5,816 results
All reviews liv restaurant outlet mall play restaurant tennis courts girls weekend niagara falls get away wine tour great weekend minute drive wedding anniversary wine country squash andre concierge package qew
Reviewed November 21, 2012

On October 20, 2012, we were married in Niagara on the Lake and hosted our rehearsal dinner, wedding reception & dinner and breakfast brunch at the White Oaks Resort and Spa Conference Center in Niagara on the Lake. White Oaks Resort made our wedding an incredible and stunning success by taking care of everything - every meal was catered at the hotel in an incredibly rich, classy sophisticated setting which awed me and my guests to this day.

Our Special Events Manager, Laura Beck and Wedding Co-Ordinator Jacquie Conte are two incredible indiviudals who exuded confidence and professionalism. Laura & Jacquie worked diligently with us from the onset to make sure every last detail was taken care of. They cared so much and treated us as if they were planning their own wedding. It's the little things like Jacquie showing up on my wedding day to see if I was enjoying myself when it was her day off to Laura sending e-mails of encouragement and support to a frazzled bride to ensure I was on track with my wedding details. "White Oaks" thank you so much for hiring such incredibly talented women - I was truly honoured to work with them and I miss them already!

Laura and Jacquie in tandem with my Wedding Planner Melissa Laphen together and their staff made sure that EVERYTHING was executed perfectly. From bartenders to an amazing meal to wonderful courteous staff. Every care was made to ensure our wedding was a magical experience. The food that was served to us was wonderfully presented and had the most exquisite tastes. The staff of White Oaks have always gone out of their way to make us feel part of “their” family. From modifying their menu to include a tomato meat based canneloni to appease my difficult Italian mother to changing the menu to reflect my favorite desert which they beautifully presented and made from scratch. I was advised anything that I wanted the chefs could make - carte blanche.. truly incredible!

The waiters at White Oaks truly made the dining experience complete.. Glenna and Matt are magnificent in providing a truly personalized service which myself and my guests will never forget. It really means something when guests approach me and comment that they loved their server - who always smiled so much... I truly believe that White Oaks selects diamonds as their staff. We had a large number of guests and out of town visitors staying at the hotel for the wedding and the staff couldn't have been kinder. From the front door greeting by impeccably dressed Concierge - Jamie Clarke to the flawless check-in and luggage delivery to their rooms my guests were so impressed.

The White Oaks list of recommended vendors allowed me to be introduced to their in-house florist Michelle Brennan - Allen (Fresh Collaborative) Michelle made my flowers absolutely stunning and went out of her way to do a mock set up for me so I can visualize what my flowers would look like. On top of that she made the flowers match my wedding theme of the entire hotel at no extra charge (from the front lobby to flowers in the bathroom)

I felt absolutely spoiled for the four wonderful nights we spent at White Oaks Hotel. We stayed in the Presidential Suite that was reserved for us. The experience was true opulence--our room was incredibly spacious and elegantly designed. It had a separate living room with couches and table area with a fireplace. Huge king sized bed that was so comfortable and large size washroom with double vanity with a huge tub. It was simply perfect! Every evening the staff came and they turned down the bed and left chocolates and a note about what the weather will be for the next day, they even placed a mat at the sides of the bed for you to step on and they turn on the radio for you. Impressive! I even had my wedding pictures done in my very suite the day of my wedding it was that beautiful and it was so spacious that my entire wedding party and team of stylists had their hair and make up done their too! My bridal party loved that White Oaks room service delivered breakfast and then lunch on silver tray to our room while they were getting ready. It was sheer indulgence - everything you would want and expect from a 5 star hotel.

The Grand Event Room was the banquet room we selected for our wedding dinner celebration. It was absolutely breathtaking with it's magnificent high ceilings and simply exquisite when decorated buy White Oaks In-house Florist. The most beautiful aspect of The Grand Event Room is that it attached to Gardenview Foyer which is saturated with beautiful sunlight from its floor-to-ceiling windows which display the beautiful landscaped gardens and maincured lawns. Inside and out the banquet room it was simply stunning.

