“Great shop for Picnicking”
Review of Cheese Secrets

Cheese Secrets
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheese Secrets is a boutique specialty cheese retailer in downtown Niagara on the Lake. We offer a large selection of mostly Canadian cheeses with several international favourites also available, local charcuterie, Boulart breads, crackers and cheese related products. Spices, olives, pickles, Kozlik's mustard, jams and jellies ready for your picnic. Platters are available, we can prepare them on your best china if you bring that with you. Fresh fruit and other additions are available with advance notice. And now we have Cheese and Crackers to Go-Go, 100 grams of cheese of your choice (Caramelized Onion, Applewood Smoked Cheddar, or Cow's Two Year Old Raw Milk Cheddar) with Raincoast Crisps, Rice Crackers, dried apricots and cranberries, for $9.95! A great grab and go snack.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I stopped in the shop to get some local artisanal cheese to take on a picnic by the river. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. They had so many varieties of local cheeses as well as Ontario and imported cheese. They also had prosciutto and other salamis from a local farmer. Other items you might need for a picnic were also provided in the store: olives, olive oil, crackers, bread, ,drinks, desserts. We got what we needed and a bottle of local wine and headed out for a nice picnic by the river.

There are newer reviews for Cheese Secrets

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I first started going to the cheese shop when I attended a session on olive oils and balsamic vinegars. It was such an enjoyable afternoon. I am a big convert to dipping breads in these liquid gems for the palate!

The other day I went in to get a very nice cheese for a very special occasion. I talked with the Coleen and got her recommendation of a salted BC cheddar... oh it was better than ice cream. Needless to say, I was the star of the party when they tasted the cheese!

What a little treasure to have such a specialty shop in our town, and to get the great service each and every time I go!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had an excellent experience with this wonderful cheese shop, just off the main drag in NOTL. They helped us pick out some great choices of cheese, meat and bread, along with some fruits and nuts. The staff was very knowledgeable, and the selection was quite good, with many harder to find Quebec and maritime province cheeses. Highly recommend if staying at one of the nearby hotels as an alternative "grab-and-go" dinner. The Tiger Blue was the pick of the bunch. We will be back again!!!

1  Thank OPLAW
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stopped in for a tasting during my taste the town tour and the cheese was great! The store was very clean and organized it was a great little specialty shop. If you like cheese you have to try this place.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Love this little place.. great place to stop and pick up some Cheese and other items for a quick snack for a picnic. Love having this place here.. the staff is very helpful and you can even taste the cheese before buying it. I love this place and always stop in when we are here as everything is so fresh and the staff is great. I suggest stopping here to pick up a light snack and enjoy with friends or your honey for a little date.