“Tenth time as wonderful as the first time!!!”

Harbour House Hotel
Waterloo, Canada
“Tenth time as wonderful as the first time!!!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was our tenth time here and as always it never disappoints ! The special touches; fresh cookies in the room.ice in the bucket, a bottle of wine. fireplace on and the music playing. Such a nice welcome upon entering our room. Staff remembers and does what ever you need to make the stay one to remember with such touches. Breakfast always has much to choice from , and the staff always there to ensure a needs are meet. Will return in April for the eleventh time in "Our Room"

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

A very delightful and pleasant visit to a beautiful hotel.
Harbour House Hotel is beautifully appointed, clean, welcoming and the staff are professional, approachable and courteous. The contact by email I had both upon booking prior to our stay and also after our visit was absolutely first class. I have stayed in some very nice hotels around the world but the personal service this Hotel has definitely been beyond compare; offering additional services and arrangements to facilitate our stay. I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment and will certainly return myself! Thank you HHH.

Room Tip: The Hotel looks like the pictures on the website, a true depiction.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Larissa C, Front Office Manager at Harbour House Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to appreciate our team and their courteous and approachable personalities. I am so glad to hear that your impression of our Harbour House was everything we strive to offer on a daily basis. We take pride in offering that personal touch to as many guests’ stay’s as possible. I look forward to saying hello to you on your next visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Warm Regards,
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I just spent 2 nights at Harbour House celebrating our 25th anniversary. The hotel is very well maintained and the staff is both friendly and enthusiastic. Our room (309) was perfect. Very large sleeping area with fireplace and an extra large bathroom with shower and jacuzzi tub. Large <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)"><a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)">windows</a></a> on 2 sides provide lots of natural light and a great view of the marina and the river. We have stayed in most of the hotels in Niagara On The Lake over the past 25 years and this room is by far the nicest we have been in. They provide a very pleasant late afternoon wine and cheese offering that gives you an opportunity to meet other guests. It gives the hotel lobby area a feel you would get at a B & B. Breakfast is included and provides a nice selection with attentive service.
The only thing preventing me from giving Harbour House a 5 star rating is its lack of a <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)"><a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)">restaurant</a></a>. It is not a big deal because the downtown area is just 5 blocks away. If you are not up to the walk the <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)"><a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)">hotel</a></a> provides a shuttle service.
We will definitely return to Harbour House!!!

Brockport, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed at the Harbour House earlier this week and really enjoyed our visit. The staff could not be more helpful or friendly. The room was so comfortable and the many lamps allowed for plenty of light. The warmth of the fireplace was an added bonus. We met another couple and we played a game in the dinning room both nights and we were offered water, ice and cookies while we played. The hotel is very quiet for sleeping. We will be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Larissa C, Front Office Manager at Harbour House Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to take notice and appreciate our friendly and helpful staff. I am glad that you found your room to be equipped with enough lighting, and it helped in making your stay more enjoyable. I love hearing of experiences where our guests are able to connect with other couples staying in our Harbour House. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Kind Regards,
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was a delightful experience for us... Harbour House exceeded expectations!! The beautiful decor, the warmth and friendliness of the staff all added to the charm of this bed and breakfast. Our room was very cozy with a fireplace and a king sized bed with comfy linens. The breakfast was
exceptional, and I know we will definitely be back. Worth your while to visit here - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am thrilled to hear that our Harbour House exceeded your expectations, and I am thankful of your appreciation for our décor, linens, and warmth of the staff. We are proud to have such an amazing team and I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our wonderful staff. I look forward to saying hello to you on your return visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Kind Regards,

Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I tried to reconcile our average rating with the extensive praise that the Harbour House has received on the Trip Advisor site, so we thought about other excellent and very good hotels that we have stayed in all across Canada. We have stayed in 6 five star and 9 four star hotels in Canada over the past few years. We both tried to place the Harbour House in that constellation of fine hotels. Unfortunately, it didn't approach any of the 15. In fact, if it wasn't for the good breakfast and the friendly staff that served us (most especially Gillian), we would have rated the hotel as poor. For me personally, I would have appreciated more than very dim lighting and a decent place to sit down (my wife commandeered the only chair). We will neither return nor recommend Harbour House. Interestingly our stay was at the highly discounted off-season rate. At full price I would have been outraged.

3 Thank karlesss
Larissa C, Front Office Manager at Harbour House Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience was anything but perfect. We do have many rooms with more natural lighting that we could have offered to you and I’m sorry that you found your room to be too dim. Likewise, we have a selection of rooms that offer larger seating with two reading chairs or even a couch. I would like to personally invite you back to Harbour House Hotel and assist in making your stay perfect. Please contact me at anytime by phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you and saying hello to you on your next visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Warmest regards,

lchunick@harbourhousehotel.ca
1-866-277-6677
Wheatfield, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2013

What a great find! This was our fourth time in Niagara on the Lake, the first time at Harbour House, and by far the most rewarding. From the comfort of the room to the hospitality of the staff I cannot rave enough about this charming hotel. Definitely had a bed and breakfast feel to it. The bedding was so comfortable; the room delightful. The staff was courteous and beyond friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The wine and cheese hour in the conservatory was enjoyable. Breakfast in the morning was delicious! Would definitely come back and certainly recommend!