“Amazing Place”

White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa
St. John's, Canada
“Amazing Place”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I loved my stay here. The staff were second to none, the pool and food were amazing, the rooms were super clean and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience! The concierge, the front desk staff, the cleaners, the wait staff...everyone was helpful and everyone had a kind word...there is an onsite Starbucks which also made me very happy lol

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sleepywillow49
Exec-DirectorWO, Manager at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your experience with our amenities and the service provided by our team. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and do hope that you will be able to visit us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed December 7, 2012

White oaks in my opinion is a great place to stay on a visit to Niagara. We usually stay here in a superior room and keep coming here to enjoy service and quality if accommodations.

On our last visit we were surprised that our room was not ready when we arrived at 3.51 p.m. Very friendly staff member told us that resort was not busy, but front desk made us wait until 4.16 before providing us room keys. That is 25 min. of waiting in the lobby.

What is the point of printing on a confirmation that check-in is guaranteed after 4 p.m.
If you can't place guests in their room at 4 - don't say that you would. And be apologetic!

The boss, Mr. W. was not at the resort on day we arrived to see what is going on. I hope he reads this review.

Other than this experience at check-in, the rest of stay is great and staff is fantastic as always.

Room Tip: Call front desk ahead of arriving, ask if your room is ready. Do not stay in the Tower, long walk th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write in. I do apologize that you had to wait for 15 minutes for your room to be ready after the guaranteed check in time as we can understand that it is inconvenient and very uncommon.
Our Front Desk team want to provide our guests with a fast and efficient check in and get them settled in their room as soon as possible so that they can begin to enjoy their stay. It would never be their intention to purposely make someone wait for their guestroom if one was available. Unfortunately it seems in this instance something did cause a delay in our normal check in process and for that we sincerely apologize. We do hope that you will be able to stay with us again and as you mention please do feel free to call ahead and request an early check in. If one is available we will not hesitate to accommodate this request.
Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went to White Oaks for a conferance recently. The food was average nothing exiting to brag about .

Ther starter was a cheese soup with the biscut in it, Not the best presentation but bland.

Main Course was a pork chop glazed with cranberries, roasted patatoes with a side of asparagus, egg plant and peppers.

Dessert was your average coffie cake (taste like store bought) with a side of whip cream.

3 out of 5 stars

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt N
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is one of my favorite conference centres in Ontario. When you're sitting in a boardroom for eight or more hours the ergonomic chairs make a big difference. Delegates are less restless and more focused. The continuous break although a potential diet killer is great to have so you're never confined to a set break schedule. Break whenever you want, there's a great selection day or afternoon. The conference staff are very helpful and they get whatever you want done right away- no need to ever ask twice. Location wise I like it better than being at the falls since you can lose your group to the casino which can make for a challenging set of morning meetings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jwigg2
Burlington, Ontario
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've driven by White Oaks a lot of times and always had a difficult time believing it was a 5-star resort. My friend and I went for a night away to celebrate our birthdays and it is beautiful. Great rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, Frette robes in the room. The sauna and steam room are wonderful. The spa is nice too, we really enjoyed our facials.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karfli
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I recently got married here, and what a happy place to get married at. Dealing with White Oaks has been such a pleasant experience. Your staff is excellent, so hospitable that even the guests at the wedding were impressed. Jaccquie and Laura did wonders to bring down my (the bride's) nervousness. You were so accommodating at every step. I would sincerely recommend this place for a wedding destination, it's just such a happy place! And your staff is definitely your best asset. Thank you so much guys...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Suad H
Toronto
Reviewed November 21, 2012

On October 20, 2012, we were married in Niagara on the Lake and hosted our rehearsal dinner, wedding reception & dinner and breakfast brunch at the White Oaks Resort and Spa Conference Center in Niagara on the Lake. White Oaks Resort made our wedding an incredible and stunning success by taking care of everything - every meal was catered at the hotel in an incredibly rich, classy sophisticated setting which awed me and my guests to this day.

Our Special Events Manager, Laura Beck and Wedding Co-Ordinator Jacquie Conte are two incredible indiviudals who exuded confidence and professionalism. Laura & Jacquie worked diligently with us from the onset to make sure every last detail was taken care of. They cared so much and treated us as if they were planning their own wedding. It's the little things like Jacquie showing up on my wedding day to see if I was enjoying myself when it was her day off to Laura sending e-mails of encouragement and support to a frazzled bride to ensure I was on track with my wedding details. "White Oaks" thank you so much for hiring such incredibly talented women - I was truly honoured to work with them and I miss them already!

