“Wonderful Weekend Gataway”

The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Pillar and Post to celebrate my partners birthday. I can not say enough. From the room to the service in the restaurant to the spa the experience was incredible.
It was his first visit to a spa and we are both looking forward to going back.
We purchased the dinner package and had dinner at the Queen's Landing. I can not say enough about the food or service. I would highly recommend adding their dinner package the value is incredible.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,173)

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My daughter and I took advantage of a special offer including one room night (standard room had two large comfy beds beautifully dressed), dinner from special menu (and they subbed in a veggie meal for my vegetarian daughter, graciously), complimentary passes to wine tour... etc. We had a fabulous weekend and were impressed by the value of the deal. We discovered that The Winter Wine Festival was on too! I LOVE the historic building, however had to drive into town. This is not really a drawback however, as it is quieter than staying right in the village. I had not visited NOTL for many years and enjoyed rediscovering it. Also recommended is a visit to "Cheese Secrets" in town, where we had a cheese, olive oil and aged vinegar tasting, for $25.00 per person and included a $20 in-store coupon each, which we used to buy the best cheeses I have ever tasted. My daughter went on the ghost walk Saturday evening, also recommended. WE WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: They are all good!
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited The Pillar and Post to celebrate a family wedding and I was more than pleased with our experience. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful from the get-go. Our room was clean and comfortable and the rose on the pillow each night was a nice touch. The pool is incredible....perfect temperature and very clean, as are the hot tub and sauna. We regret not having enough time to visit the hot springs because we were just too busy. Next time for sure! The only complaint I would have (and this is very nitpicky!) is that the hair dryer was very old and took about 4 times as long to dry my hair as a more recent dryer would have. This being said, I could not have asked for a nicer stay and will definitely come back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
GMPILLAR, General Manager at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful and kind review. Please be assured that all comments are important to our success. We will look at our hair dryers and style as we look to replace them in the new season. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and our facility. I will share your kind comments with the engineering team who maintain the pool quality and temperature earnestly through out the day and year. Thank you for choosing the Pillar & Post and we certainly cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is just for the restaurant in the bar/lounge as no listing for it.

Wife and I plus 2 friends had an excellent fish and chip special - $9.95 each. Unusually a tilapia as the fish but excellent. Batter light and crisp. Was busy but Larry the waiter did an excellent job.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Having just returned from our two night stay at the Pillar & Post Inn where our daughter was married, we could not have asked for a more wonderful place. It's hard to believe that some previous guests have had such negative feedback from their stay. Our only negative comment would be that they charge more than $10/day for use of their internet in your room. They do offer internet service in another part of the Inn but it would be more convenient to use it in your own room.
Our king size bed was extremely comfortable and our bathroom was very nice and modern and not like something out of the 70's like a previous reviewer said. We had several family members who stayed at the Inn and they all loved their stay. Our daughter's room was huge with a separate sitting room with fireplace and the bathroom was amazing with a separate shower and a jacuzzi tub.

The wedding coordinator, Sandra could not have been more helpful and even helped us pop a cork on our champagne bottle on the morning of the wedding while all of us ladies were getting our hair and makeup done!! She went out of her way to make sure that the evening before and the day of the wedding went smoothly...and it did! Thank you Sandra!!

The set up for the Inn can be a little confusing at the beginning but once you got your bearings, it was easy to find your way around. The pool was a nice retreat prior to the rehearsal evening but the temperature of the pool could have been a smidge warmer.

The dinner at the wedding was wonderful and the staff were prompt and very courteous. The Brunch at the Cannery the next morning was very good with quite a few choices. Pricing was comparable to other places with similar choices.

Thank you Pillar & Post for providing a wonderful spot for our daughter's "special" day!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for kind review. Congratulations to your daughter on her special day and I am so happy that we were able to make this special event memoreable for you, your family and guests. Thank you for choosing the Pillar & Post for this very special day and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is our second consecutive year of staying at The Pillar and Post Inn. We stayed for 3 nights as we really enjoy dining at all the restaurants the Vintage Inns have to offer (The Cannery, Tiara dining room and the Escabeche dining room). We thoroughly enjoy all our meals and the service is superb. The courtesy van is an added bonus to get around.
Niagara-on-the-lake is great place to relax after a busy holiday season, and the Pillar and Post is the ideal accommodation. We stayed in a Premium King room which is very spacious and comes complete with a fireplace which is great to cuddle up to after a day of cross-country skiing and share a great bottle of wine from one of the fine wineries in the area and some artisan cheese. The only reason I did not give a 5 star rating was our room was a little tired looking. Both the main area and the washroom could use a good coat of paint and sprucing up. The rose on the pillow was a nice touch each night even though my wife got perturb that it was not on her side of the bed :-).
My wife had a reflexology appointment at One Fountain Spa and raved about the treatment.
All in all a great time and we are for sure returning next year, if not to relax then to restock our wine supply!

Room Tip: Rooms above the Spa area are quieter with less traffic and provide quick access to indoor pool and s...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WDE40
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been going to Pillar & Post for quite some time, my opinion regarding the Hotel, service,
rooms (the beds are excelent) but what I have been finding from year to year is the dinner use to be much better. until now this has not made me not to go but a change would make the the night perfect.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMPILLAR, General Manager at The Pillar and Post Inn, Spa and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Happy New Year! Thank you for your candid review. We will definately Look at our menu for next New Years and take your comments into consideration. We will do every thing possible to add variety and assure quality for all our repeat guests and those visiting us for the first time.
All the best for 2013