“The staff is very friendly and helpful. Its beautiful and very clean.”

White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My friend and I travel here from the states and we had a very relaxing visit.
THE SPA IS A DREAM. FACIAL GIVEN BY MORGAN WAS OUTSTANDING. I RECEIVED A MASSAGE BY
Dan. He was very helpful and
Gave me some great tips and after massage ideas. Such as visiting the eucalyptus steam room and taking a bath prior to bed.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I must say our stay at White Oaks was wonderful!! The staff went over and above what would normally be expected. They were courteous and very helpful. Especially Phil and Bob (porters). And Janet our waitress at the wedding we attended, thank you so much for all your help. Our suite was clean and beautiful. However, we booked almost 1 month in advance, called the morning of for early check in and it did not happen. We got in our room 20 minutes early at 3;40 and had a wedding to attend there at 5p.m. With the price we paid for the suite, we should of been able to get early check-in. Made for a very rushed preparations.The $12 facility charge should be included in price as everyone has to pay it anyway. Overall our stay was wonderful. Angie R. & Toni M.

Room Tip: Don't expect early checkin. It just didn't happen with our suite.
1  Thank Angie R
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The overall service was great, until I encounter a problem with the locker in the women change room. The staff at The Club told me to use any open unlock locker and which I did. When I finished with my sauna and steam room, I found the locker was occupied and locked. I was all wet in my swim suit and only covered with a towel; a lady offered to run to the staff at The Club and requested they did something for me. To our disappointment, the response was they cannot do anything and they cannot cut the lock to open the locker for me. I was helpless standing there in the change room when another lady cannot stand this and went up to talk to the staff again. Then this time, they came with a lock opener and unlock it for me. I would appreciate if the staff had responded promptly so I don't have to stand there and being worried about getting my things in the locker plus being late joining my children for breakfasts. I would have given the hotel's services and hotel's staffs value a '5' if they had attended me in a timely fashion.

Room Tip: More elevator for you to use if you are on the 3rd floor and less.
1  Thank LPoon
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed for one night at White Oaks Resort and Spa and had an amazing time. From check in to check out the service was impeccable. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we were given vouchers for 2 drinks in the bar and our luggage was in our room when the room was ready. Little touches like this really made this place stand out.

We had a superior room which was decorated very nicely with lovely crisp linens and everything was nice and updated.

We ate at the Play restaurant and there was live music and a great atmosphere. The only criticism would be that the food was just ok. We also had breakfast at Liv the following morning and it was great.

We also were lucky enough to have massages at the spa at White Oaks. The spa was great and the massages were amazing- highly recommend the spa.

We had a great time and will definitely be repeat guests!

1  Thank Maria S
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My mother and I went for a massage today at the White Oaks Spa and it was absolutely fantastic! Seeing that I am a university student, school can get quite stressful and this massage was EXACTLY what I needed. My lovely RMT, Sheila Deb, did a fantastic job and I would CERTAINLY recommend her! I left the massage feeling extremely relaxed and happy. Although the Spa's "system" was down (due to the construction work from across the street), the staff were very patient and accommodating as well. Thank you!! I will definitely be coming back once exams are over!!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

stayed here for two nights. Room and décor is dated. Mold in bathroom behind doors. ordered room service was charged 6$ to deliver food- on top of the tip we gave since we didn't know there was a delivery fee. no where on the in room dining menu does it say this. also a 15$ a day facility charge whether you use them or not...... seemed like an average place nickel and diming you for things other hotels give you for free.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I am somewhat of a White Oaks veteran, but it had been a few years since I stayed overnight for an experience. My husband and I booked a Valentines Day package which was a great value.

We checked in so quickly and easily and went up to our room. Our room was great, nothing extravagant as we booked a basic room, but it was still very clean and modern and had a SUPER comfortable bed. We decided to go grab a smoothie from Starbucks before our Valentine's day massage. My RMT Michael was amazing. As a therapist myself I can be picky, but Michael was spot on. My husband had Andrew and said the next day he never felt so worked over and loose (in a good way)! The Spa front desk staff was attentive and friendly.

Coming back from the massage there was a wine tasting, Jamie the concierge had told us about so we stopped by the front for that. We then went upstairs and got ready for our dinner at LIV.
We had a reservation for 4 at a specific table we wanted but unfortunately our guests cancelled on us last minute. After a quick thought, the hostess Alecia was kind enough to give us the table anyways which was just the start to the great evening. We were a little sad as we were not advised of the set menu, but let me say this: Michael Price is AMAZING. The head chef prepared an unbelievable feast from start to finish. The bar was already set very high but let me tell you, this was the best meal I ever had. My husband had never dined at LIV before and also agreed from start to finish the best meal he had ever eaten. We live very close to toronto and have been to some amazing restaurants, and LIV blows anything in T.O. out of the water. Even though it was SO busy (rightly so) our server Kaitlin and busser, Alyssa were so attentive and polite.
The next morning we did a spin class at the club. It was awesome. We are really depressed at the fact that where we live the only option is Goodlife. After going to the Club at white oaks, anything else is definitely a downgrade. Everything is absolutely spotless, staff is so helpful.
We decided to not have to rush to get showered and to breakfast so ordered room service the night before. We requested it to come at 11am. It came at 11am on the dot and was again, amazing. Justin the room service attendant even checked if there was a gluten allergy (as we ordered gluten free bread) and warned the breakfast potato was not gluten free. This really was above and beyond what we expected.

As a self-proclaimed connoisseur of customer service, I really could not suggest one point for improvement. The attention to detail was incredible.
For anyone who wants a night or two away from the craziness life can sometimes bring, staying at White Oaks would be the place for you. We didn't have to leave the property for food, Starbucks, anything. It's all in house (which we LOVED as living in Toronto can make you despise having to drive anywhere.)
You really can't go wrong. Keep your eye out for the package deals they have including spa and dining as our Valentine's getaway was super reasonably priced!