“We had a great wedding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Queen's Landing

Queen's Landing
Hamilton, Canada
“We had a great wedding!”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We had a great time having our wedding at Queen's Landing.

We had a medium-large wedding of around 200 guests, and we heard nothing but rave reviews from all of them about the venue-- location, decor, and service. Most of our guests stayed at the hotel and really enjoyed it and the amenities it offered (gym, pool, restaurant). They also all received a rose on their pillow-- not sure if this is because they were wedding guests or not, but everyone really appreciated it.

From the wedding perspective-- really great rooms are available. We had the Grand Georgian ballroom and atrium for our reception, and they were lovely and easily fit our guests. Table service during dinner was fantastic-- we went for the unlimited table wine and they were quick to make sure everyone had a full glass (and a full plate) quickly though out the dinner. The food itself was fantastic, nice variety and well prepared. I've been to many weddings but this venue was a cut above the rest for food.

The event coordinators (Teri & Lisa) were a pleasure to work with, very helpful in planning, supportive and lots of fun too. They had good advice and the day of the wedding made sure everything ran smoothly-- they definitely have the experience to run a good-sized wedding, and freed us up for the important things-- spending time together with friends and family! Importantly, all of the other service people we had at the wedding (DJ, musicians, photographer, sound etc.) also said they were a pleasure to work with.

All of the other staff at the hotel were also great-- always making sure we had everything we needed, helping carry and unload equipment before and after the wedding, etc.

Amazingly they also had a second wedding on the same day-- but if we hadn't been told we wouldn't have known, they managed to run everything so smoothly.

Really-- can't say enough good things about this venue for weddings. Having stayed there for several nights, I can also say it's a beautiful, conveniently located hotel with excellent service as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Hello Simon: I wanted to personally congratulate you on your wonderful wedding at Queen's Landing and thank you for your amazing review. We are so pleased that all your friends and family enjoyed their time with us for such a special event in your lives! Teri and Lisa take great pride in ensuring that wedding days run smoothly and the bride and groom can enjoy themselves with no stress! Sounds like they delivered our Service First guarantee!

Enjoy the summer Simon and please do visit us again soon!

Yours in hospitality,

Lily Kszan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I had booked our wedding ceremony and reception at Queen's Landing. We were very impressed by the level of service we received by the staff at Queen's Landing. We had a somewhat unusual reception; an afternoon tea. The staff accomodated our request and went above and beyond to provide a truly magical afternoon. My husband and I did not have to worry about the small details of the day; our Wedding Coordinator, Lisa, ensured the day flowed flawlessly. I highly recommend this venue to other couples.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tracey M
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Congratulations Tracey on what truly was a magical and unique wedding at Queen's Landing. We are so pleased that you trusted us with such an important event in your life. Our weddings are all one of a kind and yours sounds like a fairy tale come true!

I appreciate you recognizing Lisa, our Special Events Manager. She takes great pride in ensuring the happiness of our brides and grooms. I will pass along your praise to her directly.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that we were a part of your special day and hope to see you and your new husband again soon!

All my very best,

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I had the pleasure to attend a lovely business conference at Queen's Landing.

The location is right on the river with nice views of the marina and boats. It's a longer than anticipated walk to the downtown stores and theatre, but our weather was nice, so the walk was enjoyable. Rooms were spotless, spa-like washrooms with an in-room fireplace. I'd request a room with water views, otherwise you're looking over the parking lot.

