“Great tour, great wines!”
Review of Trius Winery

Trius Winery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Trius Winery is a Niagara winemaking pioneer. For more than 30 years, we have been crafting fine VQA wines from premium grapes grown in the four appellations of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Nestled between the Niagara escarpment and Lake Ontario, we have made our home in a wine growing region that provides the diversity to grow a number of varietals in unique growing conditions. Our winery provides both a wine and culinary journey like no other. A visit to Trius Winery is an unrushed sensory experience, a time out that lets you taste, feel and discover. Our wines and menus are inspired by the seasonal evolution of the vines that surround us, and the local produce that grows beside them. Our wines, our dining, and our daily events for the wine lover and Wine Club members make Trius Winery the perfect destination for your wine country visit.
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We took the public tour for $10 including three tastings. It was informative, well paced and it runs frequently.

Wines were outstanding, but a little expensive for our taste. $5 from the tour fee was applied as a rebate against our purchase of late harvest Vidal, a sweet dessert wine. The staff were friendly and helpful. The shop has the best variety of gift and wine accessories in the area.

I have bought Trius Brut numerous times and believe it's the best sparkling wine in the area. The facility and courtyard are beautiful.

I highly recommend this winery if you are a first time visitor to the wineries, as it provides a great overview to the industry.

1  Thank dcopelan
"cab franc"
"wine making process"
"niagara area"

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I, along with a group of 4 other friends, attended the July 4 screening of Bottleshock at the Trius movie under the stars event. I have to say this was excellent value for money, especially when considering the cost of attending Cineplex - our ticket included a beautiful venue to relax in before the movie started, comfortable chairs, a glass of wine (several varieties available, including a brut!) in a souvenir GoVino glass, and a bag of butter-salt popcorn. Additional wine was available for only $5 and fancy snacks such as icewine popcorn and chocolate pretzels were only $4! Upon arrival, attentive parking staff directed us to the event lot and then we strolled along the vines to the event entrance which was decorated with a red carpet, candles, and tablecloths over the registration area. The aesthetics and the staff service far exceeded my expectations. I only wish I had gone earlier to enjoy for sunset time in the vineyard!

A word or two to the wise: the website mentioned that bringing in blankets was not allowed but I saw several folks with them - my husband and I shared the warmth of a big sweater I brought stretched over our knees. Also, folks that arrive early leave seats between parties - but at the sold out event that meant that our party was unable to sit together - most people ended up sitting alone as the staff wouldn't ask other parties to move over to ensure that all guests had a place to sit - this would have been common courtesy from the other guests and something I would have expected the staff to do something about since everyone attending should have the same right to a seat! This was my only disappointment of the evening.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We were so glad that we were in town for one of the Friday night movies at Trius. For $15, you get the movie, a glass of wine and a bag of popcorn. It was a perfect summer night! The only way they could improve this experience would be to pick better movies. We didn't quite get how Thor was the selection!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our Wine server at our Flight Tasting ( we received free coupons for 3 wine tastings each when booking Shaw Theatre tickets) was very knowledgeable and informative. When selecting which wines to purchase we each received an extra tasting of the wines we were interested in purchasing. A fun Sunday afternoon!