“Happy feet!”

White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Happy feet!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Last winter my daughter purchased a White Oaks Spa gift certificate for me in order to make my fifty something birthday a less painful experience! I held off on the impending pedi until I had a special occasion and decided to use it on the weekend of my niece's wedding in September. Julia gave us a lovely reception upon our arrival and we were escorted to the "meditation" room where my daughter and I chatted and sipped some green tea (and did very little meditating, but really enjoyed ourselves). Upon reaching a state of perfect calm and tranquility we were escorted by our lovely estheticians, Brenda and Ashley, to the "nail" room where we were treated like queens and given the royal treatment. :) The girls were attentive and very sweet....and gave us the most relaxing (and pretty) pedicures! We really enjoyed our spa experience and I am banking on more gift certificates for my next painful fifty something birthday!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chattydi
Exec-DirectorWO, Manager at White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your Spa experience and we will be sure to let our team members know that your enjoyed the service they provided.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2012

They really need to update the outside of this hotel - still has the tacky brass windows!

This place is more known for their conference facilities then hotel accommodations. We were here for a wedding and everything was nice but the rooms are disappointing. They have attempted to update them but there still dark and tired. It's a large hotel and they have a lot of amenities, nothing is really wrong with this hotel but nothing stands out either.

It was about a 15min drive to Niagara-on-the-lake next time we go it would make more sense to just stay in the little town area and not have to drive back and forth.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room updates we have completed recently. We've had such positive feedback about the lighter decor and contemporary upgrades that it is surprising to read that you still found the room dark. We at White Oaks are always looking at ways to improve our service and product and thank you kindly for providing us with your feedback.
Barrie
Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you're a tennis or squash player/family, this is a dream destination.

Amazing indoor facilities, six indoor courts, numerous squash courts.

Huge fitness rooms with state-of-the-art weight training machines. A number of fitness classes offered.

Starbucks on site with smoothie and expanded food menu. Two awesome restaurants - Play and Liv.

Pool area is a little older, but totally clean and serviceable. Hot tub jets weren't super powerful, but more than adequate.

Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Kids love it.

We went there about six times from January to July of 2012 and look forward to many more stays.

Room Tip: If you can, try to stay in the tower. Better rooms, more privacy. Seventh floor is most secure wit...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FatherOfTwo777
Thank you for your comments it is so wonderful that your entire family has enjoyed their stay at White Oaks. We look forward to have you return again soon.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Have stayed at this location twice now for work conferences and both times White Oaks have exceeded my expectations. The service, atmosphere and food is excellent and the rooms are very well thought out, not to mention confortable. Everything is top notch when I stay and I always look forward to my company having their conferences here. Now if I could just convince hubby to go for a weekend stay for 2...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank megjo73
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed October 11, 2012

After many hours of searching places to stay in NOTL I looked on Hotwire and found a reasonably priced option and by process of elimination thought it would be White Oaks...and it was. Upon finding out which hotel I had gotten, I contacted White Oaks to see if I could upgrade. I found out that we had a room with two double beds but, yes I could upgrade. In the end the additional amount that I paid was higher than the price listed on line for the same room. First mistake on my part.
We had a room with a gas fireplace and jacuzzi tub which I thought would be romantic.
When we checked into the room I discovered that in front of the fireplace we had two club chairs instead of a comfy...Loveseat or sofa - not ideal. The decor is drab grey, a personal least favorite color. Black carpet, prefab acrylic shower stall, mirrored walls, heart shaped tub...really? Totally not romantic, more on the cheesy side.
In the middle of the night I was awakened with a problem in the room. The desk offered us another room and we packed up our things and moved ourselves at 5:30 am. The next morning we were offered breakfast coupons for the inconvenience. Given the seriousness of the issue we had, I was disappointed by their response. We spent a nervous second night and in the end our stay was anything but relaxing or romantic.
On a positive note - the turn down service person was very nice. The flowers in the lobby were lovely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dznr
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently stayed at the White Oaks Conference Resort and spa and had a great experience there. The staff was very friendly and greeted everyone while walking through the halls. The food was delicious and available at the early hours of the morning. They had snack stations for all the breaks in the conference and had healthy snacks too!

The rooms were amazing and very comfortable to relax in. The grounds are very well kept and the location of the resort was very easily accessible from the highway. They even had indoor tennis courts that I didn't know were there until I got there. Would have packed my shorts and racket!

All in all, an extremely great experience at this resort and I would recommend it to anyone!

Thanks,

Jeff

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank JR16_10
Elora, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay here. Attended a conference near the end of August. Staff were really helpful, with showing me running trails and even letting me borrow their scissors! Room was spacious and clean. After my rooms, loved jumping in the large pool and having a shower poolside. Will come back in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business