“good atmosphere, terrible staff” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olde Angel Inn Hotel and Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Olde Angel Inn Hotel and Restaurant
Toronto, Canada
“good atmosphere, terrible staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2006

We stayed in the Captain's room on the long weekend in May. The inn itself has a rustic feel, but the room was a lot smaller than the website shows and was very dusty and not clean. The staff was not friendly, very dismissive, and borderline rude. Nobody informed us of checkout time, but didn't hesitate banging on the door loudly demanding that we leave the room at 10 minutes past the checkout time. I have stayed at many inns and hotels, and never has any staff member been so rude and unprofessional. I would NOT recommend this inn. There are plenty of other options in this beautiful town, do not settle for the Olde Angel Inn's sub par accomodations and service.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank CCIU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2006

I was really concerned when I read some of the previous reviews and almost canceled my reservation. Boy I am glad that I did not! The staff was friendly and helpful and the value that you get for the NOTL region is fantastic.

Please be warned...They do have musicians playing in the evenings and if you are looking for a fancy hotel or quiet B&B, then this is probably not the place for you.

However, if you enjoy a pub atmosphere with good music and food, and like to stay in a down-to-earth unique inn...then this it a great place to stay while you are in the NOTL region.

• Stayed January 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank valerie h
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2005

We are the ladies that stayed at the Inn that night. Sorry that your Anniversary was spoiled by us, but one must wonder why for an Anniversary that you would stay at an Inn and not a quite Honeymoon suite. Like yourselves, we we're a group of 9 women all with children of different ages looking for the exact place we stayed. We we're getting away from it all and just having fun. We we're told by the hotel manager that we had been too loud and had calmed down the next night. I hope that you will reconsider the Inn again for holidays but bring your friends and have a great time.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2005

My husband and I wanted a nice weekend getaway for our 10 year anniversary. We knew there was a pub downstairs, so we expected some level of noise early on. The pub closed at 12:30 and everyone was gone by 1AM. Unfortunately there was a group of women split between one of the cottages and the rooms by ours. They spent the night going back and forth between the two places. Our room was at the top of the stairs and right above the front door. Every time the door shut or one of them went up and down the stairs it was extremely loud and impossible to sleep. Needless to say we got about 3 hours of sleep the first night. We decided to leave (because we can be at home with our 3 small children and get more sleep than that) and unable to book a room anywhere else so late, had to go home on Saturday, ruining our once every three or so years weekend getaway! The management (when we could finally find them) did let us out of paying for the second night, but offered no solution to the problem.

• Stayed October 2005
St. Catharines, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2005

I have been frequenting the Angel Inn on a regular basis since the mid 1970's and have witnessed a few changes in ownership and management style over the years. I had been told that new ownership had made some positive changes and decided to "see for myself". Recently a friend and I went for dinner to what had been one of my favourite establishments in NOTL. We were met with disappointment. The pub area had been increased in size and that was good but the beer that was served was somewhat warm and the meal served (all meals had increased in price) was certainly not as generous a portion as had been served in the past. Simply stated, the Angel Inn seems to have fallen into the present NOTL mode...........boost the price, limit the quality and quantity, cater to the tourist crowd.........and be damned with the locals. Too bad..........hopefully this is not yet another NOTL establisment that is not interested in repeat business. I will return after the peak tourist season of the summer is over and give the Angel Inn one more opportunity to impress.

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank rossw938
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2005

The atmosphere of the Olde Angel Inn Hotel and Restaurant was ok but the $28 CAD prime rib and $22 CAD chicken supreme were decidedly ordinary. We had high expectations for the chicken supreme based on the menu but were let down by the small portions and cheap chicken used. We were lucky to have used the Entertainment Card which saved us $20 CAD as we would have been disappointed had we paid full price.

Stayed July 2005
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2005

On a recent trip to NOTL to pick up Shaw Festival tickets, my friend and I decided to eat lunch in the Angel Inn's Pub. I'd heard that it was good. The service was fairly ordinary, although the waitress didn't ask me whether I wanted unsweetened or sweetened iced tea so I got the latter and had to send it back. My friend ordered the Ploughman's lunch which, though on the appetizer menu, cost over $11 CAD and I ordered the Ceaser salad with salmon. I was very surprised to see that her "three cheeses with French bread, fruits and vegetables" consisted of three rather thin slices of cheese rather than the hunks I'd always associated with Ploughman's lunches. Her French bread looked as if it was made by the Wonder Company rather than a bakery and they only gave her three tiny pieces of it. My own salad had reasonably good greens and dressing and the salmon was o.k. but the croutons looked as if they came from the same Wonder company (very tiny squares) and the entire mess was topped with Bacos. To my knowledge, bacon isn't usually part of a Caesar salad, but if it was, I'd expect real bacon bits and not Bacos. It was most definately not worth the price and when I go back next week for an extended stay, we will not be eating there.

• Stayed July 2005