Laura and Jacquie in tandem with my Wedding Planner Melissa Laphen together and their staff made sure that EVERYTHING was executed perfectly. From bartenders to an amazing meal to wonderful courteous staff. Every care was made to ensure our wedding was a magical experience. The food that was served to us was wonderfully presented and had the most exquisite tastes. The staff of White Oaks have always gone out of their way to make us feel part of “their” family. From modifying their menu to include a tomato meat based canneloni to appease my difficult Italian mother to changing the menu to reflect my favorite desert which they beautifully presented and made from scratch. I was advised anything that I wanted the chefs could make - carte blanche.. truly incredible!

The waiters at White Oaks truly made the dining experience complete.. Glenna and Matt are magnificent in providing a truly personalized service which myself and my guests will never forget. It really means something when guests approach me and comment that they loved their server - who always smiled so much... I truly believe that White Oaks selects diamonds as their staff. We had a large number of guests and out of town visitors staying at the hotel for the wedding and the staff couldn't have been kinder. From the front door greeting by impeccably dressed Concierge - Jamie Clarke to the flawless check-in and luggage delivery to their rooms my guests were so impressed.

The White Oaks list of recommended vendors allowed me to be introduced to their in-house florist Michelle Brennan - Allen (Fresh Collaborative) Michelle made my flowers absolutely stunning and went out of her way to do a mock set up for me so I can visualize what my flowers would look like. On top of that she made the flowers match my wedding theme of the entire hotel at no extra charge (from the front lobby to flowers in the bathroom)

I felt absolutely spoiled for the four wonderful nights we spent at White Oaks Hotel. We stayed in the Presidential Suite that was reserved for us. The experience was true opulence--our room was incredibly spacious and elegantly designed. It had a separate living room with couches and table area with a fireplace. Huge king sized bed that was so comfortable and large size washroom with double vanity with a huge tub. It was simply perfect! Every evening the staff came and they turned down the bed and left chocolates and a note about what the weather will be for the next day, they even placed a mat at the sides of the bed for you to step on and they turn on the radio for you. Impressive! I even had my wedding pictures done in my very suite the day of my wedding it was that beautiful and it was so spacious that my entire wedding party and team of stylists had their hair and make up done their too! My bridal party loved that White Oaks room service delivered breakfast and then lunch on silver tray to our room while they were getting ready. It was sheer indulgence - everything you would want and expect from a 5 star hotel.

The Grand Event Room was the banquet room we selected for our wedding dinner celebration. It was absolutely breathtaking with it's magnificent high ceilings and simply exquisite when decorated buy White Oaks In-house Florist. The most beautiful aspect of The Grand Event Room is that it attached to Gardenview Foyer which is saturated with beautiful sunlight from its floor-to-ceiling windows which display the beautiful landscaped gardens and maincured lawns. Inside and out the banquet room it was simply stunning.

Finally, there was one thing that I remembered that made me smile..almost reminds me of the movie Pretty Woman.. when I walked passed the reception newly married to go to the Grand Event Room I passed by the front desk.. the concierge and front desk staff all stopped and crowded around to watch in stunned silence, smiled then applauded and paid me co mpliments... it was so surreal - I couldn't help but smile! It was so wonderful !!! Future brides if you want your dream wedding this is the place to go. They make magic happen. If I could this again - I would in a heart beat. Thank you soooo much White Oaks for hosting my dream wedding. I had and incredible wedding and I will be back for every anniversary from hereon. Thank you ! Thank you! Thank you!!

Lina & Christian

Room Tip: Ask for Tower Room - beautifully designed. LIV restaurant is spectacular - delicious food and health...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lina D
Exec-DirectorWO, Manager at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for allowing the White Oaks team to be a part of this special event in your life. We sincerely appreciate all of your kind words for our team members who had the pleasure of being a part of your special day. Thank you for the great detail and time that you took to write in about your White Oaks experience it was an honour to have your wedding take place with us. We look forward to having you and your husband stay with us again in the very near future.