“Conference Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Queen's Landing

Queen's Landing
“Conference Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Thank you to Peggy Cernick and the rest of the Conference Team at Queen's Landing. Planning my two day off-site meeting was a breeze with Peggy's help. The conference Team went beyond to attend to our last minute needs. The catering for our meetings was delicious, fresh and the presentation was very pleasing. Our company has used this venue in the past for team meetings and will continue to do so for future meetings. I would highly recommend Queen's Landing to anyone looking for an event venue.
It was an absolute pleasure and enjoyable experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hello Teresa - I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with our conference team here at Queen's Landing. Corporate clients are very important to us and we truly enjoy welcoming clients back time and time again. I am pleased to hear that your meeting was a success and will share your compliments with our team.

We hope that you will visit us again soon - our corporate team will be waiting to impress you again!

All my best Teresa and thank you again,

Lily Kszan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Being a vegetarian I was disappointed, but not surprised, to see only one vegetarian entree on the dinner menu. I had little choice so I selected the risotto. I have had risotto in may places and this was by far the worst. It was bland, tasteless, watery and I ate less than half of it. It reminded me of Minute Rice that had not been drained properly. The server offered a salad but didn't really seem very concerned that I was not enjoying the $28 bowl of risotto. The appetizer (mulled pear) was also very small and overpriced. The hotel is lovely and the rooms are fine but the dinner was a very disappointing experience. No one at the front desk asked about our experience at the hotel upon checkout but I did fill in a customer satisfaction survey and left it for them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda B
Dear Linda - I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience here in our Tiara Restaurant. Being a health conscious person, I too enjoy vegetarian menu items and I agree that perhaps we need to have more options on our dinner menu. We are actually in the process of creating a new menu for the fall season and I will let the Executive Chef know that our vegetarian guests need to have more creative choices included.

We do hope that you will visit us again,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Went there on a weekend trip to take in the Shaw Festival. Have stayed there many times before and it is as good as ever, if not better. The rooms are delightful (we were upgraded to a corner room with a wonderful view and with a fireplace. The bathroom is freshly upgraded. Bed very comfortable. Had Sunday brunch. Service the best you will find anywhere - people really friendly and competent. Went to the pool and hot tub - everything immaculate. Absolutely nothing that was anything less than outstanding

Room Tip: Try and get 365 or 397
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jsimke
Dear valued repeat guest: Thank you so much for your lovely review on your recent stay here at Queen's Landing. We are so pleased that you have visited the hotel several times and continue to enjoy your time here with us. It sounds like you had a busy stay! How great that you got to experience all that you did! The Sunday brunch offered in our Tiara Restaurant is such a treat and one of my favorites!

You have a lot of choices when you travel - thank you for choosing to make us one of your repeat destinations!

All my best,

Orangeville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our delegates gave Queen's Landing top marks in our conference survey.

From the Event Planners side, the service we received was excellent. There was always someone available if needed. Peggy Cernick went that extra mile for me which did not go unnoticed, she was a pleasure to work with. The banquet staff in particular were top notch and the food was excellent.
I would highly recommend Queen's Landing whether it be for business or pleasure.
Regards,
Michele Davis
Canadian Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

A big thank you to Sharon Barton and Peggy Cernick. Both of these ladies handled the details of our two day off-site with professionalism and charm. Peggy walked me through the planning process each step of the way and made the entire experience an absolute joy. She handled everything down to the last detail and went above and beyond to ensure that our large group was taken care of. Although I understand how busy Peggy must be, she replied to my messages in an efficient manner, took the time to explain everything clearly and she never made me feel rushed. She is a pro and I felt confident with her at the helm. I would recommend Queen's Landing to anyone looking for an event venue. I hope to visit the hotel myself someday so I can meet this lovely team in person.

Paula Gray
Cineplex Entertainment - Toronto

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello Paula - I wanted to take the time to thank you for your beautifully written review of your corporate planning experience here at Queen's Landing. I am so pleased that you had confidence working with Peggy during the preparation process for your group. We often have meeting planners and coordinators who plan the conferences from afar and then have to place trust in our team of professionals here on site as they do not attend the meetings themselves, Knowing that you had confidence in us before your group even arrived is a high compliment - thank you.

We do hope that you can visit us in the future!

Yours in hospitality,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Lovely tasty lunch. However front desk staff need to learn how to deal with disabled. I have a walker but was directed not to an elevator but rather to stairs Did not know that elevator existed. Staff in dining room need training on assisting disabled Otherwise memorable experience However note that this hotel is quite a walking distance from downtown core

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family stayed in the Dock Master suite this past weekend. We love the private location and that it’s away from the hustle of the main hotel.
The room was very spacious, comfortable and had all the amenities we needed. Highly recommend it.
We also enjoyed a lovely dinner in a private dining room. The food is always so good at The Queen’s but this meal seemed extra delicious. All details were taken care of for our special event. Hats off to Jill for her knowledgeable and pleasant demeanor. Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Hello Angie - thank you ever so much for sharing your family's experience here at Queen's Landing. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our lovely Dock Master suite that is becoming a very popular accommodation here at the hotel. How wonderful that you were able to join us for dinner and have Jill take care of you. She is one of our long service team members who takes great pride in providing exceptional service.

Enjoy the fall season and please do visit us again soon! Your Dock Master suite will be waiting.