“Truly Farm to Table and Artisanal”

Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery
Reserve with OpenTable
Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Ravine we are blessed with a culinary program that has a lot more to offer then just talented cooks in the kitchen.We are among the few self standing restaurants that bake our own bread, raise our own pigs, grow our own certified organic vegetables while pairing our meals with the guidance and discriminating palate of a wine maker and in house sommelier.We are extremely proud of our service team and confident in the level of hospitality that will be shown to your table whenever you choose to dine with us at Ravine.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was our first trip back to Ravine since the year they opened and we were quite impressed. As we'd dropped in unannounced we were fortunate to only have to wait 20 minutes for a table. What to do but sample wine. I understand that the sampling room we were in had only been open for a few weeks and it's been set up very nice - Laura Secord's uncle had installed one of the fireplaces in the house (pretty cool for a history geek), and bricks from other locations have been used for the wood burning oven - very nice indeed. A broad range of wines are VQA quality, prices are very reasonable and a few bottles followed us back home. The restaurant is in a word excellent, from the ambiance to the excellent and friendly service and the food was a hit. The asparagus in my daughter's salad came from the garden outside and my charcuterie platter was outstanding - it is made on site (the pig used to live across the road) and was served with house pickled beets and shaved fennel - the young man who brought the platter was also well versed in the arts of Charcuterie and Salumi. For the main, my wife and daughter both had burgers with house made bacon which were to big for them to finish, but they very much enjoyed. I had the pizza special as I wanted to see what that brick wood fired oven could do - very nicely done. Would be go back? In a heartbeat - a lovely spot to relax, sample for fine wine and have a truly lovely "nosh".

2  Thank JD S

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Ravine a couple of times and always had an exceptional meal. The outdoor bar area was awesome for a pizza with a splendid view of the vineyards. I brought business associates there for the first time who were equally impressed. Our server Barb was helpful and paired our meal with the appropriate wine.
The food is great if you enjoy the unique and the wine is fab at a good price point.

Will return.

1  Thank 9,620
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Beautiful setting and elegant menu makes this place worth a visit or two. Our patriarch at the table took the risk of ordering lamb - and after a very long wait to serve all 8, his meat was disappointedly lukewarm. The lamb dish indeed looked below par as well. However the trout was wonderful, warm and well served, so no doubt the lamb sat on tihe counter while the rest was being prepared. Service was kind and attentive but food took a long time to arrive. Prices are on the high side... $9 for the soup of the day... $10 for all desserts. Mains were about par for that caliber of eatery and location. Overall I would recommend but stay away from the lamb, skip the charcuterie sharing plate as appetizer, and skip dessert too, but you can splurge on the soup which was delicious. Also, watch your wine and booze bill, which can really inflate your bill.

2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Ravine is a few miles out of Niagara-on-the-Lake but it's well worth a drive or cycle. The dining room and patio areas look out over the vines, so you get to see where your wine came from. The wines themselves are excellent; I recommend picking up a tasting coupon and trying a few in the Tasting room before hitting the restaurant.

We chose red pepper tart and asparagus penne for lunch. Our server brought bread and water first and the food arrived promptly. Presentation was beautiful and it tasted every bit as good as it looked. Service was discrete but attentive, and given the location and quality of the food, I thought our meal was good value. I've been fortunate enough to dine in many fine restaurants in Europe and North America and this was one of the best meals I've ever experienced.

1  Thank MIfamilyguy
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This was my first visit to Ravine Winery and Restaurant. My daughter had been here before and couldn't say enough about it, Our family went for lunch as part of a birthday weekend celebration for our younger daughter.We sat out on the patio and it was a perfect glorious day. Our servers were perfect- attentive but not hovering.
Everyone loved their food which were the burgers for the 4 others in our party and the Cream of Asparagus soup and chive muffin for me . The burger lovers said they were the best they have ever had and could barely get their mouths around the burger!
I also had the seasonal desserts which were 3 perfect sized seasonal cherry desserts that were sooo delicious.Of course the wonderful Ravine wines made the meal complete.