The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riverbend Inn and Vineyard(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$139
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$319
$280
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$155
$139
Harbour House Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
$157
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$105
$96
GardenInn.com
Queen's Landing(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$186
Prince of Wales(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
$201
  • Pool
Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$152
White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$118
$115
Travelocity
South Landing Inn(Queenston)(Great Value!)
$130
$109
Travelocity
2,217 results
All reviewshot springscannery restaurantoutdoor poolprime ribget awaymy husband and iwine barshuttle servicevintage hotelsturn down servicecouples massagesteam roomdeluxe roomromantic getawaywedding anniversaryprince of walesgas fireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We booked a over night stay to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and i have nothing but good things to say. The service is amazing, they really care about your time and giving you a memorable experience. From the checking in the awesome service started. Our room had a complimentry bottle of wine and a card saying Happy Anniversary. We headed down to the lounge and Ashley was the sweetest server ever, we talked wine, and you can tell she loves what she dose, we really enjoyed our lunch which was fantastic, my husband had the prime rib sandwich, so tender and delicious!!! Ashley makes the best lemon drop martini ive ever had!!! We went for a swim in the beautful indoor pool, and Ashley sent us chocolate covered strawberrys, talk about feeling like special guests!!! Thanks Ashley, we enjoyed them! The hot springs was awesome and relaxing. Now our dinner in the dinning room, well amazing!! Tara had a beautiful table in front of the fire place waiting for us. She took special care of us, it was perfect Tara, your extra attention to us and making our night special will not be forgotten!! Our server Patti was awesome as well!! She is excellent at what she dose, and her service perfection! At the end of dinner we choose a dessert and Tara and Patti brought it, it had Happy Anniversary written on the plate, and then it was given to us complimentry!! For dinner i had marrekesh salmon, with pesto mashed , amazing, and my husband had prime rib, again amazing!! I cant say enought about the food the service our room, everything was perfect. Tara, Ashley and Patti, thank you for making our time so special, we will be back because of you all!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First, let's start with the positives:
- Food at the Cannery restaurant was fantastic and I wrote a separate review for that part of our stay.
- Accommodations were outstanding. Beautifully appointed room and the resort has beautiful decor throughout. Very relaxing feel.
- Pool and Hot Springs - gorgeous!
- Spa - fantastic couples massage
Less positive:
- Spa - while our treatment was fantastic, the spa itself wasn't as good as others we've experienced. The spa was extremely busy the day of our massage and the common lounge area where you await your treatment was packed, including a family with their children in attendance. While not horrible, sitting around in a robe in a crowded room isn't to our taste. Also, the common change area in the women's room (which during my visit also had chlldren in attendance) felt a bit more like a gym than a luxury spa.
- Housekeeping - We were staying at the resort for 2 nights. Our first morning, we went out on wine tours, so were out of our room from about 9:30 in the morning until 1:30 in the afternoon, when we returned to get ready for our spa appointment. The room had not been made up even though we had left our signage out to do so. We figured they knew our spa appointment time and were awaiting that time to clean the room, but when we returned at 3:00pm, still the room wasn't made up. We then decided to nap until dinner, and put up the do-not-disturb sign. We then got notice at 5:45 under the door that they were unable to do turn-down service due to our sign, but the room had never even been made up to begin with. To be fair, when we raised this issue with the front desk, they were very responsible. During our dinner, they made up the room for us and left us a gift of chocolates. Still, having your room made up is part of the luxury you associate with a weekend away, so it left an impression on us.

We've been to many of Ontario's Finest Inns and this was our first Vintage Inn. In comparison, it fell a little short for us. I think because it doesn't really have the personal touch that we've come to expect at Ontario's Finest Inns. Maybe just a bit too big for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Property-Services, Guest Service Agent at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you very much for listing the positives you had during your last stay at the Pillar and Post. As we are always striving for ways to improve and enhance the experience of our guests, your thoughts and feedback are critical to our success. I would like to apologize for the housekeeping concerns you mentioned and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our management team, to ensure our procedures reduces the likelihood of this happening to our future guests. I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade for your next visit!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the hotel last week with my Mum and Sister who were visiting from the UK. The welcome was pleasant and efficient and we were checked in to our room before the official check-in time, allowing us to settle in before heading in to town for the afternoon. We booked a Premier Double Double and despite the room being a little dark it was very nice, with a seating area including a sofa and armchair in front of a TV and working fireplace. It is just a short walk in to town, or you can make use of the shuttle bus that runs between the four hotels owned by Vintage Hotels. We booked the breakfast package, which included a full hot and cold buffet breakfast, fresh cooked egg dishes prepared in the restaurant itself by the chef, and inluded all coffee, tea and juice that you could drink. The hotel is very well maintained and the spa and pools areas are lovely (although we didn't have time to sample either). I'll definitely stay at this place again. A lovely hotel if you're looking for a little bit of luxury and friendly, efficient service.

Room Tip: If you can splash out some extra cash then go for the Deluxe or Premier rooms, which offer extra space. This was useful for us as we were three people sharing one room. We had a Premier room and it didn't feel cramped at all.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This property is top-notch in providing the best in hospitality. As an event planner I be can rest assured that all aspects of my event prior, during and post are well taken care of. Not only is the location fantastic, the team at the Pillar and Post from sales, to catering, the front desk, bar & restaurant staff are excellent at what they do and make my job so much easier. I have also stayed at the Pillar and Post for personal reasons, several times and have had the same experience. I recommend to anyone to use this property for all their meeting and/or personal travel needs.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LPtak
Property-Services, Guest Services Agent at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

We are very flattered by your compliments and your recommendation! We are so pleased that you love the Pillar and Post, for both professional and personal stays!! We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

One of our most favourite places to stay is the Pillar and Post. Sometimes we pop in just for the buffet breakfast.
Towards the end of March my husband and I went to the Pillar and enjoyed a wonderfully, relaxing breakfast. The food is always plentiful and very nicely presented. The young man that cooks the omelets has taken to flipping the omelets and we had a nice chat with him while he entertained up. Great job, wish I could remember his name.
Our server Frank has always been so friendly and seems to read our minds as to what we need almost before we know we need it. He is right there to fill a cup or a glass and makes one feel like it is no trouble at all. One day in January I asked about gluten free muffins or toast. He said, "I can get you some gluten free toast." Within a short time there it was toasted to perfection. (thanks to the kitchen staff for toasting it under the broiler so that there would be no cross-contamination)
Before we left we sat for a while beside one of the fireplaces by the outdoor pool. The view was lovely and we had a chance to talk to Alice. She is in charge of housekeeping I believe. Well, she could not have been more friendly and I complimented her on the way she made us feel welcome. She said she had worked there for many years and you could tell by talking to her how proud she was of her work place. Alice really made me smile. She was so friendly and cheerful. Her and Frank should give classes on how to treat guests in the work place. I cannot wait to go back and do it all over again. Have a great day all. Lynne and Ernie

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heavenlygal

Thank you very much for your kind words and appreciation! We are thankful to have such a great team working with us who understand the importance of the little details for our loyal guests! We look forward to seeing you in the future, whether it be to stay with us or just for the brunch!