“Nice place for dinner in Niagara On the Lake”

Niagara-on-the-Lake Golf Club Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We recently visited Niagara on the Lake to tour wineries and enjoy the Shaw Festival. We stayed across the street at the Oban Inn and came here to check the menu. It is a little less expensive than some of the other restaurants in town. We enjoyed a fine dinner with seating at the window to view the lake. We had fine service, enjoyed our meal. DH had crab cake appetizer and the lamb while I enjoyed a salad and fish. I recommend.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had one of our most enjoyable meals at the Niagara-on-the-Lake Golf Club Restaurant on our visit to the Shaw Festival. We had very tasty Crab Cakes as a shared appetizer. My Roasted Pickerel was perfectly cooked and nicely presented and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the Dijon Lamb. We were pleased to find a number of reasonably priced local Niagara choices on the wine list. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. We will definitely return next year.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Looks like a great place to eat, nice inside, great view, but the service was horrible. We waited a long time to be served. Our first drinks sat on the bar for 15 minutes, and we finally asked the hostess if she would bring them to us. Our waitress seemed to be standing around a lot, even though they kept using the excuse they were short-staffed. We waiting about 40 minutes for my meal, and my husband's came after I had already finished mine. The people beside us who came in after were served first, although they too were complaining about the wait. The did have a special menu that was nicer (if you want to wait over an hour), but otherwise it is just average bar food - was not expecting that as we had gone for a nice dinner. Would never go back. Store staff in town told us (after) that its not a good place to eat.

1  Thank Palee2012
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you are going to serve a pre-packaged hamburger, purchased from an outside supplier, read the ingredients list before you put this on someone's plate. That did not appear to happen after I informed the patio wait-staff that I have allergies. I'm glad I played my round of golf before lunch, because I would have been unable to do so after. For a beer? Go for it. I won't eat there.

1  Thank RandyFromOntario
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant probably has the best view on the lake in town, but food isn't worth it. I have tried a pizza and the dough wasn't good and my friend had a burger and the bread was wet and the meat cold. I am not usually picky, but I was disappointed by this restaurant. I wouldn't go back there.