“Charming property”

Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant
Pleasant Valley, New York
“Charming property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is located 2 blocks from the center of town and a stone's throw from the lake. rooms are charming and the restaurant is excellent. Beautiful gardens with a small gym and a small pool. Service is very attentive. We would definitely return

Room Tip: Spend the extra dollars for a deluxe room and get the extra room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank verycritical

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were there only one night last weekend for our second wedding anniversary and everything was perfect. We booked a king and got room#7 in the main inn. It was spacious, comfortable modern and romantic. We also had a couples massage that was out of this world! Everywhere we went in the hotel the staff would say Happy Anniversary! It was very close to the main strip for restaurants and shopping.
Overall a wonderful expreience!
Oh yeah and Robert at the front desk is a true professional!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My Boyfriend and I got stuck in a blizzard in this beautiful town. Lucky us!

We had no reservations and it was right after Christmas time, there were few rooms to be found and we drove around looking for anything we could afford. We finally pulled up to this beautiful hotel, and even though I was sure we could't afford it, I went in to ask.
The gentleman behind the desk gave un an incredible deal (maybe out of sympathy, maybe because the odds of booking it so late at night were slim). It was fabulous. Clean and comfortable. Nice restaurant downstairs, but we went to the local pub every night which was perfect!

A great experience, friendly and a beautiful town to get snowed into. Lucky us!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jessie799
Wadsworth, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

For our second visit to NOTL we wanted to splurge a bit and stay at a "fancy" place we normally wouldn't pay for. At $335/night, I'm not sure the Oban was worth every penny, but it was very nice.

The location is perfect - it's across from the water so it's not in the "busy" part of town, but it's only a block to all the shops and restaurants. Because it's not in the main section, it has ample, off-street parking, and a "quiet" feel for already quiet NOTL.

The breakfast is simple, but very filling and tasty. Fresh fruit, ham, hard boiled eggs, incredible toast, croissants and local jellies. The wait staff, like all the Oban staff, is very friendly and attentive.

We stayed in one of the upgrade rooms. The bed is one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The bathroom is spacy and, if not luxurious, very nice. The air conditioning is not central air, but a wall unit. It did the job, but I wasn't as comfortable as I would have liked due to this. For $335 I expected more. Because of the layout of the inn, we didn't have any other rooms adjoining ours, so the privacy was very nice. But, beware the spiders! There is greenery all over the inn and when we came back to the room at night there were monster-sized spiders dangling outside our door. My sandal sent a few to their demise.

My biggest complaint was the WiFi. It's terrible, even in the main lobby. The staff said it's always a problem. But, being from the States, I could only access the web on WiFi and the Oban made this almost impossible. That needs to be addressed ASAP.

We didn't use any of the spa services, but they looked nice.

In summary, the Oban was great. Would I stay there again? Not for $335, but I would certainly try to get back there if I got a slightly better deal.

1 Thank chrisserger
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I stopped in to see what kind of prices and appointments were available last minute during our stay in NOTL, (We stayed at a seperate B&B) and they took us in right away for a couples pedicure. My husband had never been for any kind of spa appointment before, but the ladies were quick to put him at ease and he enjoyed himself very much! I also enjoyed my treatment, to the point that I returned the next day for a manicure while he was out golfing!

Oakville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very disappointing! My husband and I booked a romantic getaway in NOTL, which included a planned day at the Oban Inn Spa. We had a couples massage booked for 1pm. It was a lovely sunny day and we had planned to lounge by the pool and use the facilities before and after our spa. I checked my mobile messages on Sunday morning at 10am and received the message that their masseuse was no longer available. They could only offer 1 person a massage, which I found unacceptable. It was too late to book at another spa and our day was ruined.

1 Thank koreenott
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We came to the Oban Inn for 2 nights in February. Upon checkin we were upgraded to a suite with a sun room overlooking the lake. The room was very nicely appointed, with luxury towels/sheets etc. We were here at winter time so could not use the sun room as much as I would have wanted, I imagine in summer it would be even better! The buffet breakfast was plentiful, no cooked items but I prefer continental breakfasts... All the staff members from the check-in to restaurant and room service were friendly and always smiling. It was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sunroom over looking the lake! was great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple