“The BEST Spa Weekend!”

The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Definitely worth every penny. Must stay at Pillar and Post at least once....a year (it is really one of my favourite places on earth)! It is better with a partner, I have to say in all honesty but enjoyable with your sister :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Property-Services, General Manager's Office at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed a weekend away with your sister and that you look forward to visiting the Pillar and Post yearly. We are very thankful to have such a wonderful staff that truly cares about our guests and their needs. I will be sure to let the spa know how much you appreciated their efforts.

There are newer reviews for The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre

Reviewed May 21, 2014

room selection does matter. My sister and I took my mom for a girls get away for Mother's Day and I booked a deluxe room and was really surprised at the room we were given. You had to exit the hotel and go outside, it was very small and felt very claustrophobic. I called the front desk and explained that having stayed before this was not quite what I was expecting. They could not have been nicer and agreed to upgrade me to a larger room, in the spa area, for a nominal surcharge. The new room was fabulous, very spacious and had lots of room for us to sit around and enjoy a glass of wine after dinner and chat. Completely worth the extra cost. I have used the spa and the hot springs on prior visits and really enjoyed both. If you are looking for a hotel that exudes casual elegance, this would be it.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend going for the larger rooms in the newer spa area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2014

After a busy week of home renovations, we decided a night away was in order and the Pillar and Post was a delightful experience that left us refreshed and ready to start again!
The deluxe queen room was spacious and clean and the beds were wonderfully comfortable. It was nice to have the fireplace for the cooler evening. Dinner at the Cannery was wonderful, especially the seafood curry and the staff there were attentive, with just the right amount of familiarity. An early morning workout in the well equipped gym and a swim and hot tub soak followed by a great breakfast completed our weekend. The decor and general ambience of the Pillar and Post are exceptional.
Look out for special packages; the TGIF package was great value.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments! We are glad to hear that you were able to have some down time and a break away from home renovations! We take pride in the many special touches our guestrooms and hotel offer and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the gas fireplace and a relaxing evening away! We appreciate you taking the time to share about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Pillar and Post!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed with two of my friends for a weekend of wine tasting. We loved the Cannery restaurant (excellent martins), the spa (my friend said it was the best massage she's ever had) and our room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location, close enough to town but still quiet and secluded. Can't wait to visit again!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank quadrophenic

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate you sharing your lovely experience and taking the time to reflect on your stay at the Pillar and Post Inn and Spa. Our goal is to always provide you with exceptional quality and service to ensure your stay is memorable. Again, thank you very much for your lovely compliments, we will be sure to share this with our staff!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Went for a relaxing day but it was way too packed. Had to wait to use facilities. Some woman clipped her toenails in the steam shower....gross. The crowd finally began to thin out around 5pm, but the locker rooms were a disaster for the rest of the evening. Dirty towels everywhere and overflowing garbage made the rest of our spa time a challenge. The staff could not have cared any less.

It's a shame. I've enjoyed this spa a handful of times but probably wouldn't return.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank luvinmauiEAstCost
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was in the region on a business trip and was not supposed to lay over however due to a last minute meeting the next day I had to spend the night. This was my 2nd time staying the P&P and the 3rd time I had dinner the Cannery Restaurant.

I can tell you this time was spot on to the first and the consistency was the same. I arrived in the early evening and my room was ready. Check in was a breeze and before you know it I had the prime rib dinner that they are known for and then in the spa for a night cap. My room was clean with extra towels, good linens, and comfortable beds and I had everything I needed. The spa was very nice and clean and the outdoor hot tub is always a great way to relax and shake off a stressful day. The indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub was very good as well.

The Cannery Restaurant never disappoints and is known for the prime rib but I have had other dishes there as well and never got a bad meal. The breakfast the following was great and much more than the average person can eat in the morning. I suggest the eggs benedict. The complimentary coffee bar set up in the lobby each morning has great coffee and is a good way to start your day. All in all its pretty hard to beat this spot any where in the area for food, service, spa, and a great room. Its the total package!

Room Tip: If you plan to use the spa stay in a spa tower room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank caymankid

We appreciate all your wonderful compliments about our hotel and we are so pleased that you were able to enjoy the hot springs and take advantage of some relaxation despite the change in your schedule. It is our goal to exceed all expectations, so to know that we were able to do that for you, means a great deal to our guest service team. We look forward to your return visit in the near future!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Well, let's start off by being honest and saying this will never be a sub $100 a night stay kind of place. Yes, you do pay a lot per night but you get what you pay for.

This is pure luxury. My wife and I booked for our 20th anniversary. We got the romance package and the dinner package. We also upgraded to a suite room.

The room is, pardon my French, freaking huge!!! There is a gas fireplace, large jet tub, 4 poster king size bed, 2 TVs, lots of storage and a pull out couch. We even had a Keurig coffee maker in the room

The staff are second to none. We were wished a happy anniversary countless times. There was not one grumpy staff member at all. They were always ON, always happy and always helpful... from the Friday afternoon wine and cheese welcome all the way to when we checked out.

We of course made the mistake of checking out just at 11, when the Mother's day buffet was about to start in the restaurant (my bad!) so exiting with a luggage cart was a challenge.

There is a free 24x7 shuttle service that will take you to and from the old town for shopping etc (less than 5 minutes). Note that this not a shuttle that will take you to the wine region, you will have to book this via the front desk or via one of the many wine tour operators.

Parking was a breeze (we did valet) and the hotel is in a residential neighbourhood so it is a very quiet area.

Spa looked ok but was tough to book due to it being Mothers day.I did not use the inside pool but the outside one was perfect and was at least 7 feet deep in the deep end. The hot springs in the basement (exit to it is by the spa) was perfect also and very romantic.

The restaurant food was impeccable as was the service. Easily 4* dining. Even the food at the bar in the hotel (I had the blue cheese burger) was outstanding. Not many beers on tap though.

Room Tip: We had room 355 (suite) which was top floor and accessed from the inside. There was an elevator up t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple