“Closed for the season :(”
Review of Avondale Dairy Bar

Avondale Dairy Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place has excellent icecream and the portions are huge. The only things that are on the minus side are. You have to go out of the building and around the side to get to the washrooms ( this is not nice if it is raining), they could spruce up the place a little inside and add some more tables and chairs, they could clean the eating area a little more often, it would be great if they would sell say some burgers, fries, and hotdogs maybe, and the sad part is they close over the winter months. I must say again though that their icecream is very good and one day I will build up my courage to try one of their monster banana splits with my wife.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I first discovered Avondale when lived in St Catharines for five years. It's the kind of place you learn about from locals because it's located on a farm out in the countryside. In spite of that, people in the area know that for ice cream, this is THE place to go. I've never seen anything like it. The farm with the dairy cows are right out back behind the ice cream parlour. In the summer, there are a few nice picnic benches under the trees where you can sit and enjoy the cows or the country view. The inside of the place is nothing special, which is a shame. I knew it before it was painted over a so-so blue. Previously, it had a lot more atmosphere as a fifties type diner. They should have kept that look and feel, although a local fifites radio station is piped in, which provides fun music.

Even though I no longer live in the area, my family and friends are still crazy about this place. We make a point of stopping in for ice cream sundaes anytime we are in the area, even if it's in the middle of winter.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband & I recently moved to the Niagara-on-the-Lake area and started hearing about this amazing ice cream place where the ice-cream is made on the premises. We decided to check it out on Sunday, Sept. 2nd. I had the chocolate & brownie ice cream cone and my husband had the pumpkin pie ice cream cone. They were both delicious and we also purchased a tub of orange-pineapple to take home.

There are picnic tables under trees where you can sit and enjoy your treat surrounded by open fields and vineyards. It seems to be in the middle of nowhere so you really have to look for it - well worth it!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Quaint ice cream shop operated by 3 Asians (Japanese)? They had a nice ice cream selection. They were also selling 'retro' grape sweets from our childhood. Also on sale are hot dogs and japanese/korean instant noodles.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had seen the reviews about Avondale Dairy bar and had written the name of the street. Unfortunately, I did not have a map with me and on my way to Niagara on the Lake from Toronto, I was sure I would miss this treat! As our car approached Stewart Road, my child and I smelled the cows, I looked over and there it was! It was a delicious treat and the cute waitress was patient and helpful.