“Excellent Hotel, Definitely Recommend”

White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This Resort was the venue for my son's wedding and we stayed at the resort for the weekend. Our experience was wonderful, the setting was lovely, the facilities were great and my son's wedding which was organised through the resort went off without a hitch. We travelled from the UK so were jetlagged and tired but the staff were exemplary and could not do enough to accomodate us and and made our stay comfortable and tremendously enjoyable. We also had my 6 mth old granddaughter with us and they were able to accomodate all her requirements, cots etc.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a stanndard room which we were very happy with, and my son stayed in the bridal/honeym...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 27, 2013

A friend reserved a night's stay for both of us and our husbands for Father's Day. Looking at the website and hearing it was a convention center, I wasn't sure that it was the best choice for us. Fortunately, I was wrong. The rooms were large with very comfortable beds and bedding. The staff was so friendly and helpful something I did not expect from a "convention center." We were disappointed that we only had one night there! Large pool, indoor tennis courts, beautiful grounds and a golf course nearby, what more could you want for a perfect stay! The decor was quirky and fun and lunch at Liv was a delight. The only negative I would mention is the location- it isn't in town.

1  Thank movinon6
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Planning our wedding began with booking at White Oaks Resort. No other place in the Niagara region compares to this site. We had an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception at White Oaks. Our pictures are amazing and we have guests that said they have never seen such a well put together event. I credit everything to the White Oaks staff, our help Josie, Jacquie and Laura. They are amazing people and will do everything possible to make your wedding perfect. There was no stress booking with White Oaks because the minute you do, you become like family with the staff. You are treated like you are the only wedding they are planning. The reception area was decorated beautifully and the food was great. When looking for a venue it stops here. It is a must book location.

Room Tip: We received a beautiful two room honeymoon sweet when we booked our wedding at White Oaks
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Last year we stayed at the Best Western in Canada. Someone in our group went over and found this location. We were taken on a tour of the resort, at that time even though we were'nt staying there, we were allowed to use the fitness facilities at no charge. This year we decided to bring the golf group to the resort. We were not disappointed. The resort has a way of making you feel very important. The wait staff was very accomidating, and remembered everyone by name. White Oaks Resort is beautifully decorated with the most attractive floral arrangements, and the rooms are very comfortable. Concierge's Andre and Jamie were very, very, professional, attentive, and knowledgeable with attention to detail second to none.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The service is definitely 5 stars, the food excellent even though a bit pricey for the area. The facility is well maintained and you have many activities on sites. The hotel rooms however definitively need to be refreshed/renovated. The hotel is also a bit far from niagara on the lake (15 minutes drive) and too close to the QEW. You can probably find something better in the area for the same budget.

2  Thank Toronto2010_a
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My sister had her wedding (garden ceremony & brunch buffet) at this resort this weekend and let me tell you how impressed and satisfied we were with everything. We've been dealing with this venue for about a year and it has been a very pleasant experience for all of us. Josie was our wedding coordinator and she's very reliable and just lovely to deal with. Our flowers were done with Michelle (florist who does flowers for the hotel as well) and the flowers were absolutely stunning..I wish they would last forever! Decor & food were great with one of the best eggs Benedict & dessert selections. Matt in the catering is very nice and helpful. All the servers were very attentive.

From the first day we came to White Oaks until the day of the wedding, we are consistently impressed with their customer service and the friendliness of all the staff here. They are very accommodating, the garden is beautiful, and the rooms are spacious with free Wifi. The resort will often have live pianist playing music pieces or a guitar player in their dining rooms which adds nice ambiance to the resort. They even gave us complimentary dessert when we went to Play for dinner that evening once they figured that we just had a wedding there.

I've been to many hotels/resorts including The Ritz in Toronto and let me tell you that White Oaks resorts definitely deserves a 5 star from me. Their service, value, and venue is the best there can be and I would highly recommend this resort for anyone wanting to plan a wedding or even to drop by on a weekend to relax! Very personable & I can't wait to come back!

I wish I could have tried out their spa but didn't work out in our time schedule so we ended up using a different spa facility. I heard good things about this spa though so I will make sure to try it out next time.

We LOVE WHITE OAKS!!

1  Thank Gobstoppers8383
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I were lucky we got to stay here. Found a good deal on booking.com for CAD125. I reckon it was low season and there were some constructions going on nearby the premise. This is a 5 star 4 diamond hotel and well deserve I must say. Reception staff are efficient, friendly and helpful. If you're in Niagara-on-the-lake for wine country experience just speak to the concierge and he will furnish you with maps, recommendations and free wine tasting cards. Our room had a good layout and was equipped with all the necessary amenities including bathrobes and a coffee machine. There is also a little card on the bedside table with the name of the housekeeping person in charge of your room written on it. The hotel has a state of the art gym that takes up 3 floors. We didn't spend time using it but we took a walk around. Indoor tennis courts, squash courts, indoor pool, and all the other facilities that you gym junkies would love. This place enables you to enjoy certain summer activities all year round. It is a beautiful gym.

Note to management: Movement and sounds in the corridor can be heard clearly from inside the room. Perhaps consider sound proofing or thicker doors.

All else perfect!