Meals in the main dinning room were great and service is very attentive. Lots of staff to take care of all your guests needs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I recently spent 4 days in this Hotel with my wife as a romantic escape. The Hotel is very nicely situated just a few blocks from the historic downtown and very close to the Shaw Festival Theatre. We had asked the Hotel to get tickets for us to one of the plays and they came through for us, kudos! Our room was very nice with a view of the marina but over a parking lot, staff I think. The rooms are air conditioned but the window also opens and we were able to have fresh air and dispense with the noise of the AC. We were there in the off season so parking etc was not an issue. The common areas are very pleasant and their business centre is first rate. There are wonderful walking trails close by as is the entry to Ft. George.
We did have one major glitch. On our last day we had decided to check out and then have one last, nice breakfast in the restaurant which has a beautiful view. We went to the restaurant and though it was clearly open, there was no one to serve us. The hostess indicated that all of the staff had been called to a meeting and that no one was there. I was incredulous, but she insisted this was the case. We went back to the front desk and complained. The clerk there called the hostess and was equally surprised and upset saying that it was totally unacceptable. She said she would pass our concerns on to the manager. Normally, this would not have been a big deal, but we had really been looking forward to the breakfast as a wonderful end to our vacation and it really deflated us and left a bad taste in our mouths right at the end of the stay. Since then the Hotel has contacted us and is comping our last nights stay as a way of apologizing. While I appreciate this gesture it does not change the emotions or our last memory of the stay. This is really too bad as this is a too good a Hotel to let a slip like this spoil a stay.

Room Tip: Ask about proximity to parking lots. We had a view room but it was right over a parking lot that was...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have had the pleasure of working with a number of hotels and conference centres these past few years, planning conferences and retreats. I must say that one of the ultimate pleasures is working with the team at Queen’s Landing in Niagara on the Lake (Vintage Inn). From the beginning planning stages, you know you are working with professionals who have done this many times. They make my job so much easier and are always happy to go ‘the extra mile’ in order to have the event a total success

From those that attended the conference, I have had many thank you(s) expressing delight with their rooms, the food and the enjoyment of staying at such a wonderful establishment with staff that are pleasant, courteous and helpful. I couldn’t miss making extra special thanks to Sharon Barton and Peggy Cernick…you make my job so much easier and besides, you are an absolute pleasure to work with! Thank you to you both!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Hello Carole:

I wanted to send along my appreciation for your wonderful review of Queen's Landing for your recent conference. We appreciate your VIP repeat business over the years and truly enjoy welcoming your group back! Sharon and Peggy both enjoy working with you and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to both of them!

All the best Carole,

Innisfil, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My mother got a great deal on the room and gave us a night stay for Christmas. We arrived on Jan 1 and left Jan 2. When we arrived there was maybe only two other couples staying in the whole place so it was nice to be able to go to dinner in the quiet and get the best seats in the place for breakfast. Since it was just after New Years Eve there was lots of balloon bouquets (which our toddler daughter loved) around and the lady at the pub told us to take as many was we wanted since they were just going to be popping them anyway. The pool is great and the changing rooms were very clean. Now we were traveling with our daughter who at the time was 18mths old and we asked for a crib and when they brought it up to the room it was what looked like a 1950's hospital crib with all metal bars and very skinny and just plain scary looking, clean but scary glad we had our playpen in the car. We also had an electrical outlet in the room and we asked if they had anything to cover them up, the gentleman couldn't find anything so he brought up some duct tape which worked fine for the night and suggested getting some of the pop in cover for the future which he agreed with. The staff was great, the room was awesome and if I can ever afford it I will be going back! :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was hotel liason for our recent conference at the Queens Landing and, of all the hotels I have worked with over the years, this hotel was the very best. From begining to end, from the planning staff to the front desk and all the support personel everyone went far out of their way to ensure everything was smooth, and all our guests were happy. The meals we had there were excellent as well, putting that old expression about "hotel food" to shame. Certainly it would be t the top of my wish list should I need to run any type of function in Niagara-on-the-Lake again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Hello Peter:

I was so happy to read your feedback on Queen's Landing following the Cavort Conference. It was our pleasure to host such an important local event and we are so pleased that your expectations were surpassed. We truly appreciate your comment about "hotel food" and how we have blown that perception out of the water - cheers for that!

Peter - I must also thank you for the wonderful letter that you sent me with amazing praise for the hotel and our staff. I have shared your comments with our team and appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to send along the letter.

We hope that we can host another event for you in the near future.

With appreciation,