“WEDDING CEREMONY & RECEPTION”

White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa
Toronto, Canada
“WEDDING CEREMONY & RECEPTION”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Good afternoon all. On behalf of Jenniffer & I, we'd like to thank you for making our "fairy tale" wedding & reception, that much more special. All your efforts resulted in a stress-free day for Jenn and I. From the ceremony, to the décor, from the flowers, to the meal and wedding cake, it was all amazing, and the guests are still talking about it. Your suggestions were perfect, and we would be very pleased to be used as a reference should any potential customer request one. We felt very comfortable throughout the entire process that our needs would be addressed, and that the event would run smoothly. It was truly a memorable day, and each of you were a big part of it.

For once, we found a venue, and a group of professionals that delivered on ALL the promises they made.

Dinner at LIV is always truly amazing, the meals are always first rate, and the staff cater to your every need. This is our "go to place". We became engaged there, and one year later we chose the resort to be married, and we would recommend the same to everyone who asked.

The best we have ever been to, and the most we could ever expect.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Reviewed July 13, 2014

On average I spend around 100 nights/year in a hotel so I can be somewhat of a Diva and it takes a lot to impress me or give that Wow experience. On this most recent trip to #Niagara I was on a pre-World Pride trip to explore Niagara's wine region and was thinking, oh yeah another conference hotel (sigh).

However, much to my surprise this hotel stay would actually get me jazzed about a conference hotel. First, health & wellness is always a bit of a struggle while on the road and the White Oaks Resort & Spa really wowed me. Hands down the most impressive hotel gym I've been at. I understand that it was a Tennis Club prior to being a hotel hence the facilities are catered to the athlete which is amazing. All of this is complementary as a hotel guest. I appreciated the cleanliness of the gym and a steam room that actually works.

Second, was the conference facilities - though on this trip I did not use them doing a quick walk through the meeting rooms look amazing and the common spaces allowed for great networking and receptions. Speaking with a couple people attending a meeting they were all raving about the catering team's attention to details, so that is usually a good sign!

Third, knowing your customer. Julie from the Marketing team was on the ball and knew exactly how to unleash my inner Diva with a fantastic turndown amenity welcoming me and my colleagues to the property. I appreciated her tongue and cheek humor and sharing some of their unique packages like "Real Rockstar" that includes a private butler to look after all your needs while enjoying the best Niagara has to offer.

I can hardly wait to visit Niagara again and without question will want to call White Oaks my home base!

Room Tip: The up charge to jump from a Tower room to "Platinum" on the 7th Floor VIP room is worth t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We all recently had 4 nights at this fantastic resort while attending the Niagara on the Lake Film Festival (NIFF). We had a fabulous time - amenities were great a a lovely venue for the Film Festival. It is a wee bit pricey but a lovely spot for a weekend of shopping and relaxing. (Outlet mall just opened across the street). Close to many vineyards and of course the Falls.

Stayed June 2014
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've stayed here for personal and business, both experiences were excellent.
The White Oaks offer the best customer service! Staff are so helpful, informative, and very friendly. Hotel rooms very clean. Food is delicious and on-site restaurant options are great.
Great location off the highway and close to wineries and shopping. Even though it is right next to the highway, it is so quiet and peaceful on the trails around this resort.
Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary T
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently came back from a weekend stay at White Oaks and we have nothing but good things to say about it. This was our third stay at White Oaks (we have stayed in the tower room, the deluxe suite, and, most recently, the executive suite) and every single time we leave with nothing but rave reviews of the place. Mason, who works at the front desk, was exceptional. Quick check-in and very friendly. Both Andre and Bob provided exceptional concierge services. They were both very friendly. Bob actually mentioned to us that he was a new employee, but you would never know it as he was very knowledgeable and acts as though he has been working there for years! We went on a wine-tasting tour on Saturday and had Brian as our tour guide. He was phenomenal. By far one of the nicest, friendliest, tour guides we have ever had. He was informative, engaging, and fun. We also ate at both Play and Liv. Both have delicious food and great service! The eggplant parmesan at Liv is to die for! We would both highly recommend White Oaks to both friends and family. We love it so much here that we have even discussed potentially having our future wedding at White Oaks. All of the staff that we encountered during our stay at White Oaks made us feel like royalty and created an experience that we will never forget!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms at White Oaks!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Megan T
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 7, 2014

No complaints about this place whatsoever, everything was a joy. The entire staff was extremely polite and helpful, the room service was some of the best food I've ever had, and I got an amazing massage from Sheila at the spa. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Because I live in the Niagara area, I have been to White Oaks many times over the years. For many years I had a gym membership there (left and went elsewhere when the membership fees became unaffordable). I've been to the spa there (great!), have attended two weddings and various dinner meetings as well.

Recently, my husband and I had the opportunity of spending a night in conjunction with a conference I was attending. We were both happy with our stay, enjoyed the food and our room and the facility as a whole.

It was only the check in process that was not up to par and caused us great frustration to say the least because it was sooo slow, taking almost a half an hour from start to finish! Although we'd requested a room with a king bed, there were none left in the room category that had been booked by our conference co-ordinator. After doing some searching, we were told we could have a room with a king bed if we paid extra, which we agreed to. While someone went to check to make sure the room was made up, we were asked to step aside so the desk clerk could serve other guests. Eventually we were told the room was "dirty" and because it was by now 6pm and all cleaning staff had been sent home, the room was not available to us so we had to take a room with 2 beds instead.

Although there is no charge to self park, the hotel charges a "resort" fee to cover things such as parking and the use of the pool (which we never used).

The room was decorated with a modern twist, and the bed, bedding and pillows were all very comfortable. Our conference buffet dinner and buffet breakfast the next morning were excellent and I loved the funky decor of the room our breakfast was held in.

Although the hotel is located right on the highway leading from St Catharines to either Niagara-on-the-Lake (NOTL) or Niagara Falls and up until recently had nothing around it for guests to walk to, the new outlet mall is nearby and walkable. Other than that, it is approximately a 15 minute drive to either NOTL or Niagara Falls. For that reason, I think the hotel is more appropriate for weddings and conferences vs tourists who would be better served by staying right in Niagara Falls or NOTL if that is what they have come for, although certainly if the price is right, White Oaks is an option for tourists who don't mind being somewhat isolated and are willing to drive.

If you have found this review to be helpful, please let me know by clicking below.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business