“Please don't take my wine away from me”
Review of Stratus Vineyards

Stratus Vineyards
Cleveland, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Please don't take my wine away from me”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

All I have to say is during my tasting flight, that I paid for, the woman pouring the wine took my wine glass out of my hand to show me how to "properly swirl". Really???
Now I've been wine tasting all over the world: Napa, France, Italy, etc. and I'm not a newbie. I guess in her opinion I was doing something wrong. Regardless of how someone chooses to taste their wine, there is no reason to be so rude. At that point I'm not interested if your wine is exceptional, this place is pretentious and overrated.

Visited November 2012

Stow, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Stood Apart From All Other Tastings”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Last Saturday we visited over a dozen wineries in the Niagara on the Lake region. This winery stood apart from all the others. It was from the moment we were greeted at the door. The tasting was a little pricey, but was the most educational we received that day. The young lady helped us choose wines that fit our taste. Also this was the only place that used the glasses to match the wine. Other wineries used the same glass regardless of the wine (sometime would not rinse when switch to between different types). It was an excellent experience.

Visited September 2013
Mississauga, Canada
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Beautiful Wedding”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Attended wedding Aug 17 - Beautiful setting! Loved the view of vineyard from back deck where lots of seating with fireplace. Appetizers were amazing! A little nervous with kids and all the bottles of wine everywhere. Kids provided with room to play. Bar area and deck both larger than seemed in photos. Kids did not like beef which was really a veal served blue rare - kids don't like blood on their food. Pasta was great and hot and cooked perfectly. Potatoes were strangely lumpy. Desserts disappeared quickly and wedding cake was not served as promised - but people just went to kitchen door to fetch and apparently some cake slices were left on the dessert table but desserts were boxed up too quickly. Wine is amazing - took home several bottles of white 2005.

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Napa Style Winery in Niagara”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I did a tasting at Stratus based on some good reviews online. Stratus reminded us both of some of the wineries in Napa...quite modern and sophisticated. The staff there was friendly, and our server was gracious and informative, he even gave us some great tips on other wineries we could visit. The wine was very good, and the facility was quite elegant and upscale, especially the patio. If you're doing a day of tastings, or just going by, Stratus is well worth the stop.

Visited August 2013
San Francisco, CA
125 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Gorgeous. Fantastic service. What a nice experience”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Gorgeous, very stylish modern tasting room. Really one of the nicest we have ever seen anywhere. The service was very rarely seen, a woman opened the door for us and welcomed us, and the woman who did the tasting was very gracious- agreeing to move to allow our kids to sit on chairs at the end of the bar. And, she was incredibly knowledgable about wine in general and helpful in explaining their processes. We bought some red ice wine, which we didnt' even realize existed until we visited Stratus.

The place is straight out of architectural digest magazine- very beautiful design with incredible modern patio. Beautiful.

Visited July 2013