“Great Taste of Local Niagara Wineries”

Niagara Grape & Wine Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$55.73*
and up
Afternoon Delight Wine and Cheese Tour
Ranked #15 of 32 Tours in Niagara-on-the-Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: In Niagara Wine Country, our Grape and Wine Tour Team are known as the Special Event Planners to count on for the incredible expertise in wine touring planning, day trips & specialty events. For groups of two or more guests to larger corporate/social group tours as large as 300 guests all in one day! Our special event planning experience is what is really appreciated and valued by our guests and corporate clients and what makes us stand out. With over 20 years' experience in coordinating exceptional personal and group tours, some would say we are special event planners extraordinaire. We love what we do! It's all about you! "Wine Down With Us"
Port Perry, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Taste of Local Niagara Wineries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

What a great way to enjoy to learn, taste and shop! The Grapes and Wine Tour first stop was at the Niagara College Teaching Winery, where an enthusiastic, knowledgable, fun student showed us "vine to wine", hands on in the vineyard. This was a great start to an exceptional tour, we were picked up at our hotel on time, visited three more small, family owned estate wineries. We learned alot about the local Niagara wine industry, each vinter passionately presented their own wine while we had the time to sit back and sip and savour and then shop. Even when the tour ran overtime, we didnt feel rushed, the guide and driver just made sure we were enjoying the tour.
Let Grapes and Wine do the driving while you enjoy the tasting!

Visited June 2012

Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“We all loved the Grape & Wine Tour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

This was our first Niagara winery tour. We chose the Sunday brunch tour. We had 12 in our group, ages from 19 to 56. We loved every winery (four total) we went to, especially Caroline Cellars. We also loved the brunch! Great food and service. Our tour guy was very informative. He shared quite a bit of history of wine making and the area. A bit of advice for the tour people..offering water bottles on the shuttle/bus would have been appreciated! Overall, we would recommend this tour to anyone who enjoys wine and is looking for a informative(only the first stop goes through the wine making process) and fun experience!

Visited September 2011
2 Thank JulieOhio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great tour, knowledgeable guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

My two girlfriends and I went on a tour for the day. We took the via train, tour and lunch deal from the Toronto area. Our guide was excellent and knowledgeable. He took us to 5 wineries which were all amazing and not the regular corporate wineries but hidden gems. My only complaint is that the train was late due to customs as this is the train that starts off in New York and travels to Toronto. Niagara is the first stop over the boarder. If you want to come down for the day do not take via and try Go Transit instead.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank SMAUSTIN1
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful way to see Wine Country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I've never written a review before, but had such a wonderful time on the Grapes and Wine tour this past weekend that I simply had to make sure more people knew about this great tour company. The tour driver and tour guide were both great guys, and extremely knowledgeable about wine and the Niagara wine region in particular.

Our tour started at the Niagara College winery, which was an excellent starting point. Here we toured the vines, learned about growing the grapes, making the wine and enjoyed a few tastings. After the Niagara College tour we had a delicious lunch, followed by tastings at 3 more wineries. We were brought to a medium sized winery, and then two small, somewhat 'cozy' feeling wineries. We absolutely loved the wineries and, of course, the wine!

I would definitely recommend the Grapes and Wine tour company to any friends and family.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Ashley0219
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A very personalized and fantastic wine tour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Ever have one of those days that you truly enjoy? Yesterday was one of those days that I thoroughly enjoyed. Wondering what I got up to? A Wine Tour in the Niagara region of Ontario.

I organized a great day out for my sister and I. I’ve done wine tours in other parts of Canada and the world, but never really in my own part of the world. We have one of the best wine regions in the world right here in Ontario and I really got to experience it.

Much of this great day is thanks to finding a great tour company and package. For us, the most important part was that no one had to drive and that both of us could enjoy all the day had to offer. After some Googling and emailing, I decided on the “VIA Rail Express Fiesta Lunch Tour” put together by the great husband and wife team at GRAPE AND WINE NIAGARA TOURS INC. As there slogan goes: Sip, swirl and savour! Let us do the driving! And that’s what we did.

Let me break it all down for you. For a very reasonable package price, we took the VIA train from Toronto to Niagara (less than 2 hours) and were met right as we got off the train by our awesome tour guide, Dennis. He was so nice, helpful and entertaining, with a main goal of keeping us happy. Perfect. Being a Tuesday, which is great day for a wine tour as it’s not too busy anywhere, our tour was just for my sister and I and a young couple just learning about wine. With such a small group and a well connected tour company we were able to hit the wineries that weren’t busy or over run with big tour buses. Plus we got priority service when we’d walk in the door.

We started at Niagara College Teaching Winery with a tour of wine making process and a wonderful educational wine tasting. We were taught how to taste wine correctly and what to look for. It’s amazing how a wine can change by a simple swirl between sips. From a Chardonnay to a Merlot to an Ice Wine, it was all fantastic. With Niagara being known for Ice Wine, it was a constant at all the wineries we visited. But I’m not complaining, I truly enjoy ice wine. And now I can appreciate them even more.

What I really appreciated about all the wineries we went to and what we learned was that you need to try lots of different wines to figure out what you truly enjoy and to drink wine the way to you like to. If you want to put red in the fridge then do it. If you need to put an ice cube in a white, then do it. However you enjoy the wine is what works best for you. Sure there are suggestions, but they are just that.

After the teaching winery, we went to Benchmark for lunch. It’s the restaurant within Niagara College. And we had a fantastic lunch. I loved every bite of my hothouse heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella and basil, pork with a fruit chutney and cranberry pecan tart. Mmmm.

With a full tummy it was time for some more wine tasting. First we headed to the Diamond Estates Group who make Lakeview Cellars, Dan Aykroyd, 20 Bees and Fresh to name a few. Most of the wines that we tried here were not for me. We did find out that, unlike many other celebrities with their names on wines, Dan Aykroyd sits on his wine board and tries all of his wines before he will allow his name on them.

Then we were off to Caroline Cellars Winery and Reif Estate Winery. Caroline’s being a boutique that isn’t in the LCBO and Reif’s which is one of the oldest in Niagara and has products in the LCBO. With a few minutes to spare our awesome tour guide was able to slip in another great boutique winery. One of his personal favourites, Between the Lines. So glad that we went there. Had some great wines that have been made by young team of two brothers on land that their parents had. Bought a great bottle there that we will enjoy in 6 months when it’s truly ready to drink, the Lemberger.

After all those tastings, a wonderful lunch, a little rain, a great wine education, it was sadly time to go home. But at least it was in the luxury of the train. With a few purchases in hand we ended our great day of tasting and headed home.

It was such a great way to enjoy a rare day off and to try Ontario wines that I’ve never tried or thought of. Now I will actually go into the VQA/Ontario section at the LCBO and check some of our great wines out. You should too. And remember the more you try the better you will know what you like and dislike. So get out there and drink wine, responsibly.

Visited August 2011