“Lots of fun on fabulous burger nights!”
Review of Churchill Lounge

Churchill Lounge
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Churchill Lounge: Where Luxury meets comfort and quality. Step into the past with this Classic Lounge Atmosphere offering a Premium, Seasonally Inspired Menu. We have done the research to provide you with the best in Classic Cocktails, Fine Wine, Local & Import Craft Beer and a selection of Tasty Non-Alcoholic beverages. Home of the Famous "$5 Churchill Burger"
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I love the cozy atmosphere and the books—love books in a restaurant. Usually brings me back to eat here. We eat here at least once a week, especially on $5 burger or tapas nights. However, it is harder and harder to call it nights because everyone is showing up earlier and earlier these days—even when the weather is rotten outside. The burgers are fabulous, and people seem to love eating them. I love the tapas, as well, because sometimes it's just nice to have a snack and a glass of wine for dinner. We eat off the regular menu, too, during other times. The only problem is that everyone wants to sit by the fire, and it is really hard to score those seats. We're on our way there tonight—maybe we'll get lucky.

2  Thank Bobbie K
There are newer reviews for Churchill Lounge

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Friday, Jan. 10 my husband & I thought we would drop by one of our favourite lounges for their January special Tapas at $5.00 each. We ended up choosing items from the regular menu - going with our food cravings of the evening. My husband loves their Angus beef burger & fries which is $14 on regular days (special on Wednesdays for only $5.00). I decided to have the Silversmith Beer battered haddock and chips at $16.00. Silversmith is a new local micro-brewery located in Virgil, Niagara-on-the-Lake. The fish was excellent - not greasy.

For drinks I had the 9oz glass of Pinot Grigio at $14.95. The server brought it out in one of those glasses without a stem. I really don't like these glasses. Your hand can warm up the wine and to me it doesn't taste the same. When I asked our server about the glass ... he advised me that I could have my wine in a glass with a stem and we changed it. So something to remember when you go to restaurants these days ... ask for a wine glass with a stem if that's what you prefer. My husband enjoyed his 2 pints of Moosehead Light beer at $6.50 per glass.

It was a damp rainy day so we sat at one of the tables in front of their cozy fireplace. There was another couple sitting at the other table beside us and we started a conversation. We found out they were from the U.S. and we're back for another visit after just 2 weeks. Apparently Vintage Hotels (Prince of Wales, Queens Landing & Pillar & Post) were offering incredible deals of $100 per room (for any room including the Presidential suite) for the month of January for their repeat valued clients. No wonder there were so many people checking in ....

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a cozy and comfortable place, especially in winter. We sat by the fire and enjoyed both lunch and dinner during at 3 day stay at Prince of Wales. There is enough variety on the menu to warrant eating there more than once. The food was delicious and well-presented. The $5 tapas offerings are big enough for a lunch themselves.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was a very classy place to have an after theatre drink. Gorgeous wood paneling, attentive service and quiet atmosphere. We enjoyed ourselves here!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

very nice setting with a big fireplace and traditional wood panel walls. Nice selection of beers, wines and other drinks. I you want to sit back and enjoy some time with friends or loved ones, it is a nice place Didn't have the food but it looked good from what we saw