The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre
Reviewed April 2, 2013

One of our most favourite places to stay is the Pillar and Post. Sometimes we pop in just for the buffet breakfast.
Towards the end of March my husband and I went to the Pillar and enjoyed a wonderfully, relaxing breakfast. The food is always plentiful and very nicely presented. The young man that cooks the omelets has taken to flipping the omelets and we had a nice chat with him while he entertained up. Great job, wish I could remember his name.
Our server Frank has always been so friendly and seems to read our minds as to what we need almost before we know we need it. He is right there to fill a cup or a glass and makes one feel like it is no trouble at all. One day in January I asked about gluten free muffins or toast. He said, "I can get you some gluten free toast." Within a short time there it was toasted to perfection. (thanks to the kitchen staff for toasting it under the broiler so that there would be no cross-contamination)
Before we left we sat for a while beside one of the fireplaces by the outdoor pool. The view was lovely and we had a chance to talk to Alice. She is in charge of housekeeping I believe. Well, she could not have been more friendly and I complimented her on the way she made us feel welcome. She said she had worked there for many years and you could tell by talking to her how proud she was of her work place. Alice really made me smile. She was so friendly and cheerful. Her and Frank should give classes on how to treat guests in the work place. I cannot wait to go back and do it all over again. Have a great day all. Lynne and Ernie

1  Thank heavenlygal
Property-Services, Guest Services Agent at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words and appreciation! We are thankful to have such a great team working with us who understand the importance of the little details for our loyal guests! We look forward to seeing you in the future, whether it be to stay with us or just for the brunch!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,150)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I took advantage of an excellent deal through Travel Zoo to stay at the Pillar and Post. We had a wonderful time. Check-in was fast, efficient and friendly. Our room was an upgraded King with gas fireplace and jacuzzi bathtub. Staff should be complemented for their attention to cleanliness of the room and Inn.

We enjoyed our 2 complimentary drinks that came with the special offer in the Lounge. May I also suggest the prime rib sandwich was awesome. Breakfast for two and two wine tastings at local wineries are also included.

The pool and outdoor jacuzzi was most enjoyable. The Inn is also located within walking distance to the main tourist area where you can enjoy a horse and buggy ride, nice shops, bars and restaurants, my favourite being the Angel Inn.

While the bartender provided excellent service as did our breakfast server I would suggest to the Inn Management that they might want to supplement their staffing in these areas. We had to wait longer than we should have to be seated and initially served for breakfast as in my opinion the Inn was short-staffed.

I would highly recommend staying at the Pillar & Post and a visit to Niagara On The Lake.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We booked a last minute weekend getaway in the spring and had a fabulous relaxing and romantic weekend. The spa is wonderful, with an outdoor heated area. The pool is a great place to sit around and catch some sun.

We had the Presidential suite, for another $100 it was well worth it.

Close to everything Niagara-On-the-Lake has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a fantastic time at the Pillar and Post on Friday night, through a single-night package offered by Travel Zoo.

Check-in was very smooth and we were immediately impressed by the friendly and helpful attitude of all the staff. The lobby of the hotel is gorgeous and reminds you of a cottage with old wood accents and a beautiful open ceiling.

Our room was very large with couch seating and a fireplace, and there were nice touches like complimentary water and a nice coffee machine. While we were there, we had cocktails after dinner at the lounge and breakfast the next morning at the Cannery restaurant... both were fantastic.

I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone from Southern Ontario looking to get away for a night or two, it really was a fantastic stay!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Thank you for an amazing day! Hazel, the spa manager went over and above to make our time at the spa memorable. I have visited many spas and I have to say that Hazel was the most wonderful spa manager I ever met. She creates an atmosphere that is inviting, relaxing and professional. She is very present in the spa and checks in often with clients. Thank you Hazel!! Rose gave the best hot stone massage I ever had.. got rid of my headache and backache all in one treatment!! Sharla was outstanding with her manicure and pedicure services!! My hands and feet are so soft : ) The lounge was so relaxing with the fireplace, coffee, tea, water and fruit.... After our spa treatments we ate lunch in the lounge which was very delicious. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The spa was spotless. A very relaxing day..... thank you.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Grace303

Thank you very much for your very kind words! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed and appreciated all of our little added touches. We are very thankful to have such a wonderful staff who truly care about our guests and their needs. I will be sure to let the spa know how much you appreciated their efforts!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I recently enjoyed a two night stay at an excellent room with a fireplace and patio. The staff were professional and at the same time very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious. Very definitely we would enjoy going back to the Pillar & Post. We also would recommend the spa. We both had two RMT massages that were terrific. The Inn is a short and easy 10 minute walk to downtown Niagara on the Lake.

James & Ann C.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We recently stayed in 2 suites for a weekend with my son and parents. I chose the Pillar and Post as it is rated one of the top around. Niagara on the Lake is a great small village and the location of the Pillar and Post is great. Has an "old" charm to it. But I certainly expected more from the suites than "old". They were nicely appointed, however in much need of a renovation. Many knicks on door frames, mold in bathroom, dirty carpet. And when we moved the sofa to create a larger sitting area when my parents came to our room for a drink, I don't think the cleaning staff ever vacuumed under it. I travel quite allot and all places I stay all have Ipod docking stations, this place is still a bit in the late 80's as they only have a CD player alarm clock.
We dined at the Cannery restaurant and had amazing service and food/wine.
I certainly would not go back unless they do some upgrades to their decor/maintenance.

Room Tip: Not at this property