“Great way to see the vineyards”
Review of Zoom Leisure Bikes

Zoom Leisure Bikes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bike Rentals and Wine Tours in Beautiful Niagara on the Lake. See Niagara from the seat of a bike! High quality Trek and Electra Bikes, we size all our riders. Locks, helmets & maps included in all rentals. Or try one of our popular guided or self guided Winery tours. We have brewery tours too!
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The bikes were comfortable and in good condition. I thought the price was high, but then... that's tourist things in Canada. They fitted us well for the bikes and helmets. I liked that the bikes were equipped with a nice zippered bag on the front and a lock and chain. The bike path is the way to go. some of the back road were narrow with fast traffic. Ask for a map.

All reviews
"wine tour"
in 15 reviews
"wine country"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"b b"
in 9 reviews
in 18 reviews
in 9 reviews

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I opted for the winery/pub tour. Daniel was our guide and was very knowledgeable about the history in the area which we enjoyed. We used the cruiser bikes which were very comfortable. Daniel also had a lot of knowledge and interest in wines and showed us some great winery's. This was a fun experience and we recommend it!

1  Thank Mookie1208
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Some friends originally recommended us to Zoom a few years ago and last year we had our first rental. My wife and I decided to come out for the weekend, but wanted to do something different. Since it was a beautiful day, a bike rental was the first choice. I'm about 6"6' so I thought the bike choices would be limiting, boy was I wrong. There were many different styles to choose and after a few minutes of talking to the staff, they provided me with a bike and made sure that it was properly adjusted. They provided the same level of service with my wife.

I asked them for some suggestions as to where to go for the day and they provided some wonderful options and even mapped them out for us. Even though it was busy when we arrived, the service that they provided from the time we go there until we left was excellent.

We returned for a second rental this year, but instead of just renting the bikes, we decided on a guided wine tour. Again the staff was wonderful in getting us set-up with the bikes. Our guide was Daniel and provided us a wonderful full day tour of the area with of course many stops to various wineries.

Our tour also included a picnic lunch (we originally thought about the pub option, but the area is too nice to spend too much time inside!) which took place along the Niagara Parkway at a very charming roadside fruit/snack stand (well a small retail location, but had a very homey feeling).

Daniel provided short, but an insightful tour of Niagara-on-the-Lake and make stops at various points of interest where explain the significance of the site and area. Daniel also provided wine suggestions and much to my surprise was very good in finding wines that my wife and I liked. There were many varieties which we tried that are just not available in the LCBO!

I would not hesitate recommending Zoom to anyone and more specifically Daniel as a tour guide. I look forward to returning to Zoom and Niagara-on-the-Lake next year.

5  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I rented bikes to cycle from Niagara to Niagara-on-the-Lake one day during the August long weekend. We reserved ahead of time and pick up was easy with lots of helpful advice from the staff. Bikes were in good condition with bells, locks, helmets, and baskets. We had a comfortable ride until our way back where we twice had to pull of the road during a ferocious thunder storm. We had to leave the bikes at our B&B in Niagara but a staff member was driving back from Niagara-on-the-Lake and able to pick them up that same evening at no extra charge. Zoom were a huge help, kept us safe by allowing us to curtail our ride back to the store in terrible conditions, and saved us over an hour since we had to make a late drive to another town that night.

1  Thank Andrew T
See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We wanted to do something different - and as we haven't ridden bikes in 15 years or ever gone to a winery before, we figured it'd be a bit of an adventure. The bikes are super easy to ride and there are helmets available. There is room behind the shop to test ride before you start the tour. We received a bottle of water and two snacks each to bring along with us. My husband and I were the only ones booked for a 1pm tour so Adrianne rode with us to meet up with a group who had started earlier. Along the way Adrianne gave lot's of information about the sights we rode by, and it was a very pleasant and informative ride before meeting up with the group and tour guide.

The pace was leisurely and easy and we did three different wineries in about four hours. Kelly the tour guide was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and very accommodating. Any wine we bought during the tour was labelled and picked up by Zoom to be ready and waiting for us back at the shop.

Tip: the tour goes whether rain or shine so keep in mind the following:
-Beware that the back wheel kicks up water/mud and unfortunately I was wearing a white shirt which is now stained. They do have rain ponchos available for sale inside the shop, or bring a light jacket or wear more appropriate clothing than I did!
-Thankfully I brought a towel with me (to the group's relief) so we could all dry off our bike seats after they had been sitting in the rain. No one wants to sit on a wet bike seat!

Despite the spot of rain, we had a blast and thought it was a fantastic way to see some of the wineries of Niagara-on-the-Lake. We are very happy with the service and would highly recommend this to anyone!

2  Thank MorningGlory81