5,790 results
All reviewsliv restaurantoutlet mallplay restauranttennis courtsgirls weekendniagara fallsget awaywine tourgreat weekendminute drivewedding anniversarywine countrysquashandreconciergepackageqew
Reviewed April 18, 2010

From arrival , the staff was completely dedicated to our needs. The best part of the stay was the feeling we had that the entire hotel staff was truly happy we were there, and they made every effort to accommodate all of our needs (traveling with extended family including young children, these were many).

The rooms were very comfortable, from furniture and including wallpaper, the decor was pleasing and relaxing. Suite we stayed in was exquisite with one caveat : no closing or locking door between master and living/kids room. Just a see through sliding door, so privacy for parents was an issue (during the stay we were informed that there are suites with closing doors on other floors but none were available at the time).

Kitchen/dining staff and housekeeping were no exception - at this hotel every employee smiled at us all the time and seemed 100% dedicated to making sure we enjoyed our stay.

Location right off the QEW (busy highway) was 1) convenient 2) less noisy than I had expected 3) no distraction from the wonderful grounds of the hotel.
Niagara Falls a short drive away (10-15 minutes), Toronto also easily reachable for a day trip (1 hour or so with no traffic).

Pool and spa facilities were beautiful and added to the relaxing atmosphere.

Hearty recommendation to stay at White Oaks anytime!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Chard1, Chief Operating Officer at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2010

As Chief Operating Officer, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay and experience with us. I am delighted to share your feedback with our Team, as it is only by customer reviews that we are able to excel on our customer service levels.

On behalf of the entire White Oaks Hospitality Team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2010

White Oaks continues to be a lovely place to stay, the rooms are lovely, the healthy and fresh buffets wonderful and the staff exectionally friendly and helpful. Bravo.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

In response to your review, as Chief Operating Officer I wanted to take this time to thank you for your gracious comments.

We look forward to our next opportunity.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

A few of us girls get together every March of our birthdays. We planned the event this year for a day at the Spa. We had been here before and everything was fine. However this time was different. The spa has definitely gone down hill. We each had booked a 90 min. massage. After coming to get each of us 5 mins late we were told to take off our robes and get comfortable on the bed. This takes all of about 30 seconds. However my girl did not come back for 10 mins. Also my massage ended 10 mins earlier...as did my friends. Our major complaint was that each of our rooms were freezing. I have to say I was glad the massage ended early. None of us enjoyed our massage since we were all so cold. All the spas I ever go to have either heated beds or heated blankets. Also for a high end spa the massage therapist was not good. This spa has totally gone down hill. We will not go back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Chard1, Chief Operating Officer at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2010

Spa Experience:

In response to your Spa experience of April 5 2010.

As the Chief Operating Officer of White Oaks Resort, I would first like to reiterate our sincerest apologies for the troubles encountered during the recent visit.

Although of a different view in this case, we certainly respect a guest’s overall impression of their visit. We also felt it important to provide some further detail into the situation.

Please be assured that our policies and procedures regarding room temperatures are monitored on a daily basis and given the opportunity any request presented would ensure prompt attention and modification.

We continue to have a great track record and pride ourselves as being a leader in the industry.

Please contact us to discuss how we can correct the situation for the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2010

I am in shock reading some of the negative reviews for this resort. I have been staying here for the past 10 years, averaging 8 visits/year. I now have family, work associates, and friends choosing this resort to celebrate special occasions. We have all travelled extensively internationally and are used to 4 and 5 star accomodations. We continue to choose White Oaks for weekend getaways when we want to stay local. The reservation department- always helpful, professional and thorough when booking. There are no surprises when you check in. (Vanessa- AMAZING!!) When you enter the lobby, it is warm & inviting. The service at the front desk has always been exceptional. (Lindy,Michael, John... the entire team) They try to accomodate you when you are checking in early and make sure you have everything you need for your stay. The one minor issue I had on one visit was rectified immediately and they made the entire party (8 people) feel special. The pool and hot tub are not overly fancy and probably the most outdated part of the hotel, however the area is spotless and great to relax just before dinner or first thing in the morning.
The gym, steam room & sauna- the best! Even if you don't like exercising, coming to this fitness centre motivates you.
The hotel itself- feels inviting and comfortable for anyone travelling. (Even women travelling on their own) The rooms, I have stayed in suites, superior rooms (The basic ones) and the tower rooms. They are all spotless and comfortable. My husband & I have even bought the pillows to bring home. You don't want to leave your bed!!
The food- room service is a great value and very good quality food. The Bench Bar & Grill is the more casual restaurant- very good food, the service is slow at times. In my opinion,the only inconsistent area at this resort. LIV (the main restaurant) is incredible. If you want to be rushed, don't go here. It's for an enjoyable evening (or breakfast).... you are not rushed and the food quality is amazing. We drive from Ancaster just for a special dinner. Do not miss the beef tenderloin or chocolate fondue for 2.... OMG- unbelievable!!
The service at LIV is second to none. All of the staff are professional servers. (Rachel, Ruth.... the best)
I realize that a hotel has one chance to make an impression, White Oaks won my husband and I over on our first visit 10 years ago. I feel disloyal when I stay anywhere else. I have stayed at the top rated hotels in Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake, and Toronto. None of them come close to the service, warmth and comfort we find at White Oaks.
The hotel is deceiving from the outside when approaching from the highway. (especially compared to some inns in Niagara on the Lake). When you enter, it is a different experience. For those who had some issues based on what they said in their reviews- they obviously did not go to the front desk to discuss the matter. They are extremely professional and helpful, they truly want your stay to be an amazing experience. I run my own business and use the staff at W.O. as an example of great, consistent service.
You will not make a mistake when booking this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your encouraging feedback!
We are honored to hear that you have had many great experiences with us over the years and continue to do so.

Reviewed March 23, 2010

This year for our annual girls spa weekend we chose White Oaks. It was disappointing. We went with their Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Package which included the room, a one-hour spa treatment, dinner, full hot breakfast and 2 complimentary movies with bags of junk food. It was certainly a lower price point than our previous trip but we wouldn't go back.

The hotel is tired even though you can tell it already had a major facelift from it's previous highway motel days. The pool looks yucky. The rooms were clean but the quality of the furniture, mattresses, couch, fireplace etc. were all lower end. They promoted a flat screen tv in the bathroom and we broke out in hysterics when we saw it... it's literally the size of a PSP, maybe 4 inches by 5 inches. LOL. The bathroom was small and not very luxerious at all. More along the lines of a Holiday Inn.

The spa is full service but we found the attitude to be very unwelcoming, almost snobby which is kind of funny given our overall impression of the place. They just seemed like we were an inconvenience to them. The spa facilities are actually quite nice, but the staff is not of the quality of some other spas that charge the same prices around Ontario. The one highlight was that apparently the warm honey wrap was a life changing experience!

Dinner at the Liv restaurant was very good. Clearly a hotel restaurant that doesn't attract too many non-guest diners but good. The low point was the day-old tasting amuse bouche sushi. The high point was the peanut butter cheesecake. The restaurant service was wonderful.

Overall, we wouldn't go back. Not terrible, just disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends