“great after theater place”
Review of Churchill Lounge

Churchill Lounge
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Churchill Lounge: Where Luxury meets comfort and quality. Step into the past with this Classic Lounge Atmosphere offering a Premium, Seasonally Inspired Menu. We have done the research to provide you with the best in Classic Cocktails, Fine Wine, Local & Import Craft Beer and a selection of Tasty Non-Alcoholic beverages. Home of the Famous "$5 Churchill Burger"
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We arrived after the performance at Shaw Festival. Were warmly welcomed even though it was getting busy. Drinks arrived quickly and Travis offered us dessert.! Wow everything was very good. Travis made the end of a great evening even better. He was so friendly and welcoming. We will be back when we visit again in Aug with friends.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went twice. Once for an after dinner drink and to watch the men's Wimbledon finals. We were so well treated, we changed our dinner reservations to eat in the Drawing Room the next night and had a cocktail before dinner at Churchill's the next night.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Churchill Lounge was a nice and relaxing place to eat dinner. We ate here Sunday (6/15) around 7:30. They have comfortable seating, and we chose 2 comfy armchairs. Travis was our waiter, and he was attentive and very helpful!

My husband had the fish and chips, recommended by another guest who was leaving. He really liked it. I tasted it and it was delicious! I appreciate freshly cut potatoes made into french fries. I had the chorizo and olive pizza, which was also very good. I could only finish half of it. The crust was crispy, and the flavors of the black olive spread, chorizo slices, and roasted red peppers blended together nicely.

My husband had a grapefruit flavored beer, and I had a hawaiian punch drink. I liked their drink menu because I can never remember the names of the drinks, and they had them on their drink menu in alphabetical order, with prices!!

Our food and drinks came out promptly. We couldn't have wished for better service! Thanks!!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

As a dish, fish and chips began life as a proletarian dish and was meant to be eaten with your fingers. Considering all that, the Churchill Lounge fish and chips are perfect. The batter is crisp and dry and, not being greasy, keeps the fish in its place -- between your fingertips and then between your lips. Also, the fish component is not overwhelmed by an excessive amount of chips and serve their role as a side, just as they should. The best F&C in many,many months! Just ask for Travis the Actor/Waiter

myuhasz, Manager at Churchill Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Hello Colin H,

Thank you for the wonderful review. Our culinary team is always excited to read great reviews on their dishes! I am happy our server/actor Travis made your night. Colin, we hope to see you again her at The Churchill Lounge at the historic prince of Wales Hotel.

Next time your in, I hope you try our 150th year Anniversary Beer created by local brewing company Silversmith exclusively for the hotel.

All the best,
Mark Yuhasz
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Vintage Hotels

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We live 3 hours away from Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake. We had the most enjoyable day exploring the area and wanted to end the day with a nice dinner on June 12, 2014.. Our daughter was leaving the next day and we wanted a special meal. We walked past the Prince of Wales Hotel and thought we would go into the Churhill Lounge for dinner that is with the hotel. We were greeted nicely and the server came quickly, but things went downhill from there. We ordered a cheese plate with our drink order and we waited for 30 minutes before it came. My husband asked the server for it again. (we also placed our meal order at this time). When the appetizer finally arrived it was only a small amount of cheese, we don't think it was the amount stated on the menu for $12.99. The crackers were stale that were served with it as well. We ate that up because we were hungry and we were anticipating dinner. Again, we waited and waited and waited. Another couple came in 30 minutes after us and they were served their drinks and had their meals before us! We found out after that the waitress did not put my order through, however, my husband and daughter's meals were made. Unknown to us, they were sitting under heat for 30 minutes! Needless to say, they were ruined. The fish sauce had a hard film over it from the heat and the paper under the fish ripped apart when my husband cut the fish and it was soaked with oil. My daughter's sandwich was hard and the fries gross. Then there was my hamburger....it arrived with a rotten piece of lettuce sitting on top of the bun. It was ready for the compost pile! Along with a tiny slice of tomato with the hard core in the middle which was unedible. I can't believe a cook would send that out to a customer. The burger was a bit pink for my liking too. A very expensive and disappointing end to a lovely day. Plus a late evening by the time we drove home due to the long delay in getting our food.

1  Thank cuttinggrass