“Thank You Danny Boy!!!”

and up
Niagara Falls and Winery Helicopter Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Trius Winery is a Niagara winemaking pioneer. For more than 30 years, we have been crafting fine VQA wines from premium grapes grown in the four appellations of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Nestled between the Niagara escarpment and Lake Ontario, we have made our home in a wine growing region that provides the diversity to grow a number of varietals in unique growing conditions. Our winery provides both a wine and culinary journey like no other. A visit to Trius Winery is an unrushed sensory experience, a time out that lets you taste, feel and discover. Our wines and menus are inspired by the seasonal evolution of the vines that surround us, and the local produce that grows beside them. Our wines, our dining, and our daily events for the wine lover and Wine Club members make Trius Winery the perfect destination for your wine country visit.
Medford, New Jersey
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Thank You Danny Boy!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went on the Tasting Tour here (they also were offering a separate tour for a few dollars more where you pair the wine with a snack food - we didn't do that one), which consisted of a tasting of 3 wines, and the tour of the facilities along with explanations of the winemaking process, and how to properly taste wine and define it's properties.

Our tour guide, Dan (Danny Boy), was outstanding!! You can tell he truly loves what he does, and loves sharing the knowledge that he has. I thought I knew how to taste wine... he showed me I really didn't know anything. NOW I feel like I truly can go wine tasting and look like a pro AND get the most out of the tasting experience! If you are on the fence about going on a tour, or looking for which winery to take the tour at, THIS IS YOUR PLACE! And definitely try to get Dan!!

TIP: Don't try to take video during your tour. You WILL get in trouble.

1 Thank SanDiego

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Orleans
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great staff lead us to the Loft”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Downstairs in the main tasting room we tried their 2011 vintages of the Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon. They were alright, what I would consider table wines for during the week. Nothing really struck my fancy. Pleasant but nothing to bring out for guests on the weekend. While talking with the server, I mentioned I preferred a more robust wine, something with character along the lines of a Napa cab. She said no problem and asked if we wanted to go upstairs to the Loft to try some of their library and limited edition wines. She thought that they might be more along my tastes. Sure! She escorted us upstairs and handed us over to Kim. She asked a few questions and then recommended some wines to try. We tasted some great wines. The two I liked best (and bought) were the 2010 East Block Cabernet Sauvignon and the 2010 Red Shale Cabernet Franc. I had notes that the Merlot and the Bordeaux blends were good, but the ones I bought were the best. This was definitely a case of where a well trained hospitality staff lead to a sale for the winery.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Tasting in the Loft was awesome”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

If you are not a beginner and are really interested in tasting the better wines, ask to go to the Loft. We tasted some fabulous wines including some older vintages and were served by a lovely woman who really knew her stuff!

1 Thank Kathy S
Hamilton, Canada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Beautiful Winery”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A beautiful place to visit. The grounds are well maintained and the patio worth a visit. Our tasting consisted of three different wines and three different staff (a busy day I suppose). We did not purchase any wines at this particular winery but did at others.

West Haven, Connecticut
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful Winery!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

There were 15 of us and the staff was wonderful. The man who hosted our wine tasting was very accommodating and let us try a few extra samples. THe wines were delicious and he was willing to answer questions about different wines.