“Underwhelming on a 10 year Anniversary”

The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre
Toronto, Canada
“Underwhelming on a 10 year Anniversary”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not sure what the big deal is about this hotel. It’s in a desperate need of a makeover! The first room we were taken to was on par with a dingy motel room! The second, an improvement, however we couldn’t help but notice the patchwork repairs and stains of the bathroom ceiling, stained carpets, crumbs on the couch, stale scent and overall feeling it wasn’t as fresh as it could or should be considering the rates! The common areas like the hallways & elevator were not attended to and seemingly in need of a scrub.
The main restaurant dining experience at the Cannery, was mediocre at best. The service however was excellent. This helped to make up for the very average lukewarm entrees.
The Spa was very good. The massage was excellent and the facilities were great, especially the Grotto. This would be a perfect spot in the summer to relax with some friends.
The service overall was very impressive. There was a genuine approach in all encounters from all staff member.
If you are looking for a well rounded stay, this isn’t it. Visit the Spa and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tyler A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I needed a little getaway and escaped to the Pillar & Post. What a wonderful stay! Shane at the frontdesk was most helpful in arranging my room to be ready a little early. He even came around the desk to shake my hand and welcome me to the hotel!

I treated myself to a pedi in the spa after some time in the pool and hot springs. Yvonne was simply fabulous! For so many reasons. She was attentive and very informative about the products they use. She even helped me with my colour choice based on my skin tone. We had a lovely chat and she put me at ease making me feel like I truly was on vacation.

Larry in the Vintages Lounge knows his stuff. He also knew so many of the local patrons and treated everyone so attentively. He recommended some marvelous snacks for me to try. And my glass of Niagara Reisling hit the spot!

All in all, a fantastic stay - mostly because of the great group of staff that really go that extra mile.

I'll be back...

Angie from Toronto

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Angie B
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife, daughter and I spent a night at the Pillar and Post in March 2013. In short, the place is fantastic, gorgeous and fit for a King and Queen. The room was huge. The pool was warm and the hot tub was just right. The outdoor hot pool was very attractive and warm. The service was exceptional. The staff are very polite and extremely professional. We had the buffet breakfast and the food was top-notch. The made-to-order omelette was professionally prepared in front of me and the waffles were delicious. Just the right supply of pasties and fruit to cap it off. We had a great time at this Inn and it is definitely a five-star Inn. Will definitely return again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vaughn S
Property-Services, Guest Services Agent at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We appreciate all your wonderful compliments about our hotel and that you were able to enjoy the spa facilities and take advantage of some time away from the everyday. It is our goal to exceed all expectations, so to know that we were able to do that for you, means a great deal to our guest service team. We look forward to your return visit in the near future!
Blue Mountains, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I attended a conference, and I found the hotel to be very clean with friendly staff. Our room was a good size and comfortable. Dinner was served in the Library and the service was good and the food was hot and on time. The rest of the people also stated that their rooms were clean and cozy as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was my first time at this property and although it was not full and it was off-season, the price was still quite high for what we got. If you're going, though, see if you can get a room above the spa area - our friends were there (they got an upgrade as the heater wasn't working in their original room) and it seemed better. Our room was adequate size, but noisy - the plumbing, the doors, the hallways, the floor moved so much when we walked that everything rattled (and I am neither fat nor obese!). Breakfast was good, despite smoke pouring out of the oven as we started. The spa service was good. Everything was fine, but for the price you can do better - much better. I'll return to staying at my favourite B&B next time I'm in NOTL.

Room Tip: Above the spa - newer part of the hotel, maybe?
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a candlelight ceremony and reception here and everything was great. The staff was friendly and helpful and ensured our night went perfectly. They looked after the small details without even being asked. Sandra was a huge help on the wedding day. Everything went exactly as we hoped. It was perfect!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark V
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed and appreciated all of our little added touches for your wedding. We are very thankful to have such a wonderful staff that truly care about our guests and their needs. Congratulations and we hope to see you back at the Pillar and Post!
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

As usual we had a great time . The granddaughters think it is the greatest place to go. They are always wanting to go 'again soon'. We usually go twice a year (once with them and once by ourselves) . We love the atmosphere, the friendliness, and the cleanliness. It is my number one place to go for relaxation. We are getting ready right now to go again (just ourselves) to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary . That's how much we love this Inn. The staff are great and always treat you well!

Room Tip: Keep the room map for future reference to help select your favourite room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family