“Wonderful getaway! Excellent customer service!”

White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went to the White Oaks in for a two day getaway and were very impressed with the room, the customer service and the food at both Liv and Play.

The room was spotless. Top quality linens and towels. The only improvement would be the addition of a mini-refrigerator and a microwave. There is a mini bar but you can't store any of your own items in it. They do, however, say that there is a refrigerator at the front desk that can be used. For someone with medications that need to be kept cold, that can be a bit of a pain. There is a Keurig coffee maker in the room and a Starbucks on site.

We dined at both Play and Liv. Both were of excellent value and we experienced excellent customer service in both places.

We can't wait to go back. Hopefully next time we will have time to experience the spa, the pool and the outdoor gardens.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sunflash
There are newer reviews for White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at White Oaks for one night during the Ice Wine Festival in January. Location wise, it is immediately off the highway but it is only a 15 minute drive away from downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake and the wineries. Overall, I wished we had stayed longer! Right away when I walked in, I felt like I was in an upscale hotel from the design and the furnishings. All the staff were friendly, check-in was quick and efficient.

I was very impressed by the room. We stayed in a Superior Room with a king size bed. First thought when I walked in the room was that it was very big - you wouldn't have to worry about bumping into each other when walking around ! Second thought - very modern and clean design. The bed was a king size platform bed.

Being fitness enthusiasts, the most impressive and memorable was the The Club at White Oaks. Regrettably, we did not have the time to use the facilities but we did take a tour around. The fitness facilities rival some of the best and most expensive clubs in Toronto with equipment that you wouldn't even normally find (eg. TRX gym, turf, battle ropes). I wish Toronto had a similar facility!

White Oaks is definitely a hotel I would want to come back to and stay longer in. Compared to other hotels, it actually has amenities that you can enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I spent this past weekend at White Oaks. From the moment we stepped into the hotel until the moment we left was a wonderful experience. EVERYONE was very nice and helpful. The rooms were large,clean and comfortable. The hotel has a pool, spa, gym, tennis and racquetball courts,etc. Two restaurants: Liv is fine dining and there is also a more casual restaurant, plus a Starbucks which has great breakfast sandwiches. Fresh Flowers everywhere!
If I had one comment more on the negative side, it would be that the carpeting could use a cleaning in the hallways to address some noticeable stains. Even though this resort was close to home, it seemed like we had traveled far and got a very relaxing experience. I would suggest going into Beamsville for wineries. Short drive but worth it! Had dinner at the Benchmark Restaurant and Niagara College (right across the road) and it was very good. We would go back there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here overnight for business. Great hotel!

Nice sized rooms, comfortable beds, turndown service, free parking, free wifi, friendly staff.

Clean, safe and comfortable!

I wish I had more time to explore the spa.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The White Oaks is an amazing up-scale resort with easy access to the highway and to Niagara Falls. It is affordable and absolutely nothing is spared to make your stay enjoyable. Try their restaurants while you are there. The food is excellent. One amazing aspect is the fresh flowers everywhere throughout the resort. The Spa is great and you will come away so relaxed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rmpaul1
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent one evening at this resort, and were pleasantly surprised. Our room was in the Tower Wing, and was large and clean. My husband booked a massage several weeks prior to our arrival, and enjoyed it. I tried to book a manicure the day we checked in, but there was no availability. I suggest making reservations ahead of time. The Spa seemed busy. We had dinner across the street at Niagara Culinary School at Benchmark Restaurant, and enjoyed it very much. We will go back there again. Upon our return, we stopped by the hotel lounge bar to watch the last period of the hockey game. The bar was busy and there was live entertainment....we had a great time there. The breakfast the next morning was excellent. Overall, I would recommend this resort if you want a nice relaxing weekend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Magnificent1
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Had an incredible stay at White Oaks. I did the "Leave Me Alone" package, and it was heaven on earth. Upon my check in, the extremely friendly staffer told me to allow White Oaks to spoil me, and they did not disappoint! The staff were incredible, the room was wonderful, the food was fantastic. The package was perfect. The only thing that was a little lackluster for me was the spa. It was a little underwhelming for a five star place, but my pedicure was still really good. I definitely plan on doing this package again...I would HIGHLY recommend for very busy mom's! :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo