5,816 results
All reviews liv restaurant outlet mall play restaurant tennis courts girls weekend niagara falls get away wine tour great weekend minute drive wedding anniversary wine country squash andre concierge package qew
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed at the Resort on July 4th and got a great rate. Let me start w/ the good - the hotel is nice - large, clean rooms including a huge bathroom and very nice shower. The pool is large and the fitness center is top notch. If you are staying at the resort and that is all you want to do, then this is the place for you.

Now the bad - this hotel is neither here nor there - it's in the middle of nowhere. Directly off of the highway, it doesn't have resort feel at all. Location is advertised as Niagara on the lake, but you have to drive 20+ minutes to get to the actual Niagara on the Lake and 20+ minutes to get to the Falls. If you are visiting the Falls for the first time, this is NOT the place to stay - either stay at a hotel like Sheraton on the Falls or a Bed and Breakfast at Niagara on the Lake.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank chicago009
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My two cousins and I spent the night at White Oaks, thoroughly enjoying the "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" package. We experienced a very relaxing afternoon at the Spa where the staff consistently demonstrated their total commitment to customer satisfaction, often going "above and beyond" to make us feel totally pampered! Our dinner that evening in LIV was outstanding. The food presentation is something to see and the taste is to die for! Our suite was very spacious and the beds were so comfortable! In the morning, our leisurly breakfast was just as outstanding as our dinner had been the previous night !On a separate occasion, my husband and I also spent the night at WhiteOaks while attending the Shaw Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake and found the atmosphere perfect for a romantic getaway! We're returning this August! I highly recommend White Oaks! The entire staff is dedicated to pleasing those who visit!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maggie_schaal
Chard1, Chief Operating Officer at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2010

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am extremely delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience and our facilities exceeded your expectations. It is comments such as yours that motivate our Team to offer even higher levels of service excellence.

We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed July 6, 2010

Beautiful hotel, with marvelous gardens and facilities, however we were very dissapointed by customer service level of this hotel which is well below North American standards for the room price. I won't go into all of the unfortunate details, but in general i felt that the reception staff was really not interested in satisfying our reservation requests.

To get some form of satisfaction which came in the form of a few free drinks and breakfast coupons, i had to escalate our dissatisfaction up to the manager on duty. He did his best to put a plan together to meet our room expectations, but the plan did not get executed by a dissapointing desk staff later during our stay.

This hotel has lots of potential, but lacks a well trained staff...and this is simply not acceptable by my standards for the price i paid for my room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your remarks. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it can only assist us in serving you better and achieving our goal of service excellence. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced and the frustration that this caused you.

We encourage you to contact us directly to discuss these issues so that they can be resolved to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 6, 2010

Pros:
Excellent restaurant.
Great for those who like to workout in the gym.
Excellent and comfy bed.
Friendly service.
Close to wineries.

Cons:
The price is a bit high.
Have yoga but have to pay $20.00/session while aerobics class is free? Don't understand but this is main reason I may not go back.
Spa service was average at best.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Chard1, Chief Operating Officer at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2010

As Chief Operating Officer, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay and experience with us. I am delighted to share your feedback with our Team, as it is only by customer reviews that we are able to excel on our customer service levels which White Oaks strives to meet.
With respect to your "cons", we do have additional services that carry a fee. Yoga sessions specifically are a very specialized program and due to instructors accreditations they will carry an additional fee. Pricing for the Resort is in line with most other 5 Star 4 diamond properties.
If there is any other clarification required please feel free to contact the Resort so that we may clear up any misconception you may have.
Thank you again for taking the extra time to let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed July 3, 2010

I spent 2 nights with my wife in this hotel. It was our base for a full day bicycle tour of the Niagara wine region so we did not spend much time in the hotel.
One restaurant was in renovation and relocated in a temporary area on the second floor of the sports complex. We did not eat in the hotel so I cannot comment about the restaurants.
The service is good, all employees are smiling and genuine intention to help is visible throughout the hotel.
We had 2 bicycles with us, the hotel offers storage overnight for no charge, drop the bicycle at the front entrance with the attendant and he will take them inside and give you a tag number to match the one attached to your bicycle. You can drop them anytime and pick them up anytime.
The sports complex is quite impressive, on 3 different floors, with good machines (like you see at Goodlife) and good selection of weights, there's squash courts and tennis courts.
We requested a fridge in the room but we did not get one upon arrival, we got it a day later though.
The small fridge in each room filled with drinks and snacks has automatic sensors, DON"T remove anything from it or you will be charged for it.
Room was clean, quiet during the night, the A/C unit also very quiet (a big plus for me as I sleep very light) the bed on the soft side ( I prefer firm) but was not a problem, the garden spectacular, very well taken care of, not sure why I've seen some negative comments about the garden in other reviews.
We also used the swimming pool and although I cannot give it top marks we enjoyed it. The negative aspects are the slow drainage in the shower room, the one missing bulb in one shower room, the lockers in the family change room that are rusting visibly and cannot be locked from inside and the pool where although the water looked clean I felt the walls of the pool could use a scrub.
We paid CAD 338.00 for 2 nights. We booked late for the long weekend and we did not want to be in Niagara Falls, too crowded for my taste.
I would recommend this hotel for its customer service and the great sports complex.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Chard1, Chief Operating Officer at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2010

We are thrilled to read your glowing review of White Oaks Resort with special mention to our Club facilities and sincerely appreciate all of your kind feedback. For future visits please do not hesitate to contact our Concierge as they will be more than happy to assist with any request such as i.e. fridge, etc.
Thank you for choosing White Oaks to spend your retreat and we hope to welcome you back again soon!