“Short Honeymoon”
Review of Queen's Landing

Queen's Landing
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Fantastic hotel with all the amenities your really need. We stayed over the Christmas period, which was not too busy.
Great service, pleasant decor and the honeymoon suite with fireplace and hardwood floors was the best. Staff were always there when needed but reserved when not.
They put together a fantastic Christmas brunch and evening meal, superb.

Really enjoyed our 4 night stay and will return next year.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing east have a nice view of the marina.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Hello Dusty - I was so pleased to read of your honeymoon with us at Queen's Landing. We absolutely love hosting special occations for our guests especially around the holidays when the hotel and town are simply magical! The Royal Suite is a superior accomodation that feels like a real treat to stay in! How amazing that you could join us for 4 nights! We truly hope that you will return and make new memories with us! Perhaps you can make it a tradition for anniversaries in the future.

All the best to you and yours and thank you for sharing your experience,

Reviewed January 19, 2012

This Inn is located in a great location and has great amenities. Service is also good.Tiara provides a fine dining experience, although somewhat overpriced. Breakfast is quite uncreative and very overpriced. Felt the dining experience was much less exceptional than our experiences several years ago. Also be prepared, there is an issue with sound if there is any events while you are visiting. If you like quietness, ask for a room as far away from banquet rooms as possible! That said this is a large Inn with predictableness and amenities not found in Bed and breakfasts.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Unfortunately, I must say that our experience at Queen's Landing was not satisfactory at all.

I did discuss my concerns with the manager on duty during out stay. My issues were the following:

1. I booked the best room they had online, a suite and found the bathtub was very dusty. So much so that when I attempted to fill it with water there was a murky residue on the surface of the water. I had to drain the tub and wipe it down.

2. In the sitting area of our suite, the carpet was littered with cereal remnants. It appears that the ottoman in front of the couch had not been moved in order to facilitate vacuuming that area of the carpet. As I stated, I did discuss this with the manager and since my husband was resting, I requested that the room just be left as it was. We were only booked for the one night but I wanted him to be aware of the condition of the room.

3. I had added on the "New Year's Eve" package to my reservation along with the breakfast package. The original time for dinner was set at 6:30PM. Some days beforehand, I received a call from Megan at Tiara Restaurant to confirm our reservation. I requested at that time if it was possible to move the reservation time to 8:00PM as we were flying in from Myrtle Beach and a later time would be most appreciated. This was accommodated; however, Megan neglected to inform us that there was a price change. Imagine our surprise when we arrived for our reservation only to find that the cost was $110.00 per person instead of the $60.00 per person I had booked. It was 8:00PM, what were we to do at that time on New Year's Eve?? We were already seated and the staff was so terribly busy I decided to take up the issue in the morning. I did not wish to make an issue about the price while seated at the restaurant - to me that would have been most embarrassing.

4. The early check out bill reflected our room charge ($409.00), our lunch and New Year's dinner charge PLUS the original charge for dinner at $60.00 per person, plus the breakfast charge. What bothered me was that this "early check out bill" indicated no consideration given for the state of the room upon check in and had the gall to charge me twice for dinner. Forgive me, but I would think that if anyone had bothered to look at the bill when it was prepared, they would have questioned two dinner charges on a stay of one night? It simply does not make sense.

5. I realize that this was New Year's Eve and that two weddings were being held, but for goodness sake - continual noise well past 3:00AM, our room was directly over the entrance and due to the significant level of noise neither myself nor my husband were able to get any quality of sleep. (Even with earplugs)

Yes, I should have called the front desk, but at this point I was so upset I did not wish to talk to anyone at the hotel at all.

In the morning, I took the early check out bill to the front desk and requested that the duplicate dinner charge and breakfast charges be removed, after explaining the situation. This was done immediately. I then discussed the above issues with the young lady. She mentioned that she did not have authority to correct the restaurant charges but would talk to the manager upon his arrival at 9AM. I returned to the front desk at 9:10AM, the young lady discussed the issue with the manager and an adjustment was processed to my bill to reflect the condition of the room and correct the dinner charges. This was done efficiently – I would like to state that the front desk staff was very cordial and understanding of my disappointment. I have no complaint with the service.

Given all the above, I would rate our stay as unsatisfactory. On a scale of 1 to 10, it barely rated a 2. I expected much better from a four diamond hotel and was sadly, very much disappointed, I had chosen this inn as a nice way to round out our Christmas trip from Myrtle Beach before heading home. I must confess that even with the adjustment to the bill - I am still unsatisfied and very truly feel that the adjustment amount was not enough - I regret the $800+ I spent for our one evening, but at that point, I was just too darn tired, frustrated and disappointed and to be very honest and blunt - I just wanted to get the heck out of there.

Terrible disappointed.

13  Thank Tricia2008
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Dear Guest:
I am terribly disappointed to read about your New Year's experience here at Queen's Landing. We are truly sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. This type of experience is not an accurate reflection of our high level of service and is certainly not typical or acceptable. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter further - I can be reached at l.kszan@vintage-hotels.com.

Hoping that we will be able to welcome you back again and provide the high level of service that we are known for.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We were part of a wedding on New Years Eve at Queen's Landing. Teri the event coordinator did a fabulous job in the planning and responding to any issues that arose. The food was the best I have had at a wedding.We stayed the night at the hotel as well and the rooms were very comfortable, one of the most comfortable beds I have found in a hotel. There was another wedding going on at the hotel on the same night and a New Years Eve Gala, we didn't even notice that there was anything else happening in the hotel everything was managed so well.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Beautiful hotel. All needed amenities. Staff were helpful and curteous. Staff were super helpful in fact they drove a friend to the drug store to pick up something he had forgotten. We were staying there for a wedding and the only complaint that I would have was that when I left the wedding I could still hear the band like they were in my room. If I hadn't attended the wedding this would have been a serious problem. Rooms were spacious there was enough room for a cot for the babysitter and a play yard for the baby. The hotel had a beautiful library with free internet.

Room Tip: we were on the second floor not far from the lobby...if there is a wedding going on it could be very...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at The Queen's Landing Hotel in Niagara-on the Lake. I am from out-of-town and was coordinating an event there for New Years Eve. The on-site coordinator, Teri Canestraro and her team made planning a perfect event from a distance a breeze. Their service up to the event was as seamless and perfect as their service on the big day. I couldn't have asked for a better team. If you are planning a special event, their beautiful rooms, impeccable service and gourmet food is absolutely the best. And, from a guest's perspective, the room was luxurious, comfortable and very clean. I would stay as a guest again anytime and hope to get the opportunity to work with the amazing team again soon!

Room Tip: I had the opportunity to view a few rooms, and they all seemed to have a nice view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Hello Jamielynne - I wanted to take the time to thank you for your thoughts on the wedding that you planned and attended at Queen's Landing. We are so proud of our weddings and the hard work that Teri, our Special Events Manager, puts into every event that she coordinates. We take much pride in ensuring a perfect day for our brides, grooms and their guests. Being in the business, we know that you can appreciate a great team when you see one! Thank you for your praise of our hotel and service!

Hope we can welcome back again in the future!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

The Queen's Landing hosted two days of meetings for our organization that exceeded our expectations in both sevice and accomodations.The rooms were excellent, the food was wonderful, the service staff was very attentive. In terms of setting up and booking our meeting rooms, meals and accomodations, the event coordinators and sales staff ensured the planning and arranging was straight forward, simple and a pleasure. We are already making plans to hold future meetings at the Queen's Landing. They asked all the necesary questions to ensure our meetings were a success and all who attended were quite impressed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan W
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Thank you Jonathan for your comments regarding your recent conference at Queen's Landing. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our valued corporate guests enjoy their stay and have a successful meeting. Peggy, our Conference Services Manager reported that you were a pleasure to work with and she is looking forward to working with you again.

All the best for the New Year!