the map of the floor we were staying on, it appeared that we were in one of the smallest rooms so I am sure that there are larger rooms available (which we would look into booking if we stay there again the future). The bed was comfortable with high quality linens, but VERY squeaky to the point that my sleep was interupted anytime my husband or I rolled over in the night.

Overall it was a very nice stay, and next time we visit Niagara On The Lake we would definately consider staying here again.

1  Thank breaster

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our European style breakfast and over 28 items that are prepared fresh daily. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service for dinner and found it useful on a chilly evening. Majority of our Premium style rooms are quite spacious and perhaps on your next visit you will allow us the opportunity to offer a different lay out to you. I am happy to confirm that the headboard has been repaired and again I apologize for the interrupted sleep you experienced. I hope to welcome you back to our Harbour House on your next visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had a wonderful overnight stay here. All the staff were so welcoming and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Love how they will call to make dinner reservations for you and arrange their shuttle to drop you off and pick you up. The wine and cheese gathering they hold at 4 pm each day is a great way to meet other guests or just to relax by yourself and enjoy the lounge area in the hotel. The room was great and the bed and bedding wonderfully luxurious. We have visited before and will visit again. Perfect place to stay while in NOL.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We booked a two night stay, with friends who were celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary. They gave the Harbour House a 10. Said it's the best place they've stayed. They couldn't stop raving about the breakfast. (my husband and I have had the breakfast before, we never had the pleasure of staying at the Harbour House, just at the Shaw Club).

The welcome note we received with our cookies was a great touch. The wine and cheese at 4pm each afternoon, awesome! (I'm sorry I didn't get the older gentleman's name that was always there to pour my wine and call me young lady.) I also liked the little book on the table where everyone could write a little note. So many people, from so many places.

I can't say enough about the entire staff there. From Cait (I hope I spelled it right) who checked us in and showed us how to use everything in our room, to the gentleman who brought me a shower cap. (not even 2 minutes after I called the front desk) The super-shower is crazy! (I loved it)

We will definitely be back. I can see why there are so many awards on the wall. :)

Oh, to the person that complained about how high the bed is....really? That bed, along with everything else, was just incredible.

Thank you Harbour House, for an amazing stay! :)

Room Tip: Our room was 301, over the patio, there is a road there.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Larissa C, General Manager at Harbour House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am ecstatic to hear that you had such an amazing stay. We are very fortunate to have top notch staff that are passionate and genuinely care for our guests. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our front desk and breakfast teams and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Harbour House on your next visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We recently spent 2 nights at Harbour House using a Travelzoo voucher. The value was great but what made the visit memorable was the inn itself! We had a lovely room, comfy bed, fireplace, and all amenities were in place. Breakfast was perfect for what we wanted. The staff is excellent and from the start made us feel at home and welcomed. The wine and cheese hour gave us opportunities to meet other guests adding to the feeling of 'home away from home'. We plan on returning again as the area holds much interest and we've just started to explore it. We highly recommend Harbour House when visiting NOTL!