“Authentic atmosphere and excellent food”
Review of The Olde Angel Inn

The Olde Angel Inn
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Step through the doors and back into history! The Olde Angel Inn (Circa 1789 - burned down as a result of the war of 1812 and rebuilt in 1815) is situated in the heart of the historic district. We have 5 cosy, comfortable historic rooms and we are a short stroll to the Main Street and Shaw Festival Theatre; as well as a short drive to many of the local wineries. We offer hearty British Pub fare as well as 24 selections of draught beer on tap and 17 different wines by the glass. Live entertainment is provided on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights (Wednesday during peak season). Stop by and visit Canada's prettiest town!
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I were in NOTL for the first time over New Year's Eve. We ate lunch on New Year's day in the pub/restaurant. The Inn has a lot of history and the restaurant seemed to as well. It seemed like an authentic pub with wonderful food. There were English food items as well as many types of beer on tap. The bar was full of people enjoying a soccer game on the TV. Just a fun place with good food.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,263)

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went for a late dinner. The guys who served us were friendly and efficient. Enjoyed the beer and the casual atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The service was horrible. We waited forever to order our food and drinks. The server did not seem to enjoy her job at all and was not very personable. We also waited forever to pay our bill at the end of our meal. That being said, the food was all right and the band was great, although it was a bit loud for the size of the restaurant.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had a horrible service experience at this restaurant that will definitely stop me from ever going back.

The special of the day was Sunday pot roast with potatoes and Yorkshire pudding. Both my friend and I wanted to get it but the vegetable it came with was peas and neither one of us likes peas. My friend decided to get the meatloaf instead because it comes with green beans. I asked if I could change to green beans and was told no, that I would be charged for an extra side dish if I wanted that vegetable. The waitress told me to get the meatloaf becuase it was better than the pot roast. I said I wasn't wild about meatloaf and asked about a burger instead. At that point in time the waitress said "Oh my God" and ripped the menu out of my hands and walked away from our table. I looked at both of my friends in bewilderment and said..."so what exactly am I getting to eat?" None of us knew? I was afraid to ask the waitress since she clearly was in a "mood". I was really hoping she didn't bring me meatloaf because I wasn't going to eat it and I would have further angered the waitress by asking for something else. I had to wait for 15 minutes to see what I was going to end up with for dinner! And I was apprehensive the whole time.

Clearly this establishment does not believe in pleasing the customer. When she brought out my pot roast it did indeed have green beans on the plate instead of peas. However, the meat was overcooked and blackened to a crsip around the edges. It was dry and hard as a bone. I could barely cut it. The yorkshire pudding was burnt to a crisp and almost inedble. The only good thing on the plate was the green beans. They were delicious. So be careful what you wish for here. I got what I asked for, but my meal was mostly inedible and I was afraid to make a fuss since the waitress was clearly not a tolerant sort of person. I ate what I could and then left, and I will not return.

I talked to some other folks who had similar poor service at this restaurant so it is obviously not a singular occurrence.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great atmosphere-an old fashioned pub with a local vibe. We had a few pints and some delicious fries to go with them. Such an amazing little find.