Finally, there was one thing that I remembered that made me smile..almost reminds me of the movie Pretty Woman.. when I walked passed the reception newly married to go to the Grand Event Room I passed by the front desk.. the concierge and front desk staff all stopped and crowded around to watch in stunned silence, smiled then applauded and paid me co mpliments... it was so surreal - I couldn't help but smile! It was so wonderful !!! Future brides if you want your dream wedding this is the place to go. They make magic happen. If I could this again - I would in a heart beat. Thank you soooo much White Oaks for hosting my dream wedding. I had and incredible wedding and I will be back for every anniversary from hereon. Thank you ! Thank you! Thank you!!

Lina & Christian

Room Tip: Ask for Tower Room - beautifully designed. LIV restaurant is spectacular - delicious food and healthy food options (Sunday and Monday it's closed)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lina D
Exec-DirectorWO, Manager at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for allowing the White Oaks team to be a part of this special event in your life. We sincerely appreciate all of your kind words for our team members who had the pleasure of being a part of your special day. Thank you for the great detail and time that you took to write in about your White Oaks experience it was an honour to have your wedding take place with us. We look forward to having you and your husband stay with us again in the very near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Was here for a conference for days and was pleasantly surprised.

Food - There was a lot of selection and was fairly good. I enjoyed all my meals, but the foodies out there shouldn't set their expectations too high.

Service - Service was great from the moment the doors opened.

Gym - I've been to a lot of gyms in different hotels, but nothing compares. There are several squash, tennis courts and the newest gym equipment. Better than the gyms that charge!

Rooms - Seems pretty modern - VERY clean! I have very bad dust allergies so this is extremely important to me, no allergy problems here! Lighting was also very good. The only drawback were the pillows - I found several of my colleagues also found them uncomfortable and too soft to sleep on.

Location - Right off the highway - very convenient. There are several wineries nearby that are worth visiting.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TrackN

Thank you for your detailed comments and feedback. We appreciate the time you took to write in and thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your White Oaks conference experience.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Realizing that we would arrive in Niagara on the Lake very late we deceided to stay at White Oaks for the night. The price was excellent and the rooms were ready. Breakfast was another story we had to go over to the sport complex to the Starbucks for breakfast. Watching kids play tennis wasn't really my thing over breakfast. Overall the hotel was clean staff friendly and the room was spacious.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boris2552
Exec-DirectorWO, Manager at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We our thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

When planning our trip to the Niagara Region, this hotel had a substantially lower rate than others we were considering. Ever the cynic, I thought there must be something wrong with it. That proved to be wrong. The rooms were comfortable, and recently upgraded. Everyone we encountered on the staff was very welcoming and helpful. We had a nice lunch in the restaurant one day. Did not use the pool and other facilities, but they seemed popular. The flower displays in the lobby were stunning, and reminiscent of a hotel we stayed in in Geneva. While it is a drive of about 15 minutes to downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake, we did not find that to be unreasonable. It was also close to St. Catharines, and not far from the Falls. Our decision to stay at White Oaks was a good one, and we will return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LilacJen
Exec-DirectorWO, Manager at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found value in your package. We hope that you will be able to visit again in the near future and thank you for taking the time to write in about your experience.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Recently spent a week at this resort participating in a conference. From the time I arrived until the day I departed the customer service was superb. The food was also exceptional, again highlighted by the staff making the experience exceptional. Special note of thanks to Melanie who went out of her way to ensure our group had everything we needed and made our evening meals a memorable experience. The rooms were modern and equipped to ensure you had everything you needed for a positive stay.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Doug E

Thank you for your comments. A week is a long time to be away from home but we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your White Oaks experience and that our Team members provided you with the high level of service we are proud of. Thank you for taking the time to write in and we hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.