124 on Queen Hotel and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Dallavalle(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
The Charles Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Prince of Wales(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
  • Pool
Moffat Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Shaw Club Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Harbour House Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Queen's Landing(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
All reviewsbedroom villatreadwell restaurantthe main streetl'occitane toiletriesfull kitchenwasher and dryerwine barreception areaamazing hotelbottle of champagnemy husband and ihotel shuttlecouples massageperfect locationboutique hotelhuge bathroomcoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here in their 2 bedroom villa with our 15 month old daughter. It was...well... spectacular. The service from the front desk was impeccable: walked us to our room in the rain with an umbrella over my wife and daughter's head, got us ice for drinks, put a pack and play in the bedroom of our request and even put the TV on for me while I rushed to get our daughter down for a nap.

The rooms are so well appointed that it's hard to articulate. It's not fancy, it's not over-the-top, just well decorated and set up to function well. The kitchen is especially well equipped.

A tip: if you bring kids that are in a stroller, the ground floor villa units are excellent. We walked out the patio doors, past our beautiful patio furniture and BBQ and were on the main street browsing in seconds. It was ultra convenient.

And what is more... the units feel like they are "away from it all" even though you are "in the middle of it all." It's such a great aspect to staying here and my wife and I repeated that refrain throughout the weekend.

The hotel is next door to a supermarket. It's very easy to stock your fridge with food upon arrival and even if you don't want to cook you can have snacks on hand. Also, we rented bikes with a baby trailer and pedaled along the cycle/pedestrian only path that runs along the Niagara River and it was just fabulous - what a great day passing wineries and enjoying the peace.

As other reviews have indicated, they are #1 for a reason. They are an all around top drawer facility.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
124onQueen, General Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Hello "#1Vancouverite", thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay. It sounds like you had a great stay in the two bedroom villa. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed at 124 On Queen on July 16-17, 2014 as a surprise for her 45th birthday. It was a great place to stay. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was awesome as was the location! They had a bottle of wine in the room for my wife's birthday and were very helpful with recommendations for dinner & other activities.

The only complaint, if you call it that, is that the office where you check in is not properly marked. There are several buildings on the property and we walked around in the rain for a few minutes trying to find the office for check-in. The room was $325 for the night but definitely worth it and we will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi "Todd L", thank you for posting this review of your recent stay with us! And thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wife's birthday surprise. I hope you and your wife make this an annual getaway.

Cheers,

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Saturday July 12th 2014 for 2 nights. I can say without reservations that this was the best hotel experience I’ve had in recent memory. The access to the parking lot is easy to miss and it is a one way drive immediately after the Hendriks Valu-Mart. Drive slowly or you will miss it! We booked a spa and dinner package. The front office staff is ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING in every way. Any building can be a hotel but the staff makes the experience. Every single member of the staff was smiling, pleasant, attentive, informative and helpful. Kudos to them! My room was beautiful and looked like it was just painted. The bathroom was spacious with a cool travertine tile floor. King size bed with 2 sets of pillows with different firmnesses (I need firm and the wife is a belly sleeper). My room faced Queen Street ---- the crowded, busy, bustling ‘main drag’ of the town --- but the room it was pin-drop quiet. The spa treatment was outstanding for the both of us. Be aware that tip is INCLUDED with the repurchased package. Dinner at Treadwells was outstanding and I’ll review them in detail separately. I can honestly say that I will never stay anywhere else but here when I return.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and ask for a room that faces Queen Street. Avoid rooms that face the restaurant.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you "TheOldDude" for taking the time to post this review! I am pleased to hear you had a great weekend with us. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was our first time at Niagara on the Lake and wanted someplace that was in a central location. I can't say enough about 124 Queen Street. It is brand new and perfect. It is spotless, decorated gorgeous and the staff is amazing. The girls at the front desk went out of their way to help us feel comfortable as we got there before our room was ready. The showed us to the rooftop lounge and let us get comfortable there. As soon as our room was ready they came right up to tell us. The size of the room was wonderful. The bathroom is so spacious and spotless. The housekeeping was equally outstanding as they called to ensure that they could clean the room so they were not getting in our way.
We needed ice and they brought it up right away. After we left Niagara on the Lake we went to Marriott in Niagara Falls ( Canada Side) and they nickeled and dimed us for everything. 124 Queen was total opposite. WI - fi was included. Bottled water was always available, free parking( unlike the Marriott that charged us for all that I just mentioned). The location was perfect as you could walk to everything. The restaurant- Treadwell was OUTSTANDING- the best meal. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and they surprised us with complementary glasses of champagne.
Everything fresh and cooked to perfection. There is not one thing that is wrong with this hotel. We will definitely be back and will by pass Niagara Falls and just stay at the lake. A must for everyone!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 401 and it was wonderful!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
124onQueen, General Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Hi "0118Jean" thank you for your wonderful review! We enjoyed having you and are happy to hear you were able to take advantage of so many amenities. We hope you'll make your anniversary an annual visit to Niagara on the Lake.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel on a couple of occasions. Both times the service was impeccable. The concierge was helpful when recommending attractions and restaurants, and emailed us two weeks in advance to confirm whether or not we would need reservations for dinner or a show. The hotel is situated right on the main street in Niagara on the Lake and is walking distance to all of the Shaw Festival theatres and all of the NOTL restaurants (go to Treadwell - it's the best one in the area). The hotel was spotless and quiet - no problems with noise as the rooms are dispersed over a couple of buildings. Try to book a suite facing Queen street (the main street). Staff and services at the spa were also top notch. Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
124onQueen, General Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Hi "Alex_765123", thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home when you are in town. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay yet again, and you were able to take advantage of the onsite amenities. The concierge team was more than happy to assist you with recommendations and reservations. See you again in the future.

Cheers