“Great food in a "no frills" building”

Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery
Reserve with OpenTable
Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Ravine we are blessed with a culinary program that has a lot more to offer then just talented cooks in the kitchen.We are among the few self standing restaurants that bake our own bread, raise our own pigs, grow our own certified organic vegetables while pairing our meals with the guidance and discriminating palate of a wine maker and in house sommelier.We are extremely proud of our service team and confident in the level of hospitality that will be shown to your table whenever you choose to dine with us at Ravine.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

A friend who is a concierge suggested we dine here in what is regarded as one of the best "farm to table" restaurants and we weren't disappointed. The menu listed the source of all the dishes' components and service was good but unobtrusive. We were seated immediately on arrival. She had lamb sirloin, I had beef steak--both were excellent. The bill (one glass of wine a piece) was about $150 Canadian for 2 which I felt was fair for the quality.

There are newer reviews for Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Most welcoming entrance to a restaurant one could hope for. Walking up the steps a young man opened the door to greet us. Inside the restaurant, a young friendly hostess took our reservation details and brought us to seating to await our table and gave us menus to look at. We were really made to feel as if they had been waiting just for our arrival! even though the restaurant was very busy. After just a few minutes we were seated. There was a bit of a delay in taking our drink order but other than that, excellent service from the server. Restaurant was full but not overtly loud. Its 3 walls are glass so you get a nice view of the gardens/vineyard. Rather sparse otherwise so at nightfall there is little ambiance but it's the food that is the star. Our starters were the foie gras and a scallop/bacon dish. Superb. Mains we both had the lamb sirloin - were not asked what doneness we liked so I guess we are required to eat it at the doneness the chef believes if right for the dish. It was medium and delicious, served on a bed of onion jam and smashed potatoes; dessert was strawberry pistacchio cobbler and their special of the day; 3 mini tastings. Super in every way. I had the Ravine merlot and my H, the Ravine Chardonnay. Again perfect. It was over $100 per person but worth it.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Our "B&B mates" we met in NOTL kept talking about Ravine--he wine, the atmosphere, everything organic, the pizza--and we knew we had to visit. Our expectations were met and more!

The wine was delicious and we shared a pizza while listening to great music, talking with friends and watching the day turn to twilight over the vineyards.

Happy memories, hoping for a return visit very soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

This was our 2nd time at the Winery. We had our daughter & boyfriend with us on this occasion. We all enjoyed the wine tasting room and then sat outdoors and enjoyed the talented musician sing in the backyard of the winery (amazing - can't recall the fellas name thou). We were called inside for our reservation and enjoyed first and second courses along with wine. This was foolwed up with cheese plate to die for and a couple of shared desserts. The music could be heard inside (although it was slightly distorted from speakers inside). All 4 of us commented on what a wonderful evening that we shared with great food, terrific wine and attentive service to our needs. Thanks Ravine for providing a special experience, expecially for our daughter's boyfriend who had travelled from Toulouse, FRANCE to be there with us all. Grade A +

Reviewed August 14, 2014

As a group of 7 women celebrating a friends birthday we were excited to go to Ravine. I have eaten at here previously and was never disappointed in the past. I must comment that this is the first time I have experience a 'poor' dish. I would normally rate Ravine as 'Very good to Excellent'. Each of the other meals that evening were excellent. I LOVE lamb and tend to select it when it is on the menu. I was very disappointed. It was very 'gamey' and tough. I asked for a serrated knife and the staff member (not our waiter) did not know what I was asking for. Nevertheless, I did not enjoy!
The atmosphere was excellent and on a warm night the live music is a treat.