“THE WATER RIDE OF A LIFETIME!”

Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$59.47*
and up
Niagara Falls Open Jet Boat Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: One-hour whitewater adventure that combines the magnificent scenery and historic highlights of lower Niagara River.
Forest Hills, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“THE WATER RIDE OF A LIFETIME!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

After I experienced the Whirlpool Jet Boats at Niagara-on-the-Lake, I can never return to that town without booking a ride! Who would have thought a small town like this would be home to something so much fun? True, it's best if you come prepared to get the soaking of your life and to get plenty of Niagara River water in your face (and DON'T FORGET TO BRING A CHANGE OF CLOTHING FOR AFTERWARDS ... or at least wear a swinmsuit during the tour!), but the excitement generated by the guides and the people around you while you're shooting through whirlpools and The Devil's Hole and spinning around in Hamilton Turns more than makes up for any little discomforts (such as wet clothing)! The personnel are very careful about their passengers (safety and health first seems to be their motto); they always give a full briefing before boarding the Jetboat, make sure everyone has a properly worn and secured life vest, and make sure that people with back problems DO NOT sit in the first four rows. The changing rooms for before and after are always handy, but a new innovation is the thumbprint-coded lockers for storing personal belongings during the tour located inside the main office. They also now now provide a USB drive for purchase after the tour which contains action photos and a two- or three-minute video taken (via helmet-cam on a front-row passenger) of your tour and charge through rapids!

There's another Whirlpool Jet Boat station in Niagara Falls, but I think you're probably better off avoiding the tourist crowds there and coming HERE to enjoy this mad dash up and down the river!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Tony S

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“You ready to get soaked!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This was actually a really fun ride! It was raining a little when my husband and I went, but that little rain was nothing compared to how soaked you get.

My husband was initially disgusted by the fact that you had to wear a poncho and water shoes worn by other ppl. You're free to bring your own gear if you don't wanna use the communal ones.

If you really wanna get wet, sit in the first three rows. You get wet regardless of where you sit, but more so the closer you are to the front.

If you want to get the video, it's not really worth it if you're sitting towards the back. The way the camera was positioned, if you're in the first 5 rows you're shown on the video. Aside from that, it's not really worth it, unless you wanna see all the other ppl on the ride.

2 Thank ShortyNB
Portland, Maine
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great time, nice break from the Tourism area”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I went on this with my 6 and 11 yr old kids, it is more on the expensive side for attractions here, but spending 120 bucks or so for this was WAY more worth it than wasting 40 bucks to walk through the Ripleys Museum on Clifton Hill for a half hour. We left out of Niagara-on-the-Lake...and it was SO nice to get out of the tourism area and experience real Canada. The drive from the Falls area up there was beautiful. My older son sat in 4th row, i sat further back with the younger one (we were required to because of his age). The guide was so great, he got the group involved, made jokes..but also told us about some of the history, etc of the river as we went toward the falls. The first few rapids we went into I didnt really get wet. But once we went into the whilrpool area, and back into the bigger rapids (4 times i believe) we got hit by a ton of water. Very fun, but I held onto my younger son as the force of the water was strong. My kids thought i was lame because i was the only adult in the whole group that 'chose' to wear a poncho. But i am glad i did, as the first part of the trip back was shady and chilly. I know they have boats leaving from other locations...but just go to this one. You get a Wonderful view of the lake, and the little town is great too.

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“sucked”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

It was the absolute worse experience - if you must go on it and sit in the first 3 rows be prepared to be hit by a wall of water so hard that your neck will snap and you may suffer neck injuries. I felt that I had struck a brick wall!
Then my sinuses were so cleaned out that you cannot even catch your breath for at least 30 seconds if not more.
The person behind me was not aware that the boat was a self bailing boat and was freaked out by the water being up to her knees before it finally drained back out.
I have been on the Isla twister in Mexico and actually loved it but this Niagara thrill ride was a nightmare from beginning to end.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank CD88852
Akron, Ohio
“A Company Who Cares”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I never got to ride the tour, but did find out how much they really care about you having fun, but mostly about YOU!
For those of you that are healthy, it sure sounds (from what my son-in-law says) like a LOT OF FUN...for those of you that aren't, I guarantee you they'll make sure your safety is number 1.
Unfortunately, I am on oxygen and thought I would be okay as long as the concentrator didn't get soaked. They on the other hand did not feel the same. And although I was extrememly distraught at not being able to go and have fun. I know everyone was thinking of my best interest.
I have to give HIGH marks to this company, a beautiful girl named Arden was very patient and understanding and for a company to post that there is NO REFUNDS and then to give me the money back they are ALL "A-1" in my book...

Visited September 2012