“Great alternative”
Review of Taste - CLOSED

Taste
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Newly opened this summer
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We've been visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake for the past 15 years. Our impression of the restaurants in town is that they are often over-priced (it is, after all, a tourist town) and have remarkably similar menus. It was a great relief to us, therefore, when Taste opened just as we were leaving last year. They call themselves a gourmet fast food restaurant featuring primarily sandwiches and salads which one can either order as is or "build your own" with an extensive variety of fillings. Their home made soups were also excellent. We found the "build your own" salads (we tend to avoid breads) quite to our taste and in a recent visit ate there nearly every day. We also noted that the clientele appeared to be a good bit healthier looking than many of the folks wandering about town. If you don't want to spend a small fortune on "foody" restaurants, Taste is a very viable alternative.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was a great choice for our family of four. Taste is a casual, slightly modern, upscale sandwich place. Sandwiches made-to-order with an amazing variety of fillings(cranberry salsa was so very good), a couple of soups-of-the-day, and a nice variety of specialty salads, as well as design-your-own-salads, were just right to satisfy four very different palates. Lunch for four, including beverages, was about $50 Canadian. Back home that would be considered expensive, but in N-o-t-L, all restaurants are pricey(an Italian place, a plate of pasta with marinara was $21), and we would definitely go back. The "designer" sodas were fun, too. We didn't order dessert, but the offerings in the case looked delicious. There are two small tables-for-two in front that face the main street, otherwise, most tables inside sat four.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I were very pleased with our takeout order. I had a turkey and cheese wrap and it was excellent. My husband ordered their sirloin steak sandwich and was similarly pleased. Our kids shared a ham sandwich, which looked delicious as well. The iced tea and lemonade were refreshing and service was quick. They are located right near a little park where we sat and ate our meal.

1  Thank xNYmomOf2x
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Such a treat to find a reasonably priced eating establishment @ Niagara on the Lake. Loved the creative menu. "Sir Loinalot" caught my eye and captured my taste buds. Can't remember ever enjoying a sandwich as much as that. I continued to eat there while attending the Shaw Theatre Festival . Most menu items are 10 dollars. Order at the counter, get a flag, pay and wait at your table. Perhaps I ate at times that were less frenetic but I never had to wait more than 10 minutes and service was always friendly. You can't go wrong at "Taste".

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The flos and udder ice cream was great. Two times.