Arrived at the hotel parked the car as no one was there to great us. Checked in and still had to retrieve our luggage ourselves. On checking in my credit card was blocked for $1,700. When questioned I was told they do this in case we used the restaurant or spa services but as we were only there two days I feel this is excessive. At no point did the staff at the reception offer to inform us of tourist activities even though there is a speed boat ride down to the white water rapids just 50 yards from the hotel, or anywhere to visit.
Went for breakfast the next morning and waited 15 minutes to be served and that was only after asking who was serving our table. Erin who works in the bar and Alex in the breakfast room ( I hope I have their names correct) are are two of the staff that are stars in a sea of mediocrity.
A very nice looking hotel with clean rooms but staff leave a lot to be desired. Would suggest the Prince of Wales. Centrally located in the town with superior staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stately Georgian-style mansion overlooking the scenic Niagara River and Lake Ontario. #1 hotel in Ontario on Conde Nast Gold List 2010 and CAA/AAA Four Diamond Award for dining and accommodations. Conveniently located just a short walk from the town's main street and Shaw Festival. 140 elegant guestrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cancelon and Jetsetter so you can book your Queen's Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen`s Landing Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Queens Landing Niagara Lake
- Queens Landing Hotel
- Hotel Queens Landing