“Beautiful Winery, Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trius Winery

and up
Niagara Falls and Winery Helicopter Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Trius Winery is a Niagara winemaking pioneer. For more than 30 years, we have been crafting fine VQA wines from premium grapes grown in the four appellations of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Nestled between the Niagara escarpment and Lake Ontario, we have made our home in a wine growing region that provides the diversity to grow a number of varietals in unique growing conditions. Our winery provides both a wine and culinary journey like no other. A visit to Trius Winery is an unrushed sensory experience, a time out that lets you taste, feel and discover. Our wines and menus are inspired by the seasonal evolution of the vines that surround us, and the local produce that grows beside them. Our wines, our dining, and our daily events for the wine lover and Wine Club members make Trius Winery the perfect destination for your wine country visit.
Eganville, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful Winery, Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went with a group of 10 people and had an excellent tour of the property and got to taste some fabulous wine. Highly recommend it!

Visited May 2013
Ciara M, Public Relations Manager at Trius Winery, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I am happy you think so highly of our property. It is a great place for a group. If you come see us again stop in the restaurant for a delicious meal.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Knoxville, TN
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Last of our four winery tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had bartender Amanda. We had just left Jackson Triggs where we did not have a good experience and explained to Amanda that I really only wanted to try white and icewines. She said "if you want to try just the icewines, then honey we'll pull out all the icewines and find the one you like". She was certainly a breath of fresh air. (I did not try just icewines by the way, but it was nice to hear a little customer service again). My husband really wanted to purchase a bottle of icewine for me and I continued to vote against it. I felt the cost was a more than i wanted to spend on something I would just consume and it would be gone forever. We were celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and really wanted to purchase something we could keep. Amanda chimed in that we could "keep it". She walked from behind the bar and took me all the way over to the store and handed me a pack of "cork candles". For $5, I could make the bottle a candle and keep it forever. This was our "wood" anniversary and it was a "cork" candle. How clever!! Needless to say, we own a wonderful bottle of wine and some great little candles. Way to go Amanda!!

Visited June 2013
Thats great! The cork candles are an excellent way to save your special bottle- especially in your situation. I will pass your kind words on to Amanda, and hope to see you two again soon!
Beith
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We received complmentary wine tasting vouchers with our hotel booking for this winery. On our arrival we were met by a very friendly and knowledgable lady who explained about the wines. We were given the choice of three tastings from a wide selection of wines. All of which were excellent. We have been to other wine tastings all of which limited you to a pre determined selection. The surroundings to the winery were stunning. Would definately recommend a visit.

1 Thank michaelkennedy596
I am happy you had a wonderful experience at the winery! We give a selection for this exact reason- to please our guests. Come back and visit us soon, maybe for lunch or dinner too!
Toronto
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Harvest Table Lunch Event”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

On a very windy day, starting the event outside was challenging. As guests we waited several minutes to be given our wine, but once we got up and running the wait staff were far more attentive. The wind meant we went back inside for the lunch proper, which was the right choice. Enjoyed the company of two other couples who were talkative and good company. The food itself was interesting if not overwhelmingly good, more of a tasters menu with a lot of small things going on, rather then a well constructed plate. The wine choices were good, and all in all it was good value for the $65 per head.

Visited June 2013
The weather is always a complicated aspect of an outdoor event. However- I am glad it did not hamper your experience! The Harvest Table Lunches are always a real treat. Check out our website for more dining events, we have lots happening this summer and fall!
Toronto, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“One of the more beautiful winery venues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I normally like visiting smaller wineries, in order to taste wines that aren't usually available at the LCBO or Winerack, but I wanted the chance to also check out a winery of more well known brands, such as Trius.

This winery is so much larger and impressive compared to the wineries I'm used to. The grounds are stunning, and I was blown away by the selection of wines available, many that are not available in the stores. It normally costs $7 to taste 3 wines, but if you buy a bottle, they take that cost off, which is awesome. The staff was super friendly, helpful and willing to go out of their way to introduce me to items, even in the middle of handling stock. The main staff member even recommended my mother try a mid range wine that still tastes good before she goes and spends a ton of money on a more expensive and different wine (which she wanted to do since she felt that she should splurge while visiting a winery). I also love that unlike most wineries, it closes at 9pm.

I didn't get much time there this time, but I would love to visit again very soon, and perhaps take a full tour, or have lunch there.

Visited May 2013
You definitely have to come in for another visit, the restaurant is always a favourite- especially in the summer! I am happy you have such great things to say about Trius. We would love to see you again soon!