I will preface this review first by saying that this is my first and last time I will stay at this hotel. My wife and I stayed here one night to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We checked in around 3pm and it went fine - chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of red wine when we arrived. They said they upgraded us to a room with a fireplace...didn't really enhance our stay given its mid June. We had a private tour of several wineries in the area followed by a nice dinner at a local restaurant - we organized ourselves through a separate tour company. We arrived back at the Queens Landing around 9pm. Around 1am in the morning there was lots of loud talking outside our door between several people....this went on until 2am at which time we called the front desk to complain. We could hear the security person talking to the people outside our door and this went on for another 15 minutes....basically he we saying that everything was fine and they in fact were not that loud??? This pissed us off even more because the security person didn't have the common sense to take the conversation out of the hallway so it didn't keep us up for another 15 minutes. In the end, we had a terrible sleep and we will not return. I understand that the hotel cannot choose its guests, however when you are spending the amount of the money we did on the room, our expectations are different than staying at a Hotel 6. We told the front desk in the morning when we checked out and the room manager's response was...I will tell the manager and let her know??? The only good part about our stay was the breakfast....it was very nice and helped salvage our stay. The reason I rate this hotel poor is one, how they handled the situation at the time and how they responded/reacted to our complaint in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stately Georgian-style mansion overlooking the scenic Niagara River and Lake Ontario. #1 hotel in Ontario on Conde Nast Gold List 2010 and CAA/AAA Four Diamond Award for dining and accommodations. Conveniently located just a short walk from the town's main street and Shaw Festival. 140 elegant guestrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Queen's Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen`s Landing Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Queens Landing Niagara Lake
- Queens Landing Hotel
- Hotel Queens Landing