“Close to the Shaw”
Review of Paris Guest House

Paris Guest House
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The Paris House B&B is right behind the Court House Theatre and within easy walking distance of the other theatres. Just right for Shaw Festival goers! It is all on one floor, a boon for older visitors. Our room was pleasant with a very comfortable bed. The food is excellent, so much so that we asked for the recipe for blueberry French toast. Annelie is an amiable host, willing to accommodate food preferences. We are looking forward to next year.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

My wife and I are workaholics. We work at different hours of the day and don't have the same days off. We knew we needed to plan a weekend off together. Our stay at the Paris House was the perfect remedy. Our host Annelie was very kind and polite when we called to book our weekend, she even helped us plan our leisure time during our stay. My wife usually doesn't sleep well, but said that she had the best sleep in years, and did not want to leave the bed in the morning. The breakfast was served on time, hot and Delicious. Such talent was put into her food, the way it was presented and displayed made it even more appetizing. This was our first stay at the Paris House, and have already booked our next stay as rooms are limited. I will be telling all of our friends and family of our amazing trip.

Room Tip: Call direct, book 2 night weekends and get lower rate
1  Thank soey22
Reviewed July 13, 2011

What a delightful place! Tucked in a little lot on a quiet residential street - directly behind Main St., with all its quaint little shops, eateries and summer theatre venues - stands a white cottage-like house surrounded by a lovely garden with wildflowers, berry bushes and an adirondack chair or two for relaxing. My room was comfortable, simply elegant, and quiet. I slept well and enjoyed having my own full bath; I felt very at home. The common rooms for guests - both dining and sitting rooms - were ample in size, uncluttered and welcoming. Soft relaxing music plays in the background during the day. There's a big-screen TV, and a little refridgerator for guests to use. The hot, gourmet breakfasts served each morning were extraordinary, and there were always multiple courses; pastries were warm and fresh out of the oven; the inviting fragrance of freshly prepared omelettes or french toast or muffins or fruit compote wafted throughout the cottage, as well as the fresh herbs and spices used creatively in all the offered delectables. Lots of hot coffee and chilled fruit juices graced the table as well. The coffee had substance and flavor; unlike the watered-down varieties at other locales. Mostly, I enjoyed meeting Annelie, the host and owner. Lovely, vibrant, interesting, and always attending to the comfort of her guests. I truly recommend the Paris House; accommodations are superb, yet simple, the morning meal is a gift for all, especially for the discerning palate! The price is right, and you can't beat the location. It's the kind of place you feel comfortable hanging out at, between activities. There's a lovely back porch with cushy sofas and armchairs, protected under a canopy of mosquito netting. Current magazines are strewn about on the coffee table, and the whole atmosphere is balmy, cozy, serene. I brought dinner and a glass of wine out there one of the evenings, enjoying it as much as dining out on Main St. other nights. Do book your next stay at the Paris House, but shhhhh, don't tell too many people about this little hidden treasure!
Fondly,
Christine P.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Christine48333
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Decided to surprise my wife for our anniversary and gateway to Niagara on the Lake.

Hostess Annelie was warm and welcoming able to accommodate us for an early check in.

When I booked I asked if I could pay to arrange to have a bottle of champagne in the room as a surprise after we returned from our show. When we arrived back we were blown away as not only did she have a bottle of champagne however prepared chocolate dipped strawberries. We were able to enjoy the champagne and the strawberries on her back porch (very romantic).

Had a relaxing sleep bed was very comfortable with plush linens!

We awoke to a delicious plentiful breakfast! Annelie was able to cater to our dietary needs being gluten free.

Location was perfect!! Only 1 block from downtown core! It was very convenient as we didn't have to drive, being walking distance to shops, restaurants and the theater.

We will defiantly be back, actually have already booked for next year! Thank you again to Annelie for making our occasion extra special.

1  Thank w0rshipthesun
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The Paris House is an outstanding B&B with the perfect NOTL location! It's back gate leads right out to the Town's main square, the home is warm & cozy, the bedrooms are very comfortable, the breakfast is great and Annelie is a wonderful hostess!!

I highly recommend the Paris House!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are 1st floor and comfortable
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jeffrey_lipuma
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My girlfriend and I wanted to get away for a couple of days, so we decided to drive up to Niagara on the lake. We figured that since it was in the middle of the week we'd have no problems getting a hotel room, or a room at a BB.

We looked at a few different houses, and they were all in pristine condition, however the location of the Paris house, with it's back yard access to the Courthouse Theater parking lot, made it an easy decision for us.

Our decision to go with the Paris house proved to be a great one. Our host Annelie was very warm and friendly, our room was very neat, and comfortable, and the whole house was just very cozy and charming. Unlike a hotel room, it just felt like we were at a friends house.

In the morning we woke up to the wonderful aromas coming from the kitchen, which made us very excited to have breakfast. Let's just say we weren't disappointed. We were treated to delicious, freshly baked muffins, grapefruit with caramelized brown sugar on top, and the most amazing scones I have ever had. I realize that not everyone is a breakfast person, but it would be a mistake to stay at the Paris house, and not experience their amazing breakfasts.

The amazing services provided by our guest Annelie was not restricted to our stay at her residence, she was able to answer many questions, and make suggestions about how to make our stay more memorable. She provided us with coupons for wine tastings from some of the local wineries, suggested restaurants that we could dine at, etc.

We would definitely recommend the Paris House to anyone wishing to visit Niagara on The Lake. We look forward to coming back to this gorgeous, romantic town, and will definitely be staying at the Paris House.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Swirvin66
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I recently had extended family come for a get together in Niagara Falls and needed a couple of extra rooms for some family members to stay.

Instead of booking a hotel in Niagara Falls I decided to book them a B&B in Niagara on the Lake since they wanted to attend the Shaw Festival while down.

I found a lovely B&B call Paris House within walking distance of the main Shaw Theater and with direct access to the courthouse theater by simply walking through the back yard.

The rooms and adjoining bathrooms were cozy and scrupulously clean, the atmosphere of the whole house made everyone relaxed a feel right at home.

Annelie, our personable host made us feel right at home and helped us with all our needs, coupons to local wineries and attractions, suggestions on places that my out of town relatives might like to see, lovely home made snacks but best of all was the wonderful breakfast that she produces from scratch.

The amazing aromas and taste of fresh baked scones and home made delicacies make staying at the Paris House a treat for all the senses. Her attention to details such as individual dietary needs made us feel like we were staying with family.

I only wish that I could enjoy every morning as much as I enjoyed while staying here.

It appears that Annelie is constantly improving the Paris House, I look forward to seeing how she improves the house the next time I need a special place to stay, although it is hard to imaging having a better experience than we had and at great value.

Room Tip: Both rooms that we rented were excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family