“Fantastic dinner in cozy atmosphere”
Review of Play Urban Cafe

Play Urban Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Play Urban Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Glendale Avenue
Tenerife
“Fantastic dinner in cozy atmosphere”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We were staying the night at the White Oaks Resort and with 2 children we didn't want to venture out of the hotel for a late dinner. The Play Urban Cafe looked like the perfect casual dining spot for us. My youngest had a child's menu pasta with no sauce which was exactly how she likes it and my son had his steak cooked to his favorite medium rare. My husband also had a steak which he said was very good. And, my Mahi-Mahi was so amazing that I didn't want the meal to end. The spicy tortilla chips they served while we waited for our meal were yummy as well.
Our waitress was fantastic and efficient about packing up our daughter's pasta and cookie in the coolest "doggie bag" I'd ever seen.
My son, a real tennis enthusiast, loved the fact that this restaurant overlooked the resort's indoor courts.
We can't wait to go back here for drinks and another meal!

Visited July 2014

Brantford, Canada
“NIce stop for a quick drink”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were waiting for the wedding reception we were attending to commence so we stopped in for a drink. We sat at the bar which was well stocked, good selection of draft beers, wines and liquor. Nice, modern yet not overly loud cafe.

Visited July 2014
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Hotel Restaurant”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We dinned at Play while staying at White Oaks Resort and Spa. We shared fabulous mussels, both had great dinners (the Mahi Mahi on black rice was a wonderful discovery) and shared a great crème brûlée. Prices were reasonable for what we got. Service was lacking a bit but the manager was present and made sure that we were pleased. Great dinner experience.

• Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“No pizza for me, thank you”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Ate here the p.m. after we checked in to the hotel and ordered the margarita: got the pepperoni, which turned out to be MUCH better than the margarita I ordered two nights later. Staff seemed polite but poorly trained. Lots of managers on the floor, so I don't get it.

Foood was forgettable,and you're better off across the street at Benchmark.

• Visited July 2014
Fort Erie, Canada
“Taco Thursday's”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was in Niagara- on -the- Lake last Thursday for Niagara College Convocation Ceremonies and afterwards stopped in at Play@White Oaks for a drink and lunch with colleagues. The atmosphere was chill, as was the Steamwistle. The best part however was the lunch special, Fish Taco's, done spot on. With hunks of Ahi grilled to perfection, and a hint of fresh avocado, it reminded me of being on the North Shore. It is now are go to spot any Thursady of the week.

• Visited June 2014