“Can't wait to go again!”
Review of Shaw Club Hotel

Shaw Club Hotel
Tillsonburg, Canada
“Can't wait to go again!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Weather was fabulous. The staff was by far the best I have ever encountered! If Cooper comes up missing it may be that someone has tucked him into their suitcase and took him home with them! I know we sure wanted too!! (Lisa as well) Anyway, aside from our drooling over Cooper, the dining was a great experience and I am awaiting my next visit to have once again the amazing pressed watermelon and strawberry salad. (to die for) Talk about hospitality. The presentation of our food was so impressive. Breakfast...there are no words that can explain how satisfied we were. Poor Joseph, please apologize to him if you ever run into him, sorry Joseph the out of control middle aged ladies got lost on you!!! Oh before I forget the spa was fantastic and the staff all so friendly and attentive! So in other words..can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell the world about our property, we truly appreciate it! I am thrilled we were able to exceed your expectations and I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the staff. We are very lucky to have Chef Jason on our team and I couldn’t agree more, the pressed watermelon and strawberry salad is amazing! I cannot wait to welcome you back to your home away from home!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Shaw Club. The experience was wonderful. The staff were friendly and catered to our every request. The food at Zees was excellent. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there and raved about each meal. This hotel is across the street from the Shaw Festival. We did not use the spa facilities. I would love to return.

Room Tip: We choose a room with a sitting area. It was large and on the ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Firstly I want to thank Heather and the housekeeping team and Cooper at the front desk. Cooper arranged for my husband and to rent bikes and an extra late check out time so we could enjoy a long bike ride and still come back to our room and change. Everyone at the hotel was super friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. We had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant and the food was delicious. We had a great stay and highly recommend the Shaw Club!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! And a special thanks for mentioning our housekeeping team, they truly are the unspoken heroes that allow us to provide excellent service to our guests! Chef Jason has done an amazing job with the new menu, I’m happy to hear you enjoyed every meal! I will pass along our kind comments to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Rockwood, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We spent three nights at the Shaw Club Hotel and can't say enough good things about it! Upon our arrival, we were met by Elisabeth who took us on a personalized tour of our room. The room was a king - big enough for 2 people and quite modern with electric blinds to a small TV in the bathroom mirror. The attention to detail was lovely - a delicious brownie in our room, complimentary sparkling wine when we arrived, winery tasting coupons. The staff was so friendly and helpful (Cooper had great tips for winery touring). Our thanks to them all (Cooper, Elisabeth, Lisa, Charlotte and all the Zee's and behind the scenes staff too) for making our stay so special. The continental breakfast at Zee's was very good (yogurt and fruit parfaits, muffins, and toast), and lots of other good restaurants within walking distance. Right up the street are all the shops - we had fun just walking through town, shopping, and people watching. Close enough to drive to Niagara Falls and see the sights - but far enough away that you weren't in the hub of all the craziness. Will definitely stay at the Shaw Club Hotel again when we go to Niagara-On-The-Lake.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am elated that everyone on staff were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for noticing our efforts to put attention in the special details. I’m so glad the picture I took turned out as well! Hopefully we’ll see you again soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Having traveled to Niagara on the Lake for 35 years, I believed I had to sacrifice convenient locations and superb service for reasonable costs. The Shaw Club Hotel proved me wrong. My dearest friend and I stayed here to celebrate another year of life with cancer.This hotel is located directly across from the world class Shaw Festival Theater. It is bright, modern and has wonderfuly service. The complimentary parking and complimentary breakfast made the rainy day seem sunny. The croissants, local jams and coffee were exceptional and the guests at the next table echoed our sentiments. This hotel has it all and a wonderful restaurant and spa as well. I wish I'd found it sooner for it simplified parking, dining and even had hot tea, wine glasses and a corkscrew in the room! Wonderful, too brief stay!!

Room Tip: Incredible comfortable beds and accessible elevator to parking lot in all areas. The complimentary b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing Shaw Club for your special celebration! Niagara-on-the-Lake truly has a way of soothing the soul. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club on your next visit!

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights. The champagne was poured and ready waiting for us when we arrived at our room with our luggage. The room was beautiful and the shower was awesome. Everyone was so friendly and the breakfast in the restaurant was amazing. I would definately stay there again. Thank you Cooper for the wine tasting coupons and thank you Sharla for all of your help.

toronto

Written by my girlfriend:

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a perfect stay in this boutique hotel. The staff, the food, the ambiance was indeed exactly what we needed. We highly recommend at least visiting the surrounding wineries (especially the Chateau des Charmes). Dinner is a must at Zee's.

We will definitely recommend this place to our friends and we plan to be back here ourselves. Kudos to Sue for providing such great hospitality at affordable prices.

Room Tip: King Size premium room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let the world know how your stay was with us! I couldn’t agree with you more, the food at Zee’s is truly amazing and is an absolute must. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club!