“Didn't sleep a wink”

Queen's Landing
Oakville Canada
“Didn't sleep a wink”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I will preface this review first by saying that this is my first and last time I will stay at this hotel. My wife and I stayed here one night to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We checked in around 3pm and it went fine - chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of red wine when we arrived. They said they upgraded us to a room with a fireplace...didn't really enhance our stay given its mid June. We had a private tour of several wineries in the area followed by a nice dinner at a local restaurant - we organized ourselves through a separate tour company. We arrived back at the Queens Landing around 9pm. Around 1am in the morning there was lots of loud talking outside our door between several people....this went on until 2am at which time we called the front desk to complain. We could hear the security person talking to the people outside our door and this went on for another 15 minutes....basically he we saying that everything was fine and they in fact were not that loud??? This pissed us off even more because the security person didn't have the common sense to take the conversation out of the hallway so it didn't keep us up for another 15 minutes. In the end, we had a terrible sleep and we will not return. I understand that the hotel cannot choose its guests, however when you are spending the amount of the money we did on the room, our expectations are different than staying at a Hotel 6. We told the front desk in the morning when we checked out and the room manager's response was...I will tell the manager and let her know??? The only good part about our stay was the breakfast....it was very nice and helped salvage our stay. The reason I rate this hotel poor is one, how they handled the situation at the time and how they responded/reacted to our complaint in the morning.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Seabird55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Overall, this was a pleasant stay, but it could have been much better.
The company my husband works for,, booked 40 plus rooms this past weekend.
When we arrived, the fellow that opened the front door for us was younger, cheery and most welcoming...actually we thought he had a very warm sense of humour. .
The front desk girl that was on ....on the Friday we arrived (at approx. 3:30pm) was very nice as well. We got our room....changed it after seeing it had no king bed. this by the very friendly front desk girl. Thank-you to her:)
King achieved...we had 2 hours to dress for a dinner at a winery.
The bathrooms are very small....we could not both be in the bathroom at the same time getting ready. Now it had very nice fittings, with marble counter etc. however, it was very tiny. You received two bath towles, two face and two hand towles. You are given soap, a shampoo, mouth wash and lotion...no conditioner...which I wish I had had. there is a hair blower as well. The kleenex supplied is not very soft for taking make-up off...bring your own.
The room itself, for the price listed, was smaller then we expected.
The bed was very comfortable, beautiful linens.
There is a small fridge in the room and a desk and enough room to store clothing. Cupboard were very small....enough for the evening though.
The bar area outside (after our event was over at the winery) was wonderful Service was excellent here. the server was very nice.
That evening, we asked for a late check-out by an hour...12noon instead of 11am. The front desk staff were not overly friendly here. They told us to check back tomorrow morning at 8am....ummmm....the point was to have some extra sleep-in time.
So...my husband asked the next morning at the desk....they were full...so we were asked to vacate by 11:30am at the latest. ....ok...
That morning, my husband's company had paid for over 90 persons to have the breakfast buffet....many did not make it...including myself. Here is where the "strange" comes in.
My hustand filled out the morning breakfast request form, the eve before...and requested eggs well done....they came runny. We had the breakfast by 10:15....well...we called down to room service and told them I could not eat runny eggs.
At 11:00am...I had my breakfast brought up again...My husband handed over the tray to the fellow...(who was very strange the first time around) who proceeded to "lift" the silver top tray cover...and he said..."oh...at least she didn't go hungry I see!!!" K...there were some potatoes with the eggs...I did eat a few before biting into the eggs...but after the runny bit "ran" over the potatoes...I could eat no more...This was very awkward....We could not believe he would firstly lift the top up in front of us...but then when he spoke the words...we didn't know whether to be angry or laugh...he was very rude and presuming...
So...I rushed through my breakfast...because we were asked to "be out" by 11:30am...just made it!
So...good things here and wonderful decor, very clean....wonderful service and terrible service as well....considering the hotel made so much from the company...we were suprised ....and not in a good way on the last day.

4 Thank trip-together
Webster, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Enjoyed our stay at Queens Landing. The hotel is very nice - a bit pricey, though. Dinner was wonderful and the waitress we had that evening was one of the best we've ever had. I would recommend this hotel since it's very convenient to the main village.

Strathroy, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel several years ago for a conference and was happy to return last weekend with my husband for a two night stay. While the exterior of the building is large, the lobby, elevators and hallways have the feeling of a much smaller inn. Our room was quite large with a king bed, modern decor and sleek, clean marble bathroom. It was a warm weekend, so one night we used the air conditioning, then discovered the window actually opens! Nice to have fresh air. The Shaw's "Festival Theatre" is only one block away, just a five minute walk. Shopping begins across the street from the Shaw and the main shopping area is about eight minutes away. No need to drive downtown and search for parking. Sunday brunch in the Tiara Room of Queen's Landing is an experience not to be missed. Includes everything from eggs benedict to mussels, fresh belgian waffles, custom omlettes, roast beef and a too tempting array of desserts. The saltwater pool is warm and clean with a protected outdoor lounging area.

1 Thank packingandunpacking
Toronto
Reviewed April 7, 2010

On Apr 2 my family including my teenage son stayed in Room 378 of the Queen’s Landing Hotel. We have the an early check-in and was assigned with a very spacious room (#378) with 2 queen beds and partial lake view. The room must be newly renovated as it is a mix of contemporary design and luxury. The bathroom has a tub and a shower stand furnished with marble tiles. The hotel is very thoughtful & detail oriented – complimentary water & personal & toiletries & night time rose. Our family really enjoys the scenery of the lake along the hiking trail just outside the hotel. When we visited the downtown that night, my teenage son commented that we were lucky to stay away from the crowd. He really enjoyed the environment of the hotel. On top of a luxury vintage hotel, what I found most impressive is the staff. We were greeted by every staff in the hotel. That evening, I catch a cold around 11:00 pm. The front desk tried their best efforts to find the medication to me. The mattress and pillows are so nice and the room is so quiet that I slept like a baby that night. It helped me recover so quick that I could enjoy their buffet breakfast the next morning. My family will definitely visit the hotel again and recommend the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Ontario
Reviewed March 28, 2010

From Check in to check out everything was just great (except the wind made something rattle in the chimney all night ...hardly the hotel's fault :-) ) The bed was so comfortable I did not want to get out in the morning. We wanted something for lunch that was not on the menu and the staff in Tiara took care of it right away, with a smile. I've stayed here a few times and will always be happy to go again.
The location is not right in the heart of the main action but it close to theatre, water and is a great location.
Room and bathroom were large.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I attended a wedding here and stayed for 3 days. The hotel is beautiful and in a great setting right on the lake. The rooms are spacious and the beds super comfy. The showers have this great mist setting! The entire hotel is spotlessly clean. The breakfast in the Tiara restaurant is delicious but the service is very slow. The food in the Bacchus Bar Lounge is also great and reasonably priced. They did a great job of the wedding and the food was superb. It is a luxury hotel which is represented in the rooms rates, not cheap by any means but worth it for a romantic break.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niagara-on-the-Lake
Harbour House Hotel
Harbour House Hotel
#2 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#9 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
#1 of 1 in Queenston
Sterling Inn & Spa
Sterling Inn & Spa
#2 of 128 in Niagara Falls

Been to Queen's Landing? Share your experiences!