“Wonderful Weekend!”

Shaw Club Hotel
Lucan, ontario
“Wonderful Weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The first thing they asked during check in was "would you like a glass of sparkling wine?" The whole experience was very pleasant. The staff bent over backwards to look after us. The rooms were comfortable (with an amazing shower). And the restaurant in the hotel (Zees) was excellent! We felt welcome and looked after from beginning to end. The Shaw Club is amazing!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

From check-in to check-out, the staff was truly warm, friendly, and accommodating. Our room was clean, quiet, and nicely appointed. The beds were incredibly comfortable. We couldn't have asked for a nicer place to spend the night. The location is outstanding, whether you're planning on strolling the picturesque streets of Niagara-on-the-Lake, touring the many local wineries, or taking in a play at the Shaw Festival. For first time visitors to the area the tourist information kiosk in the lobby is a godsend. It's staffed daily by personnel who can help you with every facet of your visit. The onsite restaurant, Zees Grill, is a must do dining experience. Niagara-on-the-Lake is a wonderful place to visit, and the Shaw Club Hotel is the perfect place to call home while you're there.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are exceptional. Check their website for different configurations. You can book onl...
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel has a great location and friendly and helpful staff. Modern rooms with a tv on the mirror in the rest room. My husband enjoyed having that luxury. The wineries are near the hotel. There is no charge for parking your car.

Room Tip: There is no pool. But there is a tv in the rest room. :)
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Shaw Club this past weekend. A short but absolutely wonderful weekend escape from the daily life, kids, etc. We were greeted at check-in with a glass of sparkling wine - the perfect way to make hotel guests feel really welcome! :-) The room (suite) was amazing and we could not have asked for a better place to enjoy our weekend in Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Room Tip: The King Suite was very nice.
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I visted this wonderful hotel and spa in the lovely town of Niagara-on-the-Lake in Ontario Canada. The staff made us feel pampered and welcomed. They were attentive, professional, courteous and warm. The dinner in the hotel restaurant was superb, and my treatment at the spa left me feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.

If you are in the area and looking for a special night out or a romantic get-away or simply a 4-5 star (diamond) hotel experience, the Shaw Club Hotel & Spa is the place for you. Definitely a must stay hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a little more privacy and quiet, staying in the 'annexed' rooms is recommended.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to reflect on your stay with us! We pride ourselves in offering the highest level of concierge service to our guests, and I’m thrilled that you truly felt pampered and welcomed. I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club during your next visit!

Yours in Hospitality,
Lisa McDonald
Guest Services Manager
Leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Right opposite the Shaw Festival Theatre, at the top of the main street of the town, this hotel is in a great location. It is a very smart hotel, with a guest lounge, personalised headed notepaper and a welcome chocolate brownie in your room. The bed was comfortable, with good quality linen. This hotel is more affordable than many in NotL. Our room (203) was small, with a view of the carpark at the back. It had everything we needed, but it had one substantial downside: the wall to the adjacent room had just about no soundproofing, we could hear _everything_ that happened in this next room. The attached restaurant, Zee's, is really very good; breakfast for residents is a reasonable $11. Dinner there was delicious.

1 Thank JulianLeicester
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be looking into the issue you have mentioned as it is not an issue we hear of often. I’m glad the extra attention to detail truly made your stay with us memorable and I look forward to saying hello during your next visit!

Yours in Hospitality,
Lisa McDonald
Guest Services Manager
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Shaw Club a few years ago, and I loved it so much that he bought me a gift card for the hotel for my birthday last year, which we just used.

We love, love, love this hotel! The staff is so efficient, friendly, and attentive. Our room, while small, was stylish, modern, and well-appointed. And the food... Oh, the food! We had lunch at Zee's Grill - I started with the cheese and charcuterie. It came with a variety of crackers and spreads, all of which were delicious and fresh. I had the cobb salad as my main, which was also fabulous. Under the salad was a surprise helping of fresh guacamole, which I loved! The chicken was tender and flavourful, and all the vegetables were crisp and tasty. For dessert I had the dark chocolate mousse with candied bacon, which was amazing.

I highly, highly recommend this hotel. We can't wait to return!