“Good, but not exceptional”
Review of Queen's Landing

Queen's Landing
Ontario, Canada
“Good, but not exceptional”
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Just came back from a one night stay. Front desk service was good, the room and bathroom were average, with 2 doubles (why not 2 queens instead) - we had requested a king but it's not guaranteed. It was very clean. Turn down service consisted of them placing a rose and breakfast order card on one of the beds. They didn't replenish or tidy at all and didn't turn down the bed. There was no mini-bar, just an empty fridge. Request for a kettle and tea supplies were quickly met.

We had dinner as part of a group function and it was good, but not exceptional. Buffet breakfast was above average - they had the usual assortment of items, but the quality of the food was excellent. Service was mediocre at the breakfast.

The room was on the 3rd floor overlooking the parking lot and tour buses showed up in the morning and idled for a good half hour right outside the room- very noisy and smelly. Water pressure of the shower in the morning was very poor.

Overall, a good hotel but a little disappointing because I was expecting much more. .

Stayed April 2008
4 Thank PVTraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2008

Went to Queen's Landing on the morning of March 8th during an intense snow storm. Got there at 10am hoping that our room would be ready. It was! Very quick and pleasant check-in. Room was amazing! Great bed, flatscreen tv, hot tub...Went for breakfast, which was pricey but incredible! My girlfriend and I spent the day using all the facilities of the hotel. Very enjoyable!

The purpose of this trip was for me to propose to my g/f. However, I told her it was a bday gift from my parents and that she should make reservations at the hotel's restaurant for my bday dinner. Doing that, I knew she would request my dessert saying Happy Birthday. Once she made the reservations, I called and asked that there be a dessert for her which said "Will you marry me?". The staff was extremely helpful in accomodating! So there we are at dinner (which was again amazing!), dessert comes out, and she was blown away!

The restaurant staff was very helpful in making this happen. Even gave us complimentary Champaigne.

We will definately go back to celebrate anniversary's!

We didn't even get a chance to walk around the area because of the storm but I highly recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway!

• Liked — staff, food, room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pkane
toronto, ontario
Reviewed March 17, 2008

We had booked a weekend stay at Queen's landing which included Dinner . This was not our first time there and will not be our last. It was excellent - the service was great - the accomodation was top notch - we would definitely stay there again. The meal plan gave the ability to book at Queen's landing or the other 2 affiliated restaurants (Pillar and Post or Prince of Wale) - we had one meal at the Pillar and Post and one at Queen's landing - next time we will stay at Queen's landing as we found the atmosphere and food was more romantic. The service at Queen's landing is at the top level.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank toomanyids
Toronto
Reviewed February 18, 2008

I stayed at Queens Landing for my first wedding anniversary, that fell on valentines day. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and inviting, I really really felt welcome, I special thanks to the handsome young man behind the front desk!
I also booked our anniversary dinner in the restaurant, the food was excellent as well as the service. They made us feel as though it was our wedding night all all over again.
Thank-you, Queen's Landing, I'll be back!

• Stayed February 2008
Toronto
Reviewed February 13, 2008

The food, the service, the accomodations were all excellent. I must say this place in overall quality of service and food exceeded my expectations. Fantastic time and wonderful service. AAAAAA+++++

• Liked — Service and food was excellent
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 2, 2008

My husband and I wanted a quick, relaxing last minute getaway from Toronto for our New Year's Eve. I had heard very good things about the Vintage Hotels, and though I knew it probably wasn't exactly our taste/style, I booked a "Deluxe" room for 1 night anyhow. High season last minute so was definitely not a bargain. Check in was speedy and smooth and the room was very nice, as promised (Comfy soft King bed w/ rose on pillow, gas fireplace & sitting area, lakeview, great linens & robes, flatscreen, good temp controls, bathroom well appointed). As you would expect for the price, all our requests were met promptly and courteously (brought a kettle right away, replaced non-working cd player). We were there because use of the spa facilities at the Pillar and Post (one of 2 other sister properties in town) was included. We were given a complimentary ride over by hotel shuttle (less than 5 min drive) at our request, also prompt and courteous. The spa was very nice, though subterranean, and robes/slippers, locker and basic toiletries were provided. We really enjoyed the outdoor hot tub (they call it a hot spring but it's not a natural spring, just a very large chlorinated hot tub in a landscaped outdoor setting) and steam room facilities, neither of which are on offer at the Queen's Landing itself. We did make use of the QL's hottub, saltwater pool, sauna and fitness centre. All well maintained and clean. Overall, not a lot of WOW factor. The hotel's decor and design are all neo-Georgian/suburban and did not appeal to me. They do a good job of blending their newish (1990) building in with all the historic architecture of the town, etc. It's not offensive but just doesn't appeal to my sensibilities. Service was consistently very good and you got what you'd expect at a hotel in this price range. For us it was a very relaxing, cozy night away for 2.

• Liked — Quiet and relaxing, cozy in-room fireplace, reliable service
  • Disliked — Architecture and decor unapplealing (...but everything clean and comfy)
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KaWaMiDa
Newburyport, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 29, 2007

Friendly and courteous staff. Excellent food both in the restaurant and through room service. Great room - a newly renovated suite. Pricey, but worth it.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple