I went to White Oaks for a ladies weekend spa get-away, and we are from Toronto. Having only gone to a couple spas before, I was really excited.
The spa was nice. The front reception was very friendly. The mini-massage and pedicure I had were as good as anywhere else and the robes were lovely. There are two waiting areas before and between treatments. The 'meditation room' they put me in is a dark room with comfy seating, blankets, tea and flavoured water, but it was not ideal for me since I wanted to read. I wish they had given an option for where to wait (there or the 'reading room' which is well-lit and has a fireplace). There are NO EXTRA PERKS to this spa though; there really isn't any reason to hang out in there after treatments. The hottub and sauna are in other areas of the hotel and the one tiny, shower in the changeroom was not appealing (it was too short for me at 5'9" and had a completely see-through door to the rest of the changeroom). Its best to go to the fitness centre changeroom for a shower, but then you have to get dressed and walk through the hotel to get to it. Its not really fair to compare, but its definitely no St Annes.
The hotel was nicely decorated, clean and okay to navigate (although I did get turned around a few times). The salt water pool is much nicer than a chlorinated one and the hot tub was a good temperature when I tried it, but the whirlpool wasn't working. The starbucks in hotel was nice to have.
We didn't eat in the hotel so I can't comment, but it was nice to have a Keg nearby.
The fitness centre (a stand-alone health club you have access to as a hotel guest) was OUTSTANDING. On a Saturday afternoon there was so much equipment available that we could do whatever we wanted. The ladies changeroom had a sauna and steam room. The only downside to the fitness centre was the cheap soap in the showers.
The night we stayed there were apparently a couple of Christmas parties, and we were kept up for over 3 hours with partiers in the hallway outside our room. We called the front desk, but the noise and rowdiness did not improve significantly after that. We spoke with the front desk in the morning and they hadn't logged our complaint (there was no record). The person we spoke with was very courteous and apologetic and offered us gift cards towards our next stay, which was nice. A discount off our hotel bill would have been nice though, since none of us got the good nights' sleep that White Oaks markets itself for.
Overall a fun weekend getaway. If you're looking for a complete spa weekend though, a hotel/spa that is more centered on the spa, like St Annes, would make more sense. If you're looking for a hotel/dinner get-away with outstanding fitness facilities and some spa treatments, then this is a good option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to White Oaks Conference Resort and Spa, a destination unto itself that puts you at the centre of Niagara area attractions in the finest accommodations in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Niagara Wine Country, Casino Niagara, Niagara Falls and more are all within easy reach. But you won't have to leave our 13-acre resort to enjoy a first-class experience. Modern and stylish, White Oaks delivers luxury hotel service and truly outstanding amenities. From a deluxe Spa and our acclaimed 4-Diamond LIV restaurant (featuring award-winning Niagara Wines) to state-of-the-art fitness centre, The Club at White Oaks, we're dedicated to every aspect of your comfort and success. Turn your next event into an unforgettable experience. Greet, meet and motivate your colleagues, clients and guests in the luxurious, unique surroundings of Ontario's finest meeting venue. Be inspired by the extraordinary. Come to White Oaks and enjoy the best of Niagara on the Lake hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Oaks Conference Resort And Spa
- White Oaks Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- White Oaks Conference Hotel
- White Oaks Resort
- White Oaks Spa
- Niagara On The Lake White Oaks
- White Oak Resort Anbd Spa