“Great stay, excellent service”

White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed on a groupon getaway, $229 for Saturday night with $50 dinner, $25 breakfast, $10 Starbucks, $50 spa and pellar tasting. My fiancé upgrade us to Niagara suite, beautiful spacious room with hot tub, Tv in bathroom, separate living room area. Food was fantastic fish, especially sea scallops and pumpkin gnocchi with oxtail. Complimentary samples between meals, ice wine sorbet was great pallet refresher. Spa service was great, enjoyed the strawberry body glow treatment. Complimentary valet!

Sean and Mason were great at helping my fiancé with romantic room surprise - inniskillen with chocolate covered strawberries and a happy birthday dessert platter at Liv.

The best part was that we we treated like every other guest, often times hotels treat you different when you're redeeming a groupon voucher. Can't wait to go return.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,179)

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Just letting everybody know that our stay at White Oaks was a blast. Great freindly service and the rooms are super spacious!
If you have never eaten at Liv, you should. If the dinners are anything like breakfast, this plase is worth the trip alone. The Chicken Frittata was out of this world and you can't beat the upscale decor.
We are Booking again during wine harvest season, for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ernie D
Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you want a hotel close to everything in Niagara region, this is it. Close to wineries in NOTL, Niagara Falls or St Catharines. The staff was everywhere you turn your head so they can help you. I fell very welcome on arrival and the front desk girl very helpful and knowledgeable, she could understand my Russian dialect, I was surprised, it made my day.
Very nice bar with good food, live music and view of tennis players. The room was impeccable.
Room service a little slow. Nice swimming pool but the best is jacuzzi. Beautiful garden.
Parking lot very small and hard to find a parking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at White Oaks to avoid driving after dinner at a restaurant nearby. Staff made us very welcome on arrival and the room was typical of a Marriott or Hilton; good size, clean and perfectly functional. Everywhere we met staff at the hotel they were impeccably polite and keen to help.

We went to the bar late on Saturday night and it was modern and busy with the music not too loud. Our room was quiet and we slept well. So far so good, but breakfast was disappointing. Three of our group chose the buffet and the food was cold and dried out quite early in the morning. On the plus side, when our waiter asked how the food was and we said we were unimpressed, he immediately organized freshly cooked replacements.

There is a very large sports facility with a lot of day use. We didn't have time to try it so I can't comment on it but it was very busy when we walked through.

This hotel uses Hotwire, so if you see a resort available in Niagara on the Lake, it's White Oaks and you can book Hotwire knowing what you are getting! There is a fifteen dollar resort fee whether or not you use the leisure facilities.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice staff, food edible but nothing fabulous or memorable. Room tidy but garbage from previous customer had been left on the counter ( not even in the garbage). The little charges for everything, $10 to listen to the radio, $5-$12 dollars for using the facilities ( but I did not use any of them). Just include in the price instead of nickel and diming on departure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank M F
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I greatly enjoyed my one night stay at this hotel recently. The staff is exceptionally well-trained- friendly, helpful and professional. From the greeting when I entered the hotel to the spa staff, I can' say enough about how attentive everyone was. I was even provided a stool to put my purse on at the LIV restaurant for breakfast. The room was very well-appointed (down to a recylcing bin) and had every amenity I needed. The room service dinner from LIV arrived at the appointed time and was piping hot and delicious. Even the local red wine was good and my expectations of red wine from this region were not high- a pleasant surprise. Enjoyed a wonderful spa treatment with Lindsey and was encouraged to stay and relax at the spa for as long as I liked. All around a great stay and I wouldn't hesitate to return when I'm next visiting NOTL.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the QEW so if you are a light sleeper, like me, request a room on the opposite...