“Trip down memory lane”

Cuisines: American
Toronto, Canada
“Trip down memory lane”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My dad used to take me to Avondale Dairy whenever we would go visit my grandmother in Niagara Falls. I'd forgotten all about it, until a trip to Niagara Falls two years ago when my dad stopped there with us.
This weekend I was in Niagara-on-the-Lake, and I made a point of stopping there. It's still the way I remember it. Good ice cream, and well worth any detour that may be necessary to get there.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank H M

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Butter Pecan!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I am so glad I saw the reviews for ADF, the Butter Pecan is just the way I remember it tasting when my grandmother use to make it in the backyard. My daughter had the sherbet and was equally happy! Can't wait to return in the summer, Niagara on the Lakes has so much to offer and this should not be missed!

Niagara Falls, Canada
“best ice cream ever”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

In a rather obscure place but worth the hunt..
Long line ups tell you you must be onto something worthwhile and well worth the wait.

Visited March 2013
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“1950's style ice creamery”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a great spot to indulge your sweet tooth with some of the freshest and most delicious ice cream you my have ever had. As a kid we longed for summer partly for the trips to the "dairy bar" in the back of the family stationwagon. It's not near anything because it is a milk processing plant in the outskirts of town. Large scoops and incredible selection of flavors highlight this piece of niagara. Don't miss this place if your in need of great seasonal sundaes, banana splits or old fashioned milk shakes!!

Visited September 2012
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Closed for the season :(”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place has excellent icecream and the portions are huge. The only things that are on the minus side are. You have to go out of the building and around the side to get to the washrooms ( this is not nice if it is raining), they could spruce up the place a little inside and add some more tables and chairs, they could clean the eating area a little more often, it would be great if they would sell say some burgers, fries, and hotdogs maybe, and the sad part is they close over the winter months. I must say again though that their icecream is very good and one day I will build up my courage to try one of their monster banana splits with my wife.

Visited July 2012