“Harvest Table Lunch Event”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Trius Winery

and up
Niagara Falls and Winery Helicopter Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Trius Winery is a Niagara winemaking pioneer. For more than 30 years, we have been crafting fine VQA wines from premium grapes grown in the four appellations of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Nestled between the Niagara escarpment and Lake Ontario, we have made our home in a wine growing region that provides the diversity to grow a number of varietals in unique growing conditions. Our winery provides both a wine and culinary journey like no other. A visit to Trius Winery is an unrushed sensory experience, a time out that lets you taste, feel and discover. Our wines and menus are inspired by the seasonal evolution of the vines that surround us, and the local produce that grows beside them. Our wines, our dining, and our daily events for the wine lover and Wine Club members make Trius Winery the perfect destination for your wine country visit.
Toronto
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Harvest Table Lunch Event”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

On a very windy day, starting the event outside was challenging. As guests we waited several minutes to be given our wine, but once we got up and running the wait staff were far more attentive. The wind meant we went back inside for the lunch proper, which was the right choice. Enjoyed the company of two other couples who were talkative and good company. The food itself was interesting if not overwhelmingly good, more of a tasters menu with a lot of small things going on, rather then a well constructed plate. The wine choices were good, and all in all it was good value for the $65 per head.

Visited June 2013
Ciara M, Public Relations Manager at Trius Winery, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
The weather is always a complicated aspect of an outdoor event. However- I am glad it did not hamper your experience! The Harvest Table Lunches are always a real treat. Check out our website for more dining events, we have lots happening this summer and fall!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“One of the more beautiful winery venues”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I normally like visiting smaller wineries, in order to taste wines that aren't usually available at the LCBO or Winerack, but I wanted the chance to also check out a winery of more well known brands, such as Trius.

This winery is so much larger and impressive compared to the wineries I'm used to. The grounds are stunning, and I was blown away by the selection of wines available, many that are not available in the stores. It normally costs $7 to taste 3 wines, but if you buy a bottle, they take that cost off, which is awesome. The staff was super friendly, helpful and willing to go out of their way to introduce me to items, even in the middle of handling stock. The main staff member even recommended my mother try a mid range wine that still tastes good before she goes and spends a ton of money on a more expensive and different wine (which she wanted to do since she felt that she should splurge while visiting a winery). I also love that unlike most wineries, it closes at 9pm.

I didn't get much time there this time, but I would love to visit again very soon, and perhaps take a full tour, or have lunch there.

Visited May 2013
You definitely have to come in for another visit, the restaurant is always a favourite- especially in the summer! I am happy you have such great things to say about Trius. We would love to see you again soon!
Toronto
236 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 402 helpful votes
“Supportive of Ontario wineries, and there's room for improvement.”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We really, really want to support Ontario wines and vineyards. We have spent a lot of time in California wine country, while in Cali on business. I think that Trius has picked up some tips from these wineries as far as set up is concerned, and I would LOVE to see them take it to the next level and become a major tourist destination.
The tour of this winery was led by a lovely woman, and it was basically informative. Where I felt the tour kind of fell down was in the tasting room. First, they HAVE TO add some bread sticks, or something, to clear the palate between wines. Second, the tasting time was too short to really do it right.
On the HUGE plus side was lunch at their restaurant, served by Keith. Best server ever. The food was flawless, as was the presentation, and we really enjoyed this part of our visit. Trius has enormous potential, but just needs a wee bit of polish :)

Visited May 2013
Thank you for your feedback. The restaurant seems to have treated you well! I will pass on your kind words to Keith. As for the tour time- staff try to give guests the most for their value. Hope to see you again soon!
Walton Hills, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful in Springtime”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We just got back from a trip up to Niagara-on-the-lake with friends. We went to many wineries and enjoyed the beautiful spring weather. Tulips and daffodiles were in full bloom and the weather was warm! Truis was just wonderful.

Visited May 2013
Hi there- I am so glad you enjoyed your experience! Niagara on the Lake is so beautiful in the Spring. Hope to see you again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beautiful Scenery but average experience”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Wine tasting was a little more expensive than other wineries we visited this day. 3 samples for $7 but they deduct that amount if you make a purchase,
Somewhat colder reception and rushed tasting. Not as friendly as other stops we made. This place is right off the main road and therefore seemed more commercialized.
The personal touch of the smaller wineries made me more apt to spend my money there. Which is what we ended up doing.

Visited April